MMC / Ocular Max Maximas Pro (Hot Spot / Defensor)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by godotislate, May 16, 2015.

1. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Do you collect any masterpiece toy or only G1 MP?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Blue Prime

Blue Prime Well-Known Member

I always find interesting that there are guys the same age as my dad buying the same toys that I do and interacting in the same forums. Makes me think he is kinda boring lol.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Meanwhile our kids are addicted to Yo\tube and Fortnite. Your dad did something right.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Eduardolicious

Eduardolicious Member

Twitter:
    i combined mine up for the first time this week too, and not having gad mmc's bruticus before was a little bummed how short he is compared to my other mp combiners lol

has there been any word on beefed up feet for him like their bruticus got? i figure even 3/4" of boost would make a big visual difference alongside the others

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  5. yuthura

yuthura Well-Known Member

No, and I don't expect there will be. Those for Bruticus were part of a pack including new chest parts to make him toy accurate; for Defensor all figures will get toy accurate releases each.

From what I remember, the original idea with their Bruricus was that they would release both a toon and toy version separately (similar to whay they're doing with Defensor), but for just their Onslaught (the other combaticons were "close enough", except for arguably Swindle).

They changed their approach to an "upgrade kit" midway, I presume since not enough would differ on the rest of Onslaught and I suppose they thought this would sell better (and I'd say they were right).

So, don't hold your hopes up I'd say, sorry.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

This is already scaled against Bruticus with the upgrade kit, and MMC has no interest in matching the Zeta scale, so I'd say the chances are zero.
    Personally I also think that Defensor already has long legs, so I don't see making his lower body even longer to gain a bit of height as a worthy tradeoff.

• Like Like x 3
  7. StoneCold Skywarp

StoneCold Skywarp Best Served Chilled

The day has arrived, a small box arrived out of the blue, big enough to contain several whole doors for medicus let alone one.
    Fingers crossed I opened the box to discover if MMC were going to be kind and provide an easy fix or devils and provide bear minimum solution.

1000015302.jpg

F**k

• Like Like x 4
  8. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    Get rid of your pantsformers!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Autobrat Leader

Autobrat Leader Bratwurst in Disguise

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    If it were me, I would rip the mirrors off if they already aren't. Then take a drill bit slightly smaller as the diameter of the mirror pegs and hand twist it to get the remaining mirror out. Once you remove enough of the old mirror, glue the new ones in. Saves you trying to dismantle the doors in any way.

• Like Like x 2
  10. bobagorof

bobagorof Well-Known Member

Sorry that you got a bit of a surprise (this is why I always check the size of figures before purchase), but as others have said it's not likely MMC will make any upgrades for this set.
    Someone may make 3D printed accessories but TBH looking at his feet I don't think you want to be adding much height there - he'll just look like he's on platform shoes.

Even if you did get him closer to 20 inch somehow, the limb proportions would be off. You can see from your own picture how much bulk Superion and Devastator have in comparison.

• Like Like x 1
  11. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Agree. Drilling out the post with a drill SLIGHTLY smaller than the post, is the best way. You basically want to end up with a paper-thin tube of black plastic, that can then be easily pulled out of the hole. (having lost almost all of its structure/strength, the paper-thin remnant of the mirror's mounting post should "give up the ghost" at that point, and come out with just a bit of gentle prying).

• Like Like x 2
  12. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Quick as Lightning

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Mostly G1 but I do have a few BWII MPs as well. If they make any other japanese BW MPs I’ll probably get those, but as of this moment it’s just G1 lol. If anyone’s interested in my collection you can probably find it in my post history in the G1 Appreciation Thread. Been in there since 2017 :D 

• Like Like x 1
  13. StoneCold Skywarp

StoneCold Skywarp Best Served Chilled

Which is exactly what I chose to do!
    Need to clean out a little surplus plastic then I can glue the replacement in.

• Like Like x 1
  14. godotislate

godotislate S-Secret Police?!

News Credits:
    Got a 3-day availability notice for Ignis from TCP.

• Like Like x 3
  15. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    Interesting! you are very young, but you still appreciate and collect toys based on a very old cartoon. I am 40 but I collect G1, Bayverse, BW and anything new and cool

• Like Like x 1
  16. Optional Prime

Optional Prime Cereal Killer

Huh, I'm 44 and I grundgingly accept Season 3 for being the weird new stuff.
    :D 

• Like Like x 5
  17. Mechman42

Mechman42 Queen of Sound

News Credits:
    I’m turning 19 this summer lol. Most of my TF friends are my age or early 20s. I think a forum is just biased towards an older audience, being an older format.
    Liketoys made a full body suit for Bruticus to bring him to Zeta height, but I never got the appeal.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Quick as Lightning

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What sorts of transformers are you and your friends interested in?

19. Mechman42

Mechman42 Queen of Sound

News Credits:
    I’m primarily a G1 Legends collector but I dabble in most other areas. My best friend is obsessed with G2 and other obscure decos. My girlfriend collects mainline and MP of all sorts. Another friend loves the Unicron Trilogy.

Like I said, it’s definitely biased by platform. This site is largely 30 and 40 year olds because they grew up on message boards. Discord servers like the ShowZ server lean on the younger side, mostly 20s and 30s but there’s definitely a handful of older teens there.

• Like Like x 3
  20. mlgpapalouie

mlgpapalouie The King of Bad Luck

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    it’s also biased by which continuity you’re in here at least a little. i feel like the average age drops significantly once you enter a Bayverse thread.

• Like Like x 2