MMC OX Assaultus

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Devastator21, Sep 30, 2017.

1. octobotimus

octobotimus Plastic Criminal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don’t think the legs will work out too well tho. Aren’t the combiner thighs alone around the width of swindle’s leg mode?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  2. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    So the add on set is to make this more toy inspired? I feel like I don’t need or want it but at the same time I’m a completionist haha

3. Digger

Digger Collecting with the goal of no end

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yeah it gives him the silver chest and toy head. Also a bigger rifle and some shoes, which were at the demand so that he could be slightly taller.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ragnar454

Ragnar454 Well-Known Member

Sucks for you to have all your masterpiece figures riddled with spruce marks and scratches because you don’t have a expectation of a quality product for a mass produced figure.

Mine don’t and I didn’t have to make them myself. Regardless of factory conditions and qc policy, these companies can and do make quality products without a bunch of spruce marks, scratches, and painted dirt. To settle for bad products is just making excuses for the company.

I do agree that bad products can slip through and it’s not a big enough deal to be posting it on fb and crying about it. Just return it get a quality one because they can make a quality product without spruce marks and dirt.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Magna Jet Convoy

Magna Jet Convoy Well-Known Member

The add-on kit is a great addition to MMC Assaultus. Cleverly engineered to give an already great figure a toy accurate rendition. The new rifle dwarfs the original.

• Like Like x 3
  6. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That wasn't the point. Complaining online that the poor QC wage slave didn't do their damned job (when you apparently don't even know what their damned job is) isn't productive.

The system has measures in place if you get truly defective product. If you're complaining that your toy isn't built to professional model-builder standards, however, you're never going to get that.

7. sifu74

sifu74 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You seem to like to make excuses for shitty work. These aren't cheap dollar store toys. Have you heard of Hot Toys 1/6 scale figures? Those average $220 and if the paint comes messed up you damn sure I'm returning to retailer and getting new one. Just look at the MP Hound fiasco, shitty qc and people are returning them. Why not go in that thread and tell people to keep their broken figure since it's mass manufactured and stop complaining.

• Like Like x 1
  8. GR1ML0CK

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I haven’t been following but my man isn’t returning the defective add on set? That would be absurd. If my whatever came to me scratched and painted like crap I’d be returning it pronto. As for that set I’ve decided to skip it altogether. G1 toon look for me baby

• Like Like x 2
  9. ILoveLuci4

ILoveLuci4 Well-Known Member

"spruce marks"?
    Like sap?

'I never wanted to be a toy collector....I want to be...a lumberjack!'

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  10. GR1ML0CK

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    :lol 

11. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Nah, it's being "spruced up"... :) 

• Like Like x 3
  12. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    It literally doesn't matter if you're talking dollar store toys vs. a $200 Masterpiece. The QC process is largely the same between the two. A more reputable company might have a finer point checklist, or a more rigorous check interval, but the fact remains that it's not in the economic interests of the industry to enact the level of checking that you seem to desire. You've actually accidentally hit the nail on the head here in your rant: "let the retailer handle it". That's built in to the business model. It's far simpler and cheaper to replace the defective product at a $100 loss or whatever, than it is to pay for the $5000 or whatever worth of labour to prevent those defects from ever seeing the light of day.

It also says something of your understanding of the manufacturing industry that you label the MP Hound debacle as a QC issue. Every single broken Hound probably would have aced a QC inspection with flying colours. Hound's issues exist far beyond the purview of a standard QC inspection.

Only true boutique collectibles, like limited-edition statue productions might have QC procedures up to your high standards, often because the toys are hand-finished.

It's not like high-end productions like Hot Toys are immune to such problems, either. The rubber rot or paint discolouration issues that many of their figures have faced could be considered analogous to the Hound issue.

The level of diligence that you demand requires a systemic change in the entire manufacturing industry as a whole, one that would upset worldwide labour markets and destroy the industry as we know it. That's a whole different issue to be had regarding fair market value and living wages, etc, etc.

• Like Like x 3
  13. ILoveLuci4

ILoveLuci4 Well-Known Member

That'sss....disparaging. Sounds right, though.

I don't know why I ever thought those in charge of QC / QA for collectibles would ever do more than give the figure a looking over, check for accessories and give a pass or chuck it. Kind of ridiculous to think that.

• Like Like x 1
  14. GR1ML0CK

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    :drunk  7DEF0328-BBF8-449E-BA19-6385D94AB020.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  15. MINDVVIPE

MINDVVIPE "The powers of darkness..."

It's actually pretty astounding given the number of figures that turn out well, and especially crazy how sharply the design files and design process translates into stuff not succumbing to their relatively fragile albeit flexible materials (plastic) when manipulated at the joints, tabbing in of stuff, etc.
    If you get a lemon, obviously the person should try and get it exchanged/returned for a refund, but given everything involved as guy stated with the entire production process, I can easily overlook certain roughness as it honestly is mostly the norm. It's only on certain figures that I see certain attention to detail that put them into a category of their own, like Mastermade and their decals/paint. Shit is incredibly sharp imo.

• Like Like x 2
  16. SuperGrimlock

SuperGrimlock Cybertron Driver License

That sounds awesome. When and how for the adapters? I'm still getting mmc Onslaught.

• Like Like x 1
  17. generalgrevious

generalgrevious Well-Known Member

this is going to be another add on kit for this? if so i`m in for it

18. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Not from MMC themselves. Sounds like TigerBlade's talking about a kit to hybridize the Zeta Onslaught with the MMC limbs.

19. generalgrevious

generalgrevious Well-Known Member

will he do one for the mmc onslaught as well that would be cool. i would hate to re-buy a different onslaught version.

20. octobotimus

octobotimus Plastic Criminal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think a kit turning him into a viable 20" combiner torso would cost more than another onslaught tbh.

• Like Like x 1