MMC Ocular Max PS-04 Azalea (Arcee)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by GR1ML0CK, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Personally I would think it would depend on why it broke. If I'm using it exactly as it was designed to be used and a part snaps off, I would consider that defective. If I'm mishandling it and it breaks, that's on me. He did say he was happy to pay for the replacement though.

2. DashCourageous

DashCourageous Greetings Programs!

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Happy buyer, repeat customer.

Are you familiar with retail? *No sarcasm*

3. Dangard Ace

Dangard Ace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Isn't Red Leader kapowtoys?

4. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    The wheels are a bit tricky but you don't really have to force them - you just have to get the angle right and then the tyres will move past the outside fairly easily, slotting the wheels into the thighs. If you're forcing them, you're probably doing it wrong.

Those small tabs on the arms do seem a little fragile but they don't require any force so they should be fine.
    I'd consider this a design flaw, as that elbow joint is very, very thin in order to accomodate the articulation. There have been a lot of comments lately about how people should suck it up if something breaks due to a design flaw. That's not fair when the consumer isn't at fault - these products should be able to endure basic play without snapping like a twig.
    Besides that, if she's willing to pay for a part, I think it's fair for the retailer to be accomodating regardless, since they will be compensated.
    Good, helpful customer service goes a long way, even if the customer has to pay a small fee for whatever reason.
    Simply turning a customer away because they have an issue of some kind is a bit rude and less likely to get them buying at your store again.
    And keep in mind, she could have claimed it was broken out of the box, taken a different photo than the ones he posted on TFW, and you'd never have known. Then you'd spend time sourcing a replacement part for her, assumedly for free.
    I find it truly ironic that honesty is the worst policy most of the time.
    I believe so, yes.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Huh. So, note to self: don't buy from kapow.

• Like Like x 5
  6. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    More importantly, I was thinking Ruizu was Digger (honestly can't remember why), so I called Ruizu a guy. :lol 
    Whoops.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But her old signature specifically said, "I'm a girl, not a boy," which I always thought was amusing somehow.

8. MOTOGPFAN46

MOTOGPFAN46 Well-Known Member

The more videos I watch from Bobby the more I feel like he is the “Rush Limbaugh” for the Fanstoys Fandom.Lol.
    Don’t get me wrong,I don’t want to get into Politics,just an analogy, but his sensitivities and leaning for a particular brand shows. That’s what he likes,what he wants and that’s ok. We should respect that too.
    I don’t think he should be the taken as the “go to” reviewer for every figure,but as another “fan” or “entertainer”,in my opinion.
    He points some valid issues with Azalea though.
    Imho Azalea kills Rouge,and I do own both.
    I still watch his videos for the entertainment though,but that’s it.

• Like Like x 3
  9. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Having seen some follow-up ideas etc, I'm thinking:

If Animated Dragstrip is done as a repaint, it should come with the same mold-options as the first-release (stealth) variant----crazy-face, and the pointed/heeled feet.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Someone commented on one if his videos that maybe transforming robots just aren’t his thing anymore. That he’s more interested in statues. I think that’s a fair assessment.

• Like Like x 11
  11. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I watch him 'cuz he really tears into figures. If I can come out of one of his reviews still interested in the figure, then it's probably one I'm really going to like because he's just mean to them. The one thing about him that really bothers me, though, is he's obsessed with paint. "Not a lick of paint." Bobby, those parts are cast in the correct color plastic - it doesn't need paint if it's already the right color, dammit! Besides, paint is just another thing that can get easily damaged.

• Like Like x 6
  12. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Disagree about paint. The right kind of paint will bring details out and makes a figure look premium. Plastic by nature is dull. Again, paint applied properly will not chip easily.

• Like Like x 4
  13. XIVOLVE

XIVOLVE Well-Known Member

It's not the wheels, it's the square-ish pegs that the wheels are attached to. Those pegs stick out a bit too far and do not clear the leg panels, whether you angle it right or not because you can't angle them lol. I can't imagine trying to fish the wheels out to transform it back to car mode, I feel like they are stuck in there at this point.

You say the small tabs don't require force? I gently push down on the upper chest to try to lock the arms in and they do not go in. I'm not sure what the trick is, but if there is a trick, let me know.

14. artimus prime

artimus prime Articulation Junkie... I'm a poser

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah the wheels don't require any force at all. Are you pushing on the wheels themselves? I hope not. Just push on the arm they're attached to and they fold in easily.

15. XIVOLVE

The pegs the wheels are attached too don't easily slide down into the thighs. They bump up against the thighs and keep the wheels from going down all the way. I had to manipulate the thighs a bit in order to push those pegs (that the wheels are on) past the thighs and into the gap.

I opened up the leg panel and tried to pull the wheels out, and that doesn't look like it's going to be easy.

If the pegs were to stop at the very end of the wheel's surface, then there would not be an issue.

16. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had that problem too. The trick is to put the chest in place before you push the hood into her back. The hood has little tabs that slot into the chest to hold it in place but if you have the hood in first, it's impossible (as far as I can tell) to push the chest down over it all the way.

• Like Like x 2
  17. XIVOLVE

That makes sense. I'll try that next time. Thanks!

18. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    I thought you meant the small tabs on the arms themselves. If you're talking about locking the chest into place then yes, that requires a bit of force, but as far as I can tell, it's designed to withstand the force pretty well. I wouldn't worry about it breaking.

Those square bits on the wheels can still get down into the legs without flexing. They're designed to stick out to keep the wheels in place for vehicle mode.
    It takes a big of fiddling to figure out how to do it but it is possible to get them in there without flexing anything.
    To get them out for vehicle mode, I find it easiest to open the back of the thighs, disconnect the upper thigh/hip pieces, then put your finger underneath the axels and push up from there, and the wheels should come up smoothly.
    So I saw this a lot before I got Azalea but I've managed to lock the chest in after doing the backpack. In fact, I'd almost say it was easier when I did it that way because I could use the backpack as leverage for my fingers, with my thumb(s) on the chest piece.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

What hands are these? I keep searching for 1/144 hands, but all I see are the Hobby Base hands, or molded, unposable options from Bandai.

20. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hands from a real grade 1/144 Gundam. I forget which one specifically (wing something - I thought I was buying wing zero but it ended up being something else) but they pretty much all come with the same hands. I had to use the larger ball pegs (3mm) from the hobby base set and sand them down but they work great now.

• Like Like x 1