MMC OX Assaultus

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Devastator21, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    That is very possible. And I would also be very happy with it. I’ve thought of how it might work and it’d be a very interesting project.
    That’s not a terrible idea. But it’d probably have to do some crazy panel flipping to make it look accurate. And also they’d have to replace the treads that would otherwise be on the torso with fake ones. I suppose they could just be arms stored inside like DX9 Hulkie. If you space the inside right and then made it so he could have proportional arms be stored inside.

Honestly the hardest part probably will be getting that chest right. Since it’s so prominent and it has to be shared across two robots.
    Considering how their Brawl doesn’t it seems unlikely. Plus it probably creates more hindrances as can be seen with the Zeta one.

• Like Like x 3
  2. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Maybe, but it is challenge worthy of Ocular Max's attention. The only thing I liked about Constructor is how scavenger and bonecrusher legs / treads work. Hulky? He does a great job at being a "all build in" combiner at legend scale, maybe OM can get some clues from it.

3. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Potentially. But I’m not sure how much of that extends to making the treads work. Or if it’s even necessary. Since it’s a hard thing to actually make work in terms of just rolling.

4. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    Or maybe at least they could try to make them look like working treads rather than molded ones.

5. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I'd rather have full knee bend range and space for the forearm parts than a tread gimmick that has a 95% failure rate on performance with every toy that attempts the feature.

• Like Like x 9
  6. fury413

fury413 Well-Known Member

Here are some of my own photos.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  7. Blazing Mewtwo

Blazing Mewtwo Decepticon Lover

Thanks

8. RSMasterpiecefan

RSMasterpiecefan Newbie MP Collector

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeesh, that's pretty small. If Fans Toys is actually going to make every character, maybe we should just leave this to them.

• Like Like x 1
  9. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    This x10.

Give me a Reformatted Abominus. Abominus (the toy) has such an awesome theme/design, and so much of it was lost in "being adapted for the show". The alt-modes have an awesome cyber-monster theme sculpted in, but that was lost and they're just "generic monsters" on the show. Hun-Grr has VISORS on his dragon-heads, and that's friggin' awesome. (Plus they're all angular, with rivets and stuff----kinda steam-punk mecha-Godzilla)

• Like Like x 9
  10. Duke spino

Duke spino Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    My problem with the dx9 idea though, is that the arms would be immensely hollow. I mean, you'd be pulling a whole black box out of the arms. The main peice that connects to devestator would be empty. My second worry would be that the arms would be too small, cause they'd still have to be engineered to fit inside 7 inch tall bots. If they could pull it off, I'm sure that'd be awesome.

11. Bruticus88

Bruticus88 Bruticus devastate Devastator!

I think so. But I am a huge Bruticus fan. :p 

Assaultus is the best not-Bruticus 3P combiner on the market right now. UT Raganaros is my #2 pic... with Zeta's Bruticon at #3. Despite the smaller scale compared to Zeta, DX9, and TW... the set more than makes up for it in: overall quality, amazing design, solid combined form (very solid, posable, sturdy engineering), G1 toon accuracy, and the spot on colors. Zeta's offering feels like bad KO-quality in comparison.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    It’s more a concept then simple practice. I agree that you’d need to sort out the hollowness.

Another idea that popped in my mind could be that the arms are stored in the treads. But the treads actually drape around that part and would accordion off when in arm mode. Kinda like Combiner Wars Breakdown but with something else inside. It would be hard to move the treads onto the top and still keep the arm moving but I think it’s a possibility.

• Like Like x 2
  13. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    Lego would like to have a talk with you! :p 

As an engineer (and tank / construction vehicles fan) I would like to see working treads on transformers more often, for the same reason I like clear plastic for the windows and rubber for the tires. I am quite sure nobody would like molded wheels on their transformers if they can have the option for ones that work as wheels. :) 

14. daddytron

daddytron Made of too much clear plastic

Just in case this is useful to anybody:

The instructions say that Onslaught's head takes two AG9/LR45 batteries. I put two LR44 batteries in there (the size that go in MP-36 Megatron's cannon and MP-44 Prime's back) and they fit and work perfectly fine in Onslaught's head. My experience has been that LR44s are much easier to find.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Blazing Mewtwo

Blazing Mewtwo Decepticon Lover

It’d be cool if they did more toy parts for the other bots like what they did for Onslaught’s chest B6C938D7-DAEB-4CB8-81E6-CFFE8EB78F15.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  16. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

perhaps it could be possible BUT it would be insanely difficult to engineer and probably not enjoyable to transform. the treads would need to be able to change between 2 configurations, you would have to split the treads aparts to accomadate for thigh swivel, knee bend, ankle, and to have proper feet. there are tf figures that i think can pull off functioning trends with ease but the constructicons aren't them, functioning trends that morph humanoid legs would be a masterpiece figure on it's own

• Like Like x 3
  17. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    Toyworld managed to do it, maybe another company could improve upon their work. But yeah... My thoughts are maybe just wishful thinking...

18. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Could’ve been. But it’s probably too late to make another add on set. These toys seem to be a mix first and specific pandering on the side. If this set was purely toy styled it’d be great.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Duke spino

Duke spino Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I guess we'll see eventually. With them carving out their own size niche here, they dont have much competition. The 21 inch giants and 18 inch masterpieces arguably dont have the same niche. Honestly, I think liokaiser would be an easy one. The original toy was already an all in one, and would probably sell well since an 18 inch one would be more size accurate than 21 inches.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah I want Liokaiser the most. Such an interesting team and that TFC one was just not up to it for me.

• Like Like x 3