MMC Ocular Max Saltus (MP Springer)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by o1dpain1ess, Oct 22, 2016.

1. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maaannnn he gives the (objective) crown to Saltus over Apache and people STILL hate on him?! Dude can't win :D 

I personally didn't like Apache enough to keep him (so friggin' tired of F/T's under-cooked engineering), but I can totally understand why he'd check a box if all you're gonna do is pose him and plop him on a shelf.

• Like Like x 12
  2. o1dpain1ess

o1dpain1ess Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I thought it was a pretty fair comparison as well, and ultimately the reasons he outlined are why I prefer MMC. I guess the question for me now, do I sell off FT or have a misfit shelf lol

• Like Like x 6
  3. motorthing

motorthing Carry on you Wayward Son

News Credits:
    I'm keeping Apache because 1. It still looks pretty good. 2. I am WAAAAY too lazy to get it down off a shelf, transform it back into the box and sell it. Life's too short for that.

But I do prefer Saltus, he has the quality but is just more fun all round and better poseability always goes a long way with me.

• Like Like x 3
  4. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So what's the general consensus about the quality of Saltus or is it still not out yet?

5. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ultimately, it's not about ticking checkboxes. Because we are such visual creatures, a figure might have superior engineering, paint, etc, but if it has a horrible face and/or bad paint, those would not matter. In other words, some checkboxes are worth more than others.

I really want to like this, but I just can't get over the torso. I've looked at it again and again trying to convince myself, but nah, I just can't pull the trigger. FT Apache is far from perfect, but I like the bot mode and helicopter mode better and those are the two things that count for me.

Ok, XTB, let's see what you got so that we can close the chapter on The Springer Wars.

6. waffel

waffel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    about 50% of the reason I pick up any triple changer is the engineering, so I think I'll need to get saltus eventually

7. theosteve

theosteve Well-Known Member

Whoa there. That kind of even-handedness, rationality, and decency has no place on the internet and will not be tolerated.

;) 

• Like Like x 8
  8. Tazman66gt

Tazman66gt Well-Known Member

could always start a Wreckers shelf...

9. Darkhawk85

Darkhawk85 Active Member

One of the philosophies I've embraced is that if you like it, you win. I personally am getting Saltus over Apache because I like how it looks, and from all the videos I like the engineering of it because I am the type of guy who will take a transformer off a shelf and change it around and try to make a cool pose.

10. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Well-Known Member

I've looked at this a lot and already own Apache. Honestly, if I didn't already own a Springer I'd probably pick up Saltus over Apache but at this point it's not worth the trouble for me to switch it out.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

I’m in the same boat, although the two are just about even for me.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Digger

Digger Spreading peace, love and reasonable explanations

Twitter:
    And like we could just hate things forever. But we might as well just enjoy what we do actually like.

13. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He did a good job. I don't understand why BSF gets so much flak. Ultimately, it comes down to personal subjectivity in terms of choice because both are good options. I will disagree with respect to Bobby Skullface in the fact that MMC Saltus is also equally a great display piece to Apache.

The lower torso/abs area is accurate to the G1 model. Springer did not have a gut, but he does look like he's wearing a vest or armor over his torso, similar to a bullet-proof vest (only not). I kind of like that. It gives him that burly linebacker look. I also prefer his proportions and heigh on the MMC. Colors look better and he looks more like a transforming robot than FT Apache. My only issue are his fingers where I prefer FT's, but it's not a deal breaker.

I think Apache is a good release. I've actually warmed up to mine after watching the video. I still hate transforming him as it is the biggest problem with it. It's made more complicated than it has to be, and MMC proved that hands down. I'm not sure where I'm going to put FT Apache, but I guess he's worth keeping around.

As for XTB, I doubt he's ever going to see a release at this point. Chalk him up in the same category as XTB Locke and FT Blitzwing & Trailbreaker. Lost forever in limbo.

Same here. Simply an all around more enjoyable figure that is both great to display and handle.

• Like Like x 3
  14. TFDAD

TFDAD Well-Known Member

Yeah, I thought this review was more than fair. In the end he chose what works best for his collection. I'm pretty sure this is what ALL of us do.

I currently have Apache, but I'm strongly debating on buying Saltus and getting rid of FT's. Apache looks fantastic, but I'm also tired of FT's engineering lately. Saltus seems to be the perfect marriage of aesthetics and playability. If I do bite, it will be my forth MP Springer as I previously had Allen and Big Spring. Other than the too vibrant colors and face, Allen is still may favorite to this day. Loved that chunky bastard and kind of wish I still had it. Maybe Saltus can surpass it.

• Like Like x 2
  15. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Springer... my friend..."
    20190519_121500.jpg
    20190519_121147.jpg
    doesn't tab into anything but once closed the tires hold the matrix in place 20190519_122048.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  16. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    20190518_160439.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  17. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

• Like Like x 2
  18. Fortynickel

Fortynickel Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t sweat it. Clearly, there is no pleasing some people. On top of that there are some who take their opinion as fact and can’t get over that others may have different preferences.

19. VelsR

VelsR Ancient of War

News Credits:

• Like Like x 4
  20. waffel

waffel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can anyone let me know which parts are die cast?