MMC OX Assaultus

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Devastator21, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Lorenzo

Lorenzo Lorenzo

News Credits:
    Vortex has arrived, very happy with him!
    Onslaught, Swindle and the upgrade is on the way hehe IMG_20200325_120627.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  2. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    The TFC one was trash. I mean, they were alright on their one, but the combined mode collapses under its own weight so easily.

Still, I don't have a strong attachment to the Japanese continuity (especially Victory, as it remains the only series I have't watched). I'm sure if they do Liokaiser I'd buy it, but I'd prefer they do the US G1 combiners first. Maybe Abominus.

3. Blazing Mewtwo

Blazing Mewtwo Decepticon Lover

What’s with the weird colors on Mp10?

4. Duke spino

Duke spino Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah, but abominus feel likes a difficult one. Particularly because of the giant feet. They're beasts, so giant purple feet are hard to incorporate. At least superion has white feet. The only reason liokaiser was suggested was because his original toy was already an all in one. All they'd have to do now, is just make an updated toy. I would think mmc would do the easiest ones first. But that's just a personal theory. Would like to hear how'd you have them do abominus:) 

5. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Hades was his 3P name I believe, Yeah an old TFC style combiner... I am so happy that their new combiners are some of the best of the market right now.

6. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    Maybe so, but if MMC is going to release a line of "MP" combiners that's significantly shorter than what big players like Fans Toys, DX9, and XTB are doing then they'd better be prepared to do all of them. While a lot of us are in on this set because none of the other Combaticons match this one for cartoon accuracy the combined mode is too small to look right with anything but more MMC combiners.

Honestly? I'd have them give up the all-in-one gimmick. I mean, I thought ToyWorld's Long Haul coming with pants bigger than he is was a little excessive, and I agree with anyone who says that Zeta's torsos are just lazy. But I never had a problem with partsforming hands and feet, or even a partsforming head or chest plate. I'd rather MMC make the best figures possible that combine into the best gestalt possible than make sacrifices for a gimmick.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    I think they should stick with their gimmick, to me it is what makes this Bruticus the best option for me. Perfect transformations in combiners are not seen quite often tbh.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Duke spino

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I get that, but the gimmick is all in one. Maybe they can put him in reformatted? Still have him eighteen in, but avoid the all in one

9. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

i'd disagree, the all built in gimmick is what makes mmc's offering so appealing, if they didn't i'd probably would've just waited for fanstoys to do bruticus

• Like Like x 2
  10. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Honestly Abominus probably would be the best combiner. He was already one of the best G1 combiners with his articulation, and he’s pretty dang simple you could make him fancy and MP without a sweat. Like probably stabilise the hips to be a different stronger joint, and may conceal the beast arms. But doesn’t seem that difficult.

11. Duke spino

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That's not the hard part likely. It's his feet and fist incorporation. So attempting to incorporate feet and hands into the beasts would be the challange

12. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Sinnertwin has 4 legs and 2 necks that usually "just hang around"-----plenty of mass to make some toes IMHO....

Personally though, I'm all for a "big pile of kibble that makes a base/fortress" for the Terrorcons. Abominus has a HUGE chest-plate, and trying to integrate it would be a nightmare. Bruticus' is fairly big, but thin and flat. Abominus' is very thick, rounded, and 3D. Plus it needs to be Hun-Grr's shield on his left arm, as well. Also, Bruticus' feet pretty much ARE part of his legs, just little toe-stubs sticking out of his shins. Abominus has very separate feet.

All-in-one toon-style combiners? Sure, for the boxy guys with "thin, flat chest-plates" coming out of truck-formers. But that may not be the way for beast-former combiners, who may be better served as Reformatted-style combiners, as a second generation of Feral Rex style....

• Like Like x 5
  13. Bruticus88

Bruticus88 Bruticus devastate Devastator!

With all the combiner compromises from all of the different companies... I am just waiting for some company to come out with solid non-transforming G1 toon accurate combiner figures at 22-24" tall... maybe with a few detachable gimmicks thrown in (different heads/hands/weapons). Somewhat like Flame Toys... with a little more reasonable price.

• Like Like x 1
  14. daddytron

daddytron Made of too much clear plastic

This set has me really looking forward to their Protectabots set. I really love what they’re doing here. I never had a thing about parts forming for the combiner feet/hands/chest plate head, but the pantsforming made popular by Zeta is a huge minus for me, if not a deal breaker. I much more appreciate that this set actually forms that combiner. And the individual figures are aces.

• Like Like x 3
  15. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Huns torso is meant to be fairly thick and I can easily theorize a number of solutions to keeping his torso armor inclusive without downsizing it much at all.

[​IMG]

It already looked too thick on the original toy too, it being compressed a little would suit the design well. They drew it flatter in the animation anyway:

5b56a5e93a28a70404a0f1b01e5ebf48.png

The feet are even easier since Sinnertwin and Cutthroat had chunky legs and the feet on both the og toy and toon designs were slim pieces under the gestalt so not much mass there that needs to hide away.

• Like Like x 4
  16. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    Make it look close to his appearance in call of the primitives please!

17. Blazing Mewtwo

Blazing Mewtwo Decepticon Lover

What’s this piece? AE7411FA-3E37-4A63-B890-68741A5BA29C.jpeg

18. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Like Lazyaza said it doesn’t seem that difficult to get a more than desired result. Even with the hands and feet they surely can’t be that different to what’s going on with Assaultus or whatever is with Maximus Pro.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Duke spino

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I guess so. I wouldn't know though. I'm not a designer:p 

• Like Like x 1
  20. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    That's toon-ifying/simplifying the design though, and toon-Abominus is bland-Abominus. I want my techy cyber-monsters, as sculpted in the original toys, not the "generic monsters" the toon had. (which, as always, is a simplified-to-make-easier-to-animate-on-cheap-budget version of the design, and not "the original intent of the designer") So many neat/unique elements/details of the toy designs get lost when "cheapened for TV".

Feral Rex would look like utter crap if he was toon-accurate, instead of the "trying to make him look awesome and bad-ass" aesthetic they went for. Seriously, we've got enough toon-based combiners from a zillion companies coming---can SOMEONE make some more "as cool as they can be" designs, and not blindly copy some poorly-animated cels? Feral Rex shouldn't the only awesome techy-robo-beast-combiner in my collection, yet he is. (TFC could have made an awesome Abominus, but each revision makes it worse, IMHO, I've already lost hope it'll be any good, with only 1 member actually out...)

• Like Like x 5