MMC OX Assaultus

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Devastator21, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Digger

Digger Sharing peace, love and MP Cliff ≠ retool

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Well I can’t tell yet, but I think I’m gonna like Fraudo slightly more. The playability he has and chonk value is so appealing to me.

2. PkP Edge PkP

PkP Edge PkP Well-Known Member

Did Fraudo have different packing some places than others? I see pictures of his box with a clear piece showing him in alt mode but others in a solid box and he comes in robot mode. Mine came in bot mode in a solid box with no window.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MaxPower

MaxPower Well-Known Member

Yes. If you buy from Asian markets or like me, Ebay, MMC stuff comes in robot mode.

I messed with my Swindle/Frodo last night and damn. That transformation is a pain in the ass. The instructions miss steps and make you go all over the place. There are these little tabs that lock the legs and allows them to extend or compress. Make sure you see them. They are NOT in the instructions.

Other than that I do like how he looks in robot mode. Jeep mode is okay. I do like the color.

4. LazyAza

LazyAza Ehhhhh

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Of all the things to be omitted those are by far the most egregious given they are mandatory for locking and unlocking a major feature of how the legs work at all.

And with youtube having profited off of illegal child marketing resulting in government crackdown on media potentially viewed by children on the worlds biggest video platform pretty much killing toy reviews come January 1st the future of 3p toys being able to be transformed correctly is bleak until another video service manages to replace youtube in some capacity but mannnnnn are all the alternatives really really shit right now.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  5. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not to get too far off topic but I wonder if 3P reviewers can't just mark their videos as Not For Kids and continue forward as normal? That should theoretically exclude them from legal risk since they are explicitly saying their videos are not for kids.

6. octobotimus

octobotimus Plastic Criminal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They unfortunately can't, it's a toy, no matter how expensive, it looks the same as a kids toy to the FTC, and if you (in their eyes) falsely label it as "not for kids" you can be fined up to $40,000 per video. Some people foolishly think "but the video itself isn't meant for kids, and I'll just swear a bunch now" but the issue is if it looks like something that will attract kids, the FTC deems it kid-friendly.

• Like Like x 2
  7. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Sooooooo----instructions that don't suck isn't an option?? Or is that so far outside the realm of possibility that discussing YouTube alternatives is the only discussion worth having?

• Like Like x 3
  8. peddlerofwine

peddlerofwine Starscream's Robot Gun

Mastermind Creations

Paik4Life does the instruction videos for a lot of the MMC stuff, and it's not inappropriate. If we subscribe to the channel we should be able to find this one easy, right? I don't see why these videos would be banned.

9. Duke spino

Duke spino Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Because it might appeal to kids:p 
    In all seriousness, I do see that as being a possibility. I have younger relatives, ten and younger, and this stuff actually appeals to them. They find this stuff cool, and demonstrate an interest in it. So yeah, it ain't impossible for them to say this does not appeal to kids.

• Like Like x 1
  10. LazyAza

LazyAza Ehhhhh

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Ah this is true, mmc's vids don't need ad money so they can set em all to kid friendly and they should be fine.

Its mostly the review scene specifically that'll have a hard transition time with all of it. Getting use to new rules and not being able to have comments and stat tracking active and kissing a big BIG chunk of ad money goodbye.

But Davids right anyway it is pretty dumb mmc can't just, make better instructions like its not hard it just requires less than bare minimum effort. :lol 

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Duke spino

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Whoops, sorry, might've misread that if lazyaza has a point. Sorry.

12. Digger

Digger Sharing peace, love and MP Cliff ≠ retool

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I mean yeah that’d be nice wouldn’t it? The video method is nice since you see the actual motions working in real time. But yeah some better instructions could be made. Pictorial perhaps? Some clear and well lit photos.

• Like Like x 1
  13. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Well, I mean, MMC can still throw instructions up even if it's labelled as for kids. They just can't show up in recommendations or have comments left on them, or have much in terms of monetization. Which is still BS, but they ARE instructions.

• Like Like x 1
  14. toretilo

toretilo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree with you and understand what this set is bravely trying to accomplish while having their own aesthetic, that doesn't fit other mps perfectly (especially the old ones).

But regarding to Brawl, I expect it to look better than Swindle, a bit more realistic and less toy that can transform.
    Looking at the renders, Swindle looked a bit better and the undercarriage was less obvious, but you could already see some awkward details and hinges in the side of the car or the seats. However, when I look at Brawl renders, I feel that all the details are tank details (not knowing much about real tanks may help), and even if it ends looking more toyish because of the finish, it may look better than Swindle.

I'm mixing combaticons from different branches and I think this could be my Brawl (and only MMC combaticon), so I can't wait for having proto pics.

mmc brawl.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    They SHOULD mark is as for kids, so that there is no chance of being sued, as they do audits and if they feel something is for kids, no matter what the creator says, fine of up to 24k per video. Every video creator is afraid of being sued if the auditors find the content for kid, even if it doesn’t make sense.

@LazyAza I don’t think this would be a problem if the maker of the video doesn’t need to make money on the video view-age (ie extra revenue from YouTube itself), ie if mmc pays the person making the video instruction enough, which they might already be doing. All they got to do is put the link on mmc and psx webpage / facebook for their videos, as the video won’t get bumped or noticed much without advertisements anymore and not be able to have comments on it, that’s all. But yea, for actual reviews, it’s all gonna go I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Simon Ng

Simon Ng Active Member

What is this hole for?

A8C7D7D1-29D9-40CC-AAC9-E9E0BF545CBF.jpeg

17. Duke spino

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    • Like Like x 1
  18. firedemon3

firedemon3 Well-Known Member

It's a scanner(@David Hingtgen can correct me) that the real life version uses. The combiner joint is in Impetus' chest.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Duke spino

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Woops! Yeah sorry. Messed up here. Dont actually have this. I just enjoy living vicariously through other people

20. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow that jeep mode really looks nasty from the side. Someone mentioned all that junk in the undercarriage, but I didn't think it would be that bad.