MMC OX Assaultus

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Devastator21, Sep 30, 2017.

1. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    going by the render it looks like the turret might be able to go back further and the guns will be included

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. gaseous clay

gaseous clay Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see pics with the rest of the team. Looking at the original renders, he is supposed taller than the rest of the limb bots, so is he going to be seeker sized?

3. Cold

Cold Well-Known Member

Brawl looks straight up gorgeous, i love him

4. PadForce

PadForce Member

:jawdropper: 

5. LazyAza

LazyAza Ehhhhh

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    sigh... I guess I should have made that text blue huh...

Anyway I don't wanna run around in circles with ya on this I'll be very clear this time:

100% agreement the limb bots are indeed more toony than ox-y.

If we do ruination it is indeed going to demand some compromise on accuracy to his original toy and animation design precisely because of mmc's particular sculpts and engineering being as they are, this is quite true indeed.

Some clever use of material and paint color will be necessary to mitigate some of it to a degree. As I demonstrated in the bash, orange for Fraudo's back plate and things like that.

So yeah the torso will be pretty spot on but the limbs we'll have to fuss around with n see if we can make it work if it ever gets to happen. Similar approach involved for g2, battle gaia as well since they all have their true-to-the-toy elements to refer to while the animation features are unique to g1.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  6. peddlerofwine

peddlerofwine Starscream's Robot Gun

Looking good! Brawl looks like he’s ready to go in my collection.

• Like Like x 1
  7. bearsuit

bearsuit Well-Known Member

Ebay:
  8. qemuel

qemuel It's a trick. Get an axe.

Love it! This is set has turned out great.

• Like Like x 1
  9. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Oh $#!* what are we gonna do now?

This is definitely going into my collection. Going to be an expensive early 2020 getting this team :rolleyes: 

10. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

a few notes/rambling thoughts:

1. i'm ready to proclaim. BEST BRAWL EVER - wipes the floor with the competition and i thought UT's was actually pretty decent. yeah the treads look just so so...they are a bit too dark and the molding is shallow - overall that is brawl ...spot on. also, i REALLY hope we are getting the twin guns behind the turret. (**edite he does**) to me thats waht makes brawl's alt mode distinct.
    2. IS incursus really due in december (if so i want to combine him in a PO wither another figure due in "december")?
    3. These figures all seem nice (only have impetus so far in this set) but in traditional MMC form -it makes me wonder -are these REALLY $100 figures(the limb bots)? granted i've paid more for less in the collecting world, but only incursus himself seems to be a good "value" (even though he and fraudo seem to be the weakest links in this set). putting them together...its $560-615.. Thats SOC golion + SOC dairugger money if you got ino the preorders! lol. am i a bad consumer for taking the plunge even though i know there is better value for money out (that i've yet to acquire) there in this hobby? lol.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Rasbot

Rasbot Well-Known Member

I may be remembering wrong but I believe I paid 100 per bot for tfc Hercules. The engineering, parts count, detail and paint has improved enormously since then. I'm sure they could be cheaper if they were mass produced. I feel like I get my money's worth though.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Chainlink

Chainlink Glasses Girl

Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Good lord, Brawl looks amazing.
    I haven't really been keeping tabs on this set, but seeing it fully combined, I'm tempted to dive in. It looks really good.

• Like Like x 1
  13. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

Looks great, but the color is not to me. Its so pale. I'm hoping it's the lighting. I'm still super excited though.

14. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

Here are some screenshots supporting what I was saying about Brawl being too light/pale and how the cartoon model sheet doesn't match his usual appearance in the cartoon. In this case I feel like the toon Zeta version is closer to the toon colors, but a darker version of MMCs with a tad more brown would be perfect.
    g1 brawl.jpg brawl_2_1277038549.jpg brawl-transformers-65.6-2.jpg Starscreams_brigade_5_letsgo.jpg starscreamsbrigade_starscream_brawl.jpg Screen Shot 2019-11-27 at 7.55.52 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-11-27 at 7.56.54 AM.png

The color in the renders is actually much closer IMO:
    Screenshot_2019-11-26 Mastermind Creations.png

@David Hingtgen you're 3 for 3 on helping this set out with colors, what do you think?

• Like Like x 4
  15. Rogerimus

Rogerimus Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I'm really looking forward to completing this set. I've never been a big fan of combiners so far mainly due to the over use of (extra) parts forming (don't mind moving parts though). So this "all build in" combiner is for me with it's great engineering.

Unfortunately I broke one of the tail rotators ... so fragile. I hope I can get some parts.
    For those complaining about MMC's Incursus, I understand the problem with the ratio upper body/legs but the figure looks better IMO if you use the ab crunch no ?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bruticus88

Bruticus88 Bruticus devastate Devastator! TFW2005 Supporter

This set is looking better and better. Brawl looks fantastic! Sure I could do with a slightly darker, toon accurate color... but I can definitely live with this test-shot color too.

Can we please get some rear-mounted G1 toon cannons to mount on the back side of the tank... and seen on the above pics. Especially since the turret is moved far enough forward in tank mode... looks to be plenty of space behind the turret to fit them. Please!

Looking more and more like I needs 2 sets of these guys.

17. Bruticus88

Bruticus88 Bruticus devastate Devastator! TFW2005 Supporter

He has a really, really long torso. Almost too long. I'm sure this engineering/design choice was made to accommodate the all-in-one idea for the Assaultus combiner. Maybe if they made his thighs in Onslaught bot mode pull/slide out more/longer... that could counter-balance his long torso. As is, Onsluaght's proportions do look off in bot mode... not horrible... but not exactly G1 toon excellence either.

18. BB03

BB03 Fellow Stunticon

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Brawl looks fantastic! Is he still coming with those two other weapons for his alt mode though? 20191127_112958.png

19. BuddaMonk

BuddaMonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Whooaa, Brawl got ab crunch? Fantastic. Too bad Swindle didn't get one. Also a shame that gestalt mode looks too supreme and it'll end up displayed like that in my display.

20. LazyAza

LazyAza Ehhhhh

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    This was already noted by me the other week (prior to brawls test shot being shown publicly) and his main color is already in the process of being updated. I think I may have already said this, I honestly forget. :lol  But yes the current test is too light, this will be fixed.

• Like Like x 6