MMC OX Assaultus

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Devastator21, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Yep I'm gonna buy that upgrade kit just for the feet aren't I xD

Those newest pics look amazing

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dek

Dek Y R U Reading This?

So a May release for Brawl, huh? Not ideal, but I can live with that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    i think it looks so much better with the add on :)  would like to see megatron next to this as well or mp starscream to see how much of a difference it makes in height which i know is not going to be much but would be good to see

4. Jonk

Jonk Active Member

It looks like the turret section can move upwards in this picture. In the picture without the add on it was covering the ankle which made it look a bit stubby, but this looks like it'll really help with the proportion even without the add on kit.

It's great that MMC folk are involved with this thread and giving updates like this, much appreciated!

• Like Like x 1
  5. MegaDolrailer

MegaDolrailer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah. What I'm saying is they're not Studio OX accurate, despite MMC billing them as such, and I am right on both those aspects. I didn't even say there's anything wrong with hybrids, but this was originally billed as a Studio OX MP line, not a hybrid line like you said. Griffith himself said so.
    chrome_Q0TC4dhKA6.png chrome_x6fLEIXaY3.png
    Even the name of the line Ocular Max kinda makes you think of OX, and yet not a single one of their toys is just based on the OX designs other than Onslaught. Their Insecticons are as toon-like as you can get, and they dont have the same head designs or skinny proportions as their OX counterparts. Same goes for Ocular Max Springer, obviously cartoon design instead of his more toy-inspired OX design. Most of the OX TFs have never gotten toys, it seemed like this line would use these designs but obviously they had a change of plans or something.
    WLXPhotoGallery_IXl9HwPpnR.png WLXPhotoGallery_fvyXYG4RDu.png
    Onslaught gets the look right, and the upgrade kit even has the unique Studio OX Bruticus gun, but all the limbs are obviously based on the cartoon first and foremost. What you're telling me is that they are based on OX style, but in insignificant or subtle ways. No one's gonna look at Swindle's proportions, Blast Off and Vortex's alt modes and say 'That's from the OX design', I just see cartoon Swindle, and Blast Off and Vortex with more realistic alt modes. MP Sideswipe has a cartoon robot design and a realistic vehicle mode, but I'm not gonna look at his alt mode and say it's OX based. They're missing the unique OX aspects like Blast Off with gun instead of hands, or Vortex with a mouth, or Kickback with two eyes, you can't deny that, and if Ocular Max Brawl looks like the renders they showed earlier, he'll have his cartoon chest and not the OX/toy tank chest, and I'm gonna bet he'll have his red mouthplate from the cartoon as well. You can say they're hybrid designs, but you can't deny the priority of these is to make cartoon accurate robots first. Blast Off literally comes with a separate head based on an animation error, and Bruticus comes with an animation error head by default with that visor.

I think all these toys look fantastic, but it's not what Griffith promised so as an OX fan like he is I'm disappointed

I mean I'd say Onslaught looks like the Ox design but otherwise I'm not seeing much influence imo, and I'm a really big fan of the Ox designs.
    Shame tbh, I like cartoon style too but variety would be nice.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  6. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    No regrets going in on this, even if it wasn't to height of my other MP combiners. My only issue now is, did I make a mistake not buying two????

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rasbot

Rasbot Well-Known Member

That's gorgeous. Put me down for every combiner mmc makes.

• Like Like x 3
  8. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    Thanks, was just gonna ask if the only head is the one with the bubble goggles on, but looks like there are two gestalt heads right? Or does one come with the toy version?

9. Dek

Dek Y R U Reading This?

There is no toy version anymore. The second head will come with the add-on kit. The add-on kit will help to create the toy version.

• Like Like x 2
  10. rjp3

rjp3 Well-Known Member

Any chance of getting paint matched slippers/boxes?

11. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

hmm, i dunno. arguably zeta's superion and aerialbots in general are way more ox based than sunbow. they seem to have sold like gangbusters..so much so they are doing another release in alternate colors. studio ox is a mixed bag for me. i like some of their stuff but not all of it, so i do like mmc's ox influenced line but maybe because its influenced by it but not slavish to it.

12. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    No Brawl Bot mode yet, right?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ghilz

Ghilz Derpticon

Definitely not gonna give him the feet from the add on kit (unless the tiny feet give him trouble standing). They look like he's wearing flip flops and them being SHINNING SILVER draws the eye to it. I will however give my cartoon Bruticus the toy head. Much nicer.

14. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Nope, perhaps they are shipping one to Paik, and we'll get another Livestream.

• Like Like x 1
  15. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It bothers me that for all we've seen of these guys, I don't think we've ever seen the chest fins properly popped out, outside of the renders.

16. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

"Hey look MA - an adequately sized combiner with little to no parts forming!" - :D 

• Like Like x 4
  17. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Zeta had to change direction midway when they were releasing the aerialbots and give them toon heads...I think it's safe to assume that there is more general interest for Sunbow designs rather than Ox.

18. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Reminds me of G1 Snapdragon--I don't know if I've ever found more than one pic ever, online, of the t-rex-mode head properly transformed, with the purple crest/plate flipped up to cover up the robot-mode face. (and I suspect that because of that, that's why KFC's has so a blatantly obvious robot-face in that mode--because they don't seem to have owned an original, or at least, never transformed it properly, to realize that there IS another piece there, whose purpose is to be flipped up, to cover the robot mode eyes/face)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Do you mean to the feet of Brawl and Swindle? If so the chances are none.

20. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Also, the wonky wheel base on a number of car-mode Sixshots.

• Like Like x 1