MMC Nickel

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by godotislate, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

Azalea and especially Cynicus say the opposite. MMC has serious issues at developing figures that are smaller than Voyager size, I don't even want to think what will happen with a Scout size one.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the bigger problem with those two is the small/thin limbs, etc rather than height/size. If Nickel remains stout, she wouldn't necessarily have the same issues.

• Like Like x 2
  3. TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon Garbage Enthusiast

News Credits:
    Finally! Was wondering if they'd ever make her or not. Her head does seem a bit off, but I'm sure that's something MMC will fix on the final version.

I wonder if she'll be released before or after the larger DJD members tho? I'm hoping for the former.

• Like Like x 2
  4. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

Ebay:
    Eh...the mascot...pass

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Woah!! I don't remember seeing a render of Tesarus before either; he looks great! I hope Helex and Tesarus are still their priority, before moving on to the mascot and the pet. Getting the actual team finished is the main thing.

6. godotislate

godotislate B Gata H Kei

News Credits:
    I read somewhere (not sure if here or on FB) from someone who attended the MMC panel at Botfest that the Pet was likely to be ready first. Mors is going through the production process, bit obviously is a more complicated figure.

Supposedly MMC also said that they were planning Tesarus for end of next year, but that seems unrealistically optimistic to me.

• Like Like x 1
  7. GeneralLeeSpkng

GeneralLeeSpkng Purveyor of Futility

News Credits:
    Kind of annoying that there are now several threads with the same picture. I have only a passing interest in DJD and have no idea what their names are besides Tarn.

• Like Like x 1
  8. fafireguy

fafireguy Leader

You know, for using your face you should go and read the books they are in, it is pretty good

• Like Like x 1
  9. GeneralLeeSpkng

GeneralLeeSpkng Purveyor of Futility

News Credits:
    I read them as they were released actually. Don't remember the names anymore. Not a fan of Roberts writing to be honest, too much exposition. Tarns face is just a big Decepticon logo so it looks cool regardless of the character. I did buy the figure though so at least somewhat interested in the other 2 main guys that aren't out.

• Like Like x 1
  10. LazyAza

LazyAza Ehhhhh

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yup. She got bigger in season 2.

nickelmtmte.jpg
    nickel2.jpg

Think our figure is going to be around same size as Maketoys Tailgate and Swerve which imo is just fine for her.

kultrear.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  11. Rakzo

I guess a Nickel who is as tall as Maketoys Rearend should be fine.

I worry more about her quality though.

• Like Like x 2
  12. AutobotSoldier

AutobotSoldier Well-Known Member

What is Nickels alt mode?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Recon734

Recon734 Mnemosurgeon

News Credits:
    IMG_7981.JPG

She's a quad-changer. :) 

• Like Like x 2
  14. Rakzo

She looks so cute in that picture.

Quad changer though? Yikes! That's not going to be easy.

• Like Like x 3
  15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I've read MTMTE several times until LL, and I couldn't tell you who anyone is besides Tarn and Vos. Without cheating and checking TFWiki, I believe Kaon is the electric chair guy, and Helex and Terseras are the two big guys, but I couldn't tell you who's who. None have any personality beyond Tarn, and as a team they're all remarkably uninteresting and generic. I have not, can not, and likely will never understand the appeal.

Nickel is also a pretty worthless character. She's supposed to be cute, but is really just annoying. Like the Scrappy Doo of a really boring Mystery Gang.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Recon734

Recon734 Mnemosurgeon

News Credits:
    I have very little faith that MMC will do it properly, I can see it being something they cheat on and we just end up with the ground mode.

However, it wouldn't be too horribly difficult to pull off I don't think. Lift up a periscope? Sea mode done. Retract the wheels and extend the wings? There's your air mode.

• Like Like x 1
  17. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If there are problems with those figures I'm not aware. I own every version of Azalea and Cynicus and they're all very durable with flex to the plastic for their dumb transformations. Not even a stress mark among them.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wait is she supposed to have a nose or not? Also the render could use some work on the head in general with the eyes. Face looks a tiny bit sunken but I can't really tell with the size of the render.

19. Rakzo

I have Salvia and she's a fiddly mess, unable to hold a pose due to her weak joints and parts that constantly get in the way of other parts.

Cynicus takes those problems to the extreme since he's the kind of figure that seems like is going to break just by looking at it and, based on tons of people's experiences, that's what going to happen eventually.

Hell, I've seen people complaining a lot about the Perfect Effect RC mould but I've gotten Aranea and while she's definitely not a toy people should be tough with, she's far from feeling as fragile as Cynicus (and she's much more fun to play with than Salvia).

• Like Like x 3
  20. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep, That'll work very nicely!
    Not really. Judging from that sketch her three vehicle modes are pretty much the same - just slightly longer wings and slightly retracted wheels on the "air" and a periscope for the "sea" alts.

Well it's MMC, and this is their Remastered (or as I like to call it "Remoulded") line, so you can guarantee they'll remould it into something. Having already done Obsidian and Strika, I imagine Tankor is on their list. How well suited to the character and accurate to the source it will be is entirely unknown at this point though. They tend to do one or two really good representations, and then a couple of "shoe-horned" efforts that can be hit or miss. Hoping that it would be a hit for you.

• Like Like x 1