MMC Mastermind Creations Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Hybrid Style, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Thundercracker Blue

Thundercracker Blue Well-Known Member

Right on.

But first... Optimus Prime.

2. Digger

Digger Collecting with the goal of no end

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    That seems like a unique way about it. I feel like making unique sculpts for each is probably out of the question. Which is of course the true modern IDW look.

Slipstream is very much deprived of great toys, save for the TFCC one. I’d love a reformatted one, or even if she makes it into IF.

3. Hyoumaru

Hyoumaru M.S.B.S. ver. 10.5

I really wish MMC would make a figure out of this IDW Optimus design

IDWOptimus.jpg

Beelzeboss made an upgrade kit of this for the CW Optimus design, but that turned out so bad I ended up selling the whole thing afterwards. But it's such a nice robust design...

• Like Like x 5
  4. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Well-Known Member

I would like to see MMC make Starscream, Skywarp, and Thundercracker figures based on Milne's Seeker design from the Shining Armor series:
    ROM vs Transformers Shining Armor 5 Final Issue Full Preview (7)__scaled_600.jpg
    ROM vs Transformers Shining Armor 5 Final Issue Full Preview (1)__scaled_600.jpg
    I got these images from here.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Well-Known Member

I thought/vaguely recall that there had been a comment regarding a MMC Reformatted Optimus being at some stage of development. @RVDA's comment is about the Stealth Bomber Megatron not happening, and not Optimus.

And if they do, I certainly hope it's the Stormbringer design. I think that design works best in large voyager scale and it's the one design that has not been done in said scale (deluxe, MP). Plus with his exposure in Stormbringer and the time travel in MTMTE/LL, I would say it would be popular enough. But I honestly have to admit that I probably won't buy it. At least, not in the iconic Optimus colours. It would be another MMC reformatted where I'm waiting for the repaint.

As for the Seekers, yes please. If you want seeker characters with Reformatted figures/large CHUG, then there's still a huge gap. iGear made an attempt, but that was long ago, and Earth rise is just too small. I think @LazyAza's idea is a good one: don't start with the iconic, but do other characters like Slipstream first.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Digger

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I know MMC has an odd reverence to older IDW designs but I’d really like if they did the final Optimus body that was in the OP comic. Just good evergreen hunk of a figure.
    upload_2020-6-24_20-58-37.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  7. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Been a bit since I've taken a picture of Razorclaw:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  8. Digger

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Nature robot lion man. Ace photo.

9. Nook

Nook Till all are gone

News Credits:
    Got em all, love em all. Frankly speaking, I think it is one of the best transformers molds ever.

image2.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  10. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:

But it's not Transfomers... LOL

11. deruberhanyok

deruberhanyok Likes the G2 neon lights

I decided to pick up a few reformatted figures. Stray (re-edit), Collisus and Nitro:

100_6133.JPG

These are the first MMC figures I've handled and... I am really impressed. I know I'm just preaching to the choir because this is an appreciation thread, but Stray and Collisus especially have simple, intuitive transformations (I didn't need the manual to figure either out) and Nitro's was entertaining and fairly straightforward, with the one part I couldn't quite figure myself being the twist for the cockpit. Really great design on these, I think they're great figures and they have such a good feel in hand - nice and solid. They have the feel some an older "chunky monkey" type of toy, but with modern articulation.

Really, really impressed. Kudos to the designer and the factory. I'm so glad I picked these up.

I am thinking I want to pick up just a few others from this line. I don't generally like to do mold repeats unless there's a significant retool (space and money is limited, although I do have Calidus Luminus on the way) and not interested in the DJD characters. So I'm really just looking at a few others I can get right now, and that will probably be it for me.

I'm on the fence about Dicamus and Turben - both are available for preorder at some shops. Are they similarly solid as these three? Video reviews make it seem like the transformation has the same kind of feel as these - nothing too overly complicated. I do like Whirl's character in the comics so Turben is especially tempting. The only others I'm thinking about are Tyrantron and Jaguar. I didn't see any particular areas of concern for any of them in the reviews and feedback threads?

• Like Like x 3
  12. lordcryotek

Dicamus has extremely limited shoulder articulation but is otherwise solid as a brick. Dicamus' alt mode is a big hefty chunk of a vehicle, though the transformation is a bit fiddly. Turben is fun as long as you like the Stormbringer design and aren't hung up about him being MTMTE-accurate. Between the two, I like Dicamus better but they're both great figures. Tyrantron is probably my second favorite MMC figure (next to Carnifex), just be careful with the legs--they can snap off. Collapse them by holding the leg instead of the pelvis (and push the button). Ravage is quite nice, though his articulation in cat mode could've been better. He can't do many of the sitting poses he was seen doing MTMTE, but he can pull off a good pounce.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Nook

Nook Till all are gone

News Credits:
    Sorry, I don't get it :) 

14. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Some people still call unlicensed 3rd Party figures based on Transformers characters as a "Not-{insert character name here}"...

Not-Tarn...

15. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. HnH

HnH MPM Moron

News Credits:
    will there be a rerelease of Hellion or not?

17. Digger

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    No. Most likely no. Reissues are scary.

• Like Like x 2
  18. lordcryotek

Here's a better picture of the Seeker/Starscream design I want to see made (from Alex Milne's Twitter):
    DFI9YZrVoAAC5cG.jpg
    Please make this MMC!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 11
  19. Jamiec1979

Jamiec1979 Well-Known Member

I would buy atleast the original trio in this mold, but would most likely buy any seeker MMC would produce. I need good IDW seekers I was late to the party and it's hard to find the igear ones that are the only real option.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Digger

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    The thing is though, I think there are only so many seekers types that are gonna get made in due time. I think MMC’s hypothetical seekers would be the last G1 CHUG seekers to be made. Since we’ve got the Siege/ER ones, and the only other new designs are the Cyberverse one and the BB Blitzwing/Tetrajets. Then there are also the retro ones to revive like any of the unicorn trilogy designs or Animated etc. The only other ones people are immediately demanding is a new MP one, as in an offical one.

But yeah, I think they’re probably gonna be the last ones to fit in this specific seeker collection space. Interesting to think of.

• Like Like x 1