MMC OX Assaultus

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Devastator21, Sep 30, 2017.

1. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I’m not gonna lie, I loved the UT set and think it looks better in some areas and worse in some areas. Having the other set I kinda blew this set off but the engineering here is incredible. Glad I decided to switch

• Like Like x 1
  2. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Why didn't you keep him too? That's what I will do!

3. GR1ML0CK

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Cause I needed the money to buy this set:lol .

• Like Like x 3
  4. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

I’m not even gna contemplate jettisoning my UT set until I see FT throw their hat in the ring ... But I’m a bird in the hand kinda guy ...

5. GR1ML0CK

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I got an offer I couldn’t refuse and I’m keeping this set and getting a FT set if and when.

6. SuperGrimlock

SuperGrimlock Cybertron Driver License

Hmmm... going back a few pages and seeing assaultus next to constructor and superitron was enlightening. I didn't realize how much shorter this one was going to be. Kinda looks like he's just constructor's little brother that follows him around everywhere. I'm kinda fine with him being smaller than devastator and maybe superion, but I don't think my head canon will accept him being smaller than menasor. Which this kinda throws off my combiner plan because I'm definitely going toyworld for devastator, zeta for superion, and as of now xtransbots for menasor. So depending on how tall xtb ends up that will be my deciding factor i think.

If they end up roughly the same I'll go with that because I feel that mmc did an amazing job with the alt and robot modes. The combined form so far is great looking. Its great that they did the "all In one" gimmick but in the pictures I've seen he's just losing presence by not being as big as the other combiners. Or at least that's the way I feel. By itself it looks amazing but even standing next to zeta's version, he just looks a bit wimpy even with the add on booties. I know its a hot topic concerning partsforming but I personally feel its kinda needed when you're going for an mp combiner because of the way the show altered and shifted sizes and whatnot. So the figure needs to cheat a bit to match the cheating the animation did. But I don't know how mmc could change this guy to a bigger size without full on add on kit to give him wider longer thighs, bulk up the sides of the chest and widen the shoulders a bit. They'd basically have to find an alternative transformation mode to fit onslaught into a new chest with new waist and thighs like zeta did for silverbolt where he basically just makes the backpack.

I don't know what to really do for bruticus now. Besides wait and see. Fans toys version will probably be a couple of years from now. I can't bring myself to like zeta's version. Unique is OK but doesn't quite hot all the right spots for me. Anyone else doing an mp bruticus?

• Like Like x 2
  7. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Everyone in this thread!

8. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    I don't want to sound like an ass, but what if you bought a mass produce car and the paint was shit and a tear in your seat, would you be happy and keep it or get another or a heavy discount? Never make excuses for some who gets a paycheck for their shitty work.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  9. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shitty comparison because cars are made and inspected to much higher specifications and standards, and they come with warranties to boot.

Toys aren't subject to those rigorous testing standards because they won't frickin' kill someone if they fail.

And this bit specifically?
    Part of the deal here is that there is nobody being paid for the level of work you're suggesting.

There ain't no toy company on the planet that will actually pay the man-hours required to inspect every nook and cranny, sand and polish every surface, and playtest every single toy off the assembly line. Think, how long does it take you to go over your high-end collectible with a fine-tooth comb? An hour? Multiply that by the 1000-2000 items that come off the assembly line for a product like this. Let alone the 10s to 100s of thousands of items that come off the lines for a true mass-retail manufacturer like Hasbro. That's a ridiculous amount of labour time that is better spent actually producing something.

Nope, easier and cheaper just to claim acceptable losses and give the customer a refund or a replacement. Many customers won't even care enough to bother with that process.

The QC process in this level of factory work isn't a fine-inspection job. More than likely, it's just a random sampling job. Do a quick checklist inspection on roughly 1 in 50 products off the line, or whatever. If the samples are of consistent quality, then things are working as they should be. If there are wild and random deviations on a regular basis, then something's gone wrong. That's the extent of the QC process. Doesn't matter if bad samples slip through in the 49 items that aren't sampled. Again, that's what you call "acceptable losses".

In other words, the QC process is more to confirm that the assembly line is working smoothly. It's not to make sure that the finished product is perfect.

• Like Like x 2
  10. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    XTB Menasor is 1cm shorter than Constructor, it'll tower over this. Good news is @ramsesiden has a plan.....

Zeta Onslaught and Bruticus body + adaptors + MMC limbs = 20" Bruticus in the right colours.

Plus side is Zeta Onslaught looks damn good with the MMC limbs when decombined too:

FB_IMG_1588153971988.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  11. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I don’t think the legs will work out too well tho. Aren’t the combiner thighs alone around the width of swindle’s leg mode?

12. GR1ML0CK

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    So the add on set is to make this more toy inspired? I feel like I don’t need or want it but at the same time I’m a completionist haha

13. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah it gives him the silver chest and toy head. Also a bigger rifle and some shoes, which were at the demand so that he could be slightly taller.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ragnar454

Ragnar454 Well-Known Member

Sucks for you to have all your masterpiece figures riddled with spruce marks and scratches because you don’t have a expectation of a quality product for a mass produced figure.

Mine don’t and I didn’t have to make them myself. Regardless of factory conditions and qc policy, these companies can and do make quality products without a bunch of spruce marks, scratches, and painted dirt. To settle for bad products is just making excuses for the company.

I do agree that bad products can slip through and it’s not a big enough deal to be posting it on fb and crying about it. Just return it get a quality one because they can make a quality product without spruce marks and dirt.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Magna Jet Convoy

Magna Jet Convoy Well-Known Member

The add-on kit is a great addition to MMC Assaultus. Cleverly engineered to give an already great figure a toy accurate rendition. The new rifle dwarfs the original.

• Like Like x 3
  16. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That wasn't the point. Complaining online that the poor QC wage slave didn't do their damned job (when you apparently don't even know what their damned job is) isn't productive.

The system has measures in place if you get truly defective product. If you're complaining that your toy isn't built to professional model-builder standards, however, you're never going to get that.

17. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    You seem to like to make excuses for shitty work. These aren't cheap dollar store toys. Have you heard of Hot Toys 1/6 scale figures? Those average $220 and if the paint comes messed up you damn sure I'm returning to retailer and getting new one. Just look at the MP Hound fiasco, shitty qc and people are returning them. Why not go in that thread and tell people to keep their broken figure since it's mass manufactured and stop complaining.

• Like Like x 1
  18. GR1ML0CK

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I haven’t been following but my man isn’t returning the defective add on set? That would be absurd. If my whatever came to me scratched and painted like crap I’d be returning it pronto. As for that set I’ve decided to skip it altogether. G1 toon look for me baby

• Like Like x 2
  19. ILoveLuci4

ILoveLuci4 Well-Known Member

"spruce marks"?
    Like sap?

'I never wanted to be a toy collector....I want to be...a lumberjack!'

• Like Like x 2
  20. GR1ML0CK

News Credits:
    Ebay: