MMC Nickel

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by godotislate, Oct 22, 2017.

1. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ rubadubspawn1@gmail.com

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I spoke to Alex Milne at Fan Expo in Toronto about his thoughts on 3P and seeing his work visualized into actual toys.

He said it was pretty cool. He mentioned that when Hasbro takes his designs, they don't really ask for any feedback from him and because of the target audience, cost constrictions, etc. - the final product often can differ significantly from the lines he puts on the page.

In contrast to 3P, he said MMC is very interactive with him and will often either send him samples or show him pictures of their prototypes and ask him for feedback on the figures while they are still in pre-production. He said it is really cool to see his stuff in 3D form and that MMC is by far the most keen to get things as comic-accurate or to solicit input (at least so far).

Kind of neat to hear his perspective.

• Like Like x 14
  2. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Subjectively Objective

Ebay:
    I can get that. That's generally more thought than I put into it, but even if that's the theory the execution could have been better. I would have liked a build up to it, or again, an exploration of that idea over time as opposed to 'SUDDENLY PAPERWORK' followed by 'MELODRAMATIC DEATH'.

In that vein, while I do like the exploration of characters that are less "the best guys ever" and more the guys that flail around a lot before they make any progress, Robert's reliance on this trope got tiresome for me. The Lost Light is a ship of losers. The DJD are losers in super suits. The Scavengers are losers coming and going. Nickel is part of this, and really is just more of the same (for me).

Anyway - now that we've strayed off topic a ton, anyone wanna theorize what accessories Nickel might come with?

• Like Like x 1
  3. mapatel

mapatel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thats really awesome that MMC is doing that. If only something like that could happen with DJW.

• Like Like x 1
  4. NATO-BOT

NATO-BOT Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    These will all be mine.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    To be completely honest I didn't really even like the DJD that much UNTIL it wasn't revealed that they were all kind of flawed and somewhat crappy and weren't the one-dimensional killing machine boogeymen that everyone in the books thought they were. I actually cared about and mourned Kaon when he died because he was an electric chair but had a big soft mushy spot for his "pet". :lol 

Anyway, I look forward to adding Nickel to my collection. I do hope her face gets a little more work though.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Wasn't that because he was friends with Dominus Ambus and still cared about him after it turned out he was a traitor?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Altihex

Altihex Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I can agree with the DJD as losers - at least, not from the surface angle.

They're losers not because of inability, to be certain - their leader's both a Point One Percenter and an outlier, and Kaon is suggested to be an outlier as well. Likewise, the others' ... er, attributes lend to augmenting their combat ability, and their berzerker rages are ... hideous.

But they are all damaged, to be sure. The best comparison I can make is to the end of Seinfeld, where the camera pans out and we realize that we were never supposed to cheer for Jerry, Elaine, and co., because they're not really (supposed to be) admirable people. (The infamous poisoned envelope episode with the death of George's fiancee should've been a hint, obviously, but the refusal to help a person in need drives it home.)

Of course, Jerry and co. might be callous and mean-spirited, but they're not actively homicidal.

The DJD are an indictment of grimdark, and rightfully so. They're the 'Con equivalent of that isolated loner who snaps, but they're a pack of such sentients - coordinated and socially allowed (at least under Decepticon governance - they ARE the secret police, after all).

A friend of mine once described "the allure of evil," and I understand what he meant (he certainly was NOT endorsing evil, to clarify; this was a philosophical discourse about Sith Lords and bad girls in black leather, IIRC).

Most sane individuals would NEVER do what the DJD do, and what they're doing to their fellow Cybertronians should unsettle and horrify us. But, because it's happening to giant robots in a fictional setting, we can hand-wave and justify our fanboying over Megs' bad, bad folks.

It doesn't change the fact that the DJD are incredibly KRIFFED-UP psychopaths, each and every one (Nickel included - her ability to treat the DJD as lost children in need of care is a red flag that she's no better off than they are, horrific loss of her world or not).

None of this means that I want the remaining the DJD members any less. I just make sure I'm honest with myself that these are the BAD guys.

Losers? FACPOV, sure. Just don't turn your back on them ... :( 

• Like Like x 1
  8. TCJJ

TCJJ 117% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Yes, all the story spoilers and I'm just here for the toys. Guys, maybe ease up on the spoilers. Not all of us are up-to-date yet (yeah yeah, our fault for coming into these threads etc., but this is a toy discussion thread, not a comic discussion thread).

Anyway, I can't wait to see more of MMC's Nickel. I really hope they nail this figure because I really want it.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Windsweeper II

News Credits:
    I love your comparing them to the Seinfeld cast :lol 
    I think the Seinfeld cast could actually better be compared to the Scavengers.
    They're a bunch of losers and they can be funny and symphatetic, but they'll rip your head of if they stand to gain by it without a second thought.

But that's my take on most Cybertronians really.
    They've all of them fought in a million year war and have done terrible things. Several acts of genocide have been comitted by both parties.
    Many might try to make the world a better place now, but i don't think any of them can be considered a nice person.
    They're all vicious mass murderers in my mind.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  10. TCJJ

TCJJ 117% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    By the way, Nickel is a LoliCon.

I'll show myself out.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    She isn’t a “Loli(con).” And even if she were, *we’d* be lolicons for liking her :) 

But haha I get it, Loli + Decepticon, clever! Lol :) 

• Like Like x 3
  12. TCJJ

TCJJ 117% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    I mean, she theoretically could be, but I just wanted to make the pun.

• Like Like x 3
  13. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    lol I love how sea mode is essentially air mode with a periscope.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Bumblemus Prime

Bumblemus Prime Cracked in the head

I cannot imagine anything more evil than someone who takes work evaluations as seriously as Tarn does.

That was just confirmation of their awfulness.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Pikachu_King

Pikachu_King Well-Known Member

All 3 modes are practically just her bent at the hips 180 with different peripherals flipped out it seems. That should make MMCs job pretty easy at least.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Windsweeper II

News Credits:
    Agreed. Every humane manager hates them.
    This alone makes the monstrosity of Tarns personality clear :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  17. 2003 Megatron

2003 Megatron Banned

News Credits:
    No thanks.

18. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    Nice. Can't wait to see an alt mode. Probaby about the same height as an old-skool scout figure or so?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Windsweeper II

News Credits:
    Would be perfect.

• Like Like x 2
  20. TCJJ

TCJJ 117% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Why? Do you hate little girls? Are you a sexist? An agist? Hmm? Hmmmmmmmm?

And before someone says "oh but she's 80 years old" or whatever, hey, stop judging her based on her age, you horrible person. Yes, you.

• Like Like x 3