MMC Optus Pexus (autocracy/idw cybertronian prime)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by The13Primes, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Megatronus27

Megatronus27 Well-Known Member

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

...shut the front door!

2. Chainlink

Chainlink No real than you are

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    How about... A new Megatron.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dek

Dek Y R U Reading This?

Or...and hear me out...an Ultra Magnus, with Minimus Ambus inside.

• Like Like x 2
  4. halfaway

halfaway Did you think you were cool?

I'm avoiding all videos for this guy
    I want to experience this guy fresh and in hand
    would be the first time I bought a 3rd party figure without watching every video on you tube on it

this figure is something special

• Like Like x 1
  5. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
    MMC has done Cyclonus and Whirl.

Sure they can revisit those characters, but I think a brand new character will be an easy sell.

6. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    PLEASE, oh man that’d be awesome. That’s one of my favorite accessories of Flame Toys Optimus and I wish more Optimus figures came with one

I like all of these ideas

Okay, but hear me out:

Nova Prime repaint

Huh? Huh? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ;)  Comeonnn, you know it’d look cool. And 7 people upvoted my comment about it, so clearly there’s interest!

Okay but for real, that’d be a pretty dope repaint and I hope y’all consider it at least. Nova Prime doesn’t get enough love in the fandom.

I agree with you, but I wouldn’t hold your breath. Idk why no other 3P has tackled MTMTE Megatron yet, regardless of CHUG or MP scale. You’d think it’d spark a whole new Megatron war

• Like Like x 4
  7. Bumblemus Prime

Bumblemus Prime Cracked in the head

Why was there never a recolor of Boreas in comic-accurate colors? And a recolored TUrben with alternate hands? Seems like it would sell hard.

8. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    IDW Erector for the win!!!!

9. Chainlink

Chainlink No real than you are

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    IDW, original design, I don't care lol. I just want a good CHUG Megatron. I have Rioter Despotron, and he's pretty good, but not my ideal. I'm happy with him, but I'm definitely looking for something better. I'd love it if MMC made a Megatron with the same level of engineering as Pexus.

10. DanC

DanC Delightful person

News Credits:
    I would love an MTMTE-accurate Whirl as much as the next guy, but if I was a toy designer, I could see not wanting to go near a design that balances most of the weight of an alt mode on those spindly legs.

522px-Mtmte-before-and-after-whirl-weaponup.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  11. Matrix1981

Matrix1981 It's Hot Rod's fault...

That would be very nice. Tyranatron is good and all but he lacks some basic(for 2020) articulation.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    Yes to this. Of all the IDW characters, those are the two that MMC arguably nailed the least. They deserve the prestige treatment. Their Megatron doesn't have the greatest articulation, but 1) that iteration of Megs is damn near crippled anyway, and 2) it absolutely is IDW Megatron, unquestionably, much the same as their DJD figures absolutely are who they are supposed to be. Whirl and Cyclonus, though...

You know... I get that their Overlord is already one of the greatest Transforming toys ever made and all, but Overlord's transformation is SUPER simple and his IDW look is very G1-esque, close enough that they could easily include G1 style accessories to customize it to your display. So... you know... why not?

Oh, I also just realized that Fort Max will probably be part of this subline, since they mentioned that they got some of the engineering tricks in Optus Pexus from the Max design.

MMC is coming dangerously close to bridging the gap between MP and Flame Toys level figures. And I, for one, am here for it.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Dudaisamazing

Dudaisamazing Well-Known Member

Me too, I have one of my saving accounts titled Mmc. Just for this future.

• Like Like x 2
  14. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster Under Maintenance [-0%-]

News Credits:
    I'm preaching from to and fro for this as well. Hell, give him multiple faceplates if possible (Because would I be me if I didn't preach for that? :D )

Cyclonus and Whirl 2.0 would get all my money, haha.

Seconded. Love my Tyrantron but I also feel he's in need for a more modern update in terms of engineering.

• Like Like x 1
  15. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    I expect Planet X to deliver a tank based Megatron.

• Like Like x 2
  16. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

News Credits:
    I WAS LITERALLY JUST ABOUT TO SAY THAT :lol 

This is legit Planet X's time to shine, as much as I fucking adore MMC. They have the chance to fill in those blanks.

• Like Like x 1
  17. bakerjin

bakerjin Well-Known Member

I'm confused what scale Planet X's IDW line is though. I'm aware that their FoC line are Voyager CHUG scale, much like MMC Reformatted figures. However, their 3 IDW figures (Ismenios, Kadmos, Cacus) are all pretty large. Honestly, their Ismenios and Kadmos scale decently with both MP scale (GT OPEX, GT Tyrant) and Voyager CHUG (Reformatted), but Cacus is definitely more MP scale. As much as I'd love for PX to tackle IDW Megatron, I'm curious where he'd fall in line.

18. theosteve

theosteve Well-Known Member

agreed. I like the MtMtE/LL design, but I think it would be incredibly difficult to pull off, at least if you want it to stand unaided. That is a major reason why I’m content with the Turben Whirl (the other being that I think Turban looks cool in his own right).

but I understand that people want media accurate figures, so I’m certainly not going to discourage MMC from trying if they want. I certainly would like a more MtMtE Cyclonus, as I love his samurai look.

19. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

News Credits:
    PX's and GCreations' (mentioning them since while their IDW stuff is half-dormant half-continuing at this point, they're still an active 3P) IDW stuff are MP-scale. Using MMC's stuff (which is CHUG) as the only comparison. I personally have a feeling someone like MTMTE Megatron would HIGHLY benefit from the scale change, as Tyrantron himself is definitely undersized.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'd just love for the both of them to just help fill in the blanks as well. MMC is kinda on their own path with primarily Phase 2 MTMTE stuff, while GCreations primarily focuses on Phase 1 stuff, and Planet X I imagine flip-flopping between both phases, like we've seen with them first going with Deathsaurus and Star Saber (Phase 2 characters) and then going back to Grimlock (being based on his appearance in Maximum Dinobots, a Phase 1 story).

20. QuintusTheExaltedOne

QuintusTheExaltedOne Creator of the Quintessons and ex-Prime

News Credits:
    PX Grimlock might be mp scale but the other idw figures weren't. Deathsaurus and Star Saber were in line with MMC scale, both those characters are large, but not massive, and those figures are far too small for masterpiece scale

• Like Like x 3