MMC Nickel

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by godotislate, Oct 22, 2017.

1. LazyAza

LazyAza Ehhhhh

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    @TCJJ

I think the instructions have an error in them with Fox's torso you're only meant to have it extended for beast most, robot mode you compress it down to lock him together and give him better proportions.

As for the rest of your experience, that's a shame but I honestly can't say I've experienced any difficulty with stuff staying in place and working fine on either of mine. But yeah those Ni shoulder compresses are stupid tight.

If you want to have an easier time locking in her calves, I recommend bending her knee to a 90 degree angle first and bracing her shin as you push your thumb down on her knee joint so you focus the pressure directly where it needs to be to get it locked down just right.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Sounds like what I expected.
    In all fairness they are designs with lots of tiny parts, but maybe they could have done better.
    We have those little Diaclone dudes now and the tiny new age bots, not that I own them so I can't judge.
    Just to say I didn't expect any better but I don't know if they could have done better.

3. Remko

Remko Well-Known Member

I received the set with Nickel and Foxwire today. MMC did a great job, although the head of Fox's bot mode in beast mode is a bit obvious I wish that would have been hidden some more.

Nickel is a fun figure, especially if you know the source material. A feisty lady, small, but easily ossing the rest of the DJD around. The addition of various faces is great too. Transformation is a bit elaborate, but once you figure it out, it looks great. Although I normally have my figures displayed in bot mode only.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Remko

Remko Well-Known Member

Word of caution (don't know if this has been adressed before), but the little hooks for her tools in robot mode are very fragile. Mine already have stress marks, and one of them even seems to be broken. I've pushed it back in place, but I expect them to break fast if handled often.

I think I'm just going to get or make her a nice toolbox to store the tools.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Entirely within expectations imo.
    Mine is standing on the shelf with Ismenios and that's how she will stay.
    These smaller MMC figures are exceptionally accurate but extremely fragile.

• Like Like x 1