MMC OX Assaultus

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Devastator21, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The other side doesn't have a peg so my guess is factory worker X got a little pissed on that side that day.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Well we have the coloured renders of their Brawl. But what do you men sacrificed?

3. Craigmcgowan1984

Craigmcgowan1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    When did we get renders of brawl?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Ages back. All of them had little videos you could download.

5. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    • Like Like x 6
  6. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Really loving Fraudo. I wasn’t sure I’d like him more than UT’s Swindle but I kinda do. Super solid overall. The transformation is brilliant and fun. Kubalsky did the transformation design on these, right?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dek

Dek Y R U Reading This?

Yep. If if it's Occular Max it's Kubalsky.

Kind of cool that MMC has dedicated a whole line to one man's designs. Kubalsky's the reason why I want to see the Proctectobot's designs so much, just to see what crazy awesome engineering Kubalsky came up with for them.

I don't even like the Combaticons but I'm all in on this set just for Kubalsky's designs and engineering. Their oragami like brilliance fascinates me. His Springer is a work of genius and these seem to be just as elegant in design.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    So cool we have one if the greatest transformers designers of all time making 3P toys for us. He did a lot of my favorites in the Classics line.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Huh, interesting. Pretty cool how that kinda unifies the whole line.

I’m also super interested on the Protectobots. I’ve never had much of an appreciation but with what this set has done I’m very interested.

10. Goregrinder

Goregrinder Well-Known Member

my only complaint with fraudo is you can't put the cannon on the front of his shoulder. on the underside of the cannon are two little L shaped tab things, and if those were a little closer together they could kind of clamp on to the square on the front of his shoulder and mount it that way. it is a pretty minor complaint, however.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Yo shit he’s here!
    785314C5-A58D-48ED-8010-25CF1E6C2CF3.jpeg
    I’m so surprised by how big he is. Maybe everyone just has big hands but he looked so small to me. Happy to know that is far from the truth.
    A17B7DFA-1ABD-4C25-8A2C-E1E86B9FCA7F.jpeg
    I’m gonna try copter mode and that gun storage tomorrow. But I really like what’s going on. The only problem I have is that the clearances are a bit poorly thought. The legs and backpack really could’ve used a clear movement philosophy to perfectly work.
    02855505-8C14-44C5-B5E1-6008FD1E53D2.jpeg
    But he’s a really characterful and charming piece. The head range is gorgeous and ab crunch is very useful. I’ve never tried this pose but I just thought of it and I’m so glad it works.
    BC125646-75CA-4CC0-AC1E-065378633823.jpeg
    But yeah, I love him and I hope to buy Fraudo soon.
    Gottem
    07536ED0-BD0B-4DB0-9CFB-DB4D637BD093.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
  12. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Am I using the wrong English words? By Individual finger articulation I mean every finger has full articulation, same that their own onslaught will have, and same as the similar sized FT Spoiler has.

If you don’t care about pointing finger, or doing the dr evil finger, or doing the peace sign or middle finger sign, or having 4 back fingers rest all a bit at an angle from each other for a more natural pose, well, good for you, but in my case, I use these when given the opportunity, and try not to use their weps in their hands to instead give another type of unique impression on my shelf.

and seeing how FT is doing it on their combiner limbs, I thought maybe mmc can do it too in their next combiner.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Oh no I totally agree. Heck now that I have him it’s kinda weird and I’m not that into it. But potentially it may be because of scale. Since I think the FT cars are much larger.

If they upgrade their hands on the Protectobots or another set I’d be very pleased.

14. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    i am anxious to see their brawl, looks like maybe the best out of the 5 in proportions, and in both modes. Hope he has a decent articulation on the shoulders and elbows too.

Up to now, my favourites in looks are brawl and vortex

• Like Like x 1
  15. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

Mmc own mmc seraphicus prominon has individual finger articulation. Size of ft spoiler in bot mode is similar, though yes, a head taller, so not sure if that is enough to draw the line for the less articulation...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Maybe it’s just hard for them to design and perfect tolerances. I guess if you really wanted you could also modify with other pose able hands. But I’m sure we’d all prefer it like that in the first place. But anyway, it’s kinda unfortunate but I don’t exactly have a clear answer.

17. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Apples and oranges. Feature A being present on toy Y doesn't mean its automatically viable for toy X.

A common misconception among many TF collectors, toy design isn't often so simple. Hands can be kept simpler simply to retain their longevity, reduce risk of breakage and avoid clearance issues with loose small parts potentially getting caught on things/folded wrong etc. All very valid excuses for saying nah to full finger articulation.

Seraph also a unique exception, he got way way more budget for a design of his size than designs like that normally would. Special treatment for a special character n all.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    And we still don’t have a full proper black repaint though I do love Demonicus.

19. Dek

Dek Y R U Reading This?

You never will. That toy is the only MMC product I will say is straight trash. I have Jagertron and I don't find him to be anywhere as bad as Seraphicus, and I think ole Jag's was considered MMC's biggest black eye. But I guess that's what happens when a toy is stuck in development Hell, it ends up as the plastic equivalent of Duke Nukem Forever.

20. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    A common misconception, as the hands with the worst joint tolerance longevity and risk of breakage seem to be the ones with the individually-openable but frozen fingers, rather than the fully articulated fingers. Fully-articulated fingers (on bots of appropriate size for them, naturally) require more thoughtful engineering and joint creation, where the frozen finger ones are often just a cheap slider joint at the base of each digit that isn't large enough to have much friction surface and even things like ambient temperature variation can be enough to leave them a loose mess instead of holding a "pose" (if one can call the limited articulation of frozen fingers a "pose"). This design also puts them at risk of getting caught on things during transformation, like when pulling the fist out or pushing it back into its enclosure in the forearm during transformation, or breaking during posing if the joints aren't designed to safely pop off before breakage would occur.

On a bot that's MP-10 size or larger, I'll take fully articulated hands done well over cost-savings any day, in part because the hands are first (or perhaps second only to the face) in importance for character expression. If you want a character to look and feel dynamic and emotive in a display, it's the head/face and hands that drive the majority of that ability. But if one's world is primarily CHUG-focused or one is not well versed in masterpiece grade products, it's understandable that one might not grasp that.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 1