MMC Mastermind Creations Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Hybrid Style, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Thebricklord

Thebricklord Well-Known Member

I don't believe they have a spot. I just keep mine in a baggy all the time unless I am taking pictures.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Droppin' Space Colonies

Ok, good to know.

3. LazyAza

LazyAza Ehhhhh

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    morsstray.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  4. Jamiec1979

Jamiec1979 Well-Known Member

I know MMC usally has great plastic quality but this looks even better from the pictures and reviews I've seen, so my question is how would you rate the quality of plastic and overall build of the figure.

5. LazyAza

LazyAza Ehhhhh

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Mmc plastic has been very good for a long while now so I can't really say if he's better he feels as good as anything else mmc has made last few years.

The reason Mors looks so pretty is far more to do with the nature of Helex's character design being ideal for translating in to toy form more than anything else. Whenever you have a TF that does minimal folding and can keep a lot of its robot self visible in alt mode you get way fewer seams, gaps, screw holes etc so lots n lots of nicely clean surfaces, big hunks of solid plastic etc. Tor and Stellarus are the same so I cannot wait to have both of those as well.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Tigerkaiser

Tigerkaiser Well-Known Member

I've had a couple of recent MMC purchases, and for guys like Mors, Spartan & Stray (that's Drift right?) I love how intuative the transformation is, it's smooth without being complicated, and every one of them feels solid and well put together. If their Deathsaurus does ever come out then I'm sure I'll love it

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jamiec1979

Jamiec1979 Well-Known Member

Yea as I was saying there plastic is usally top notch but he just looks different, but in a good way and you being a designer and explaining it to me I see what you're saying so ty for the response. Mine is on it's way so I'll get to handle him myself and see what my in hand opinion is.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
  8. LazyAza

LazyAza Ehhhhh

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Reform big boys.

bigreform.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  9. Digger

Digger Collecting with the goal of no end

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Is Tortor gonna be about the same height as Carnifex?

10. LazyAza

LazyAza Ehhhhh

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Nah he's 11 inches.

11. Enewtabie

Enewtabie One of the Four Rejecticons...

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Just waiting on Dojo to get Mors now. I really wish they would rerelease Carnifex at some point. The secondary market is insane on this figure and I missed it. Plus Overlord is a favorite of mine.

12. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There was a plan to re-release Carnifex a while ago, but the demand wasn't there yet and they couldn't get enough pre-order to justify starting up a new production run. Maybe there'll be another attempt some time down the line. But for now, their backlog is occupied by a good number of other large figures.

13. Digger

Digger Collecting with the goal of no end

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Ah right. Still cool that you guys have mostly Decepticons as some of the larger figures in your line. Feels nice when it’s often the inverse in the normal toy lines.

14. solskjaer

solskjaer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ironically there was a time that the demand for Overload is so low than I grabbed it under $100 shipped (complete With box but without the additional head). Hard to image MMC will reconsider it again given the unsuccessful rerelease.

15. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Man, Carnifex is still the one MMC toy (well, besides Ocular Max Hauler) that I regret not picking up when the getting was good. I'm not optimistic about a reissue, since I think that window sort of closed, but if one ever happens I would probably jump on it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Whomps

Whomps Well-Known Member

I really regret not getting Calidus or Hellion when I had the chance, the latter seems to get up to $380 on ebay

Like, seriously, are that many people that hungry for it? Can you guys do a reissue for those?

17. solskjaer

solskjaer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unfortunately MMC is not FT. Spartan was a figure in demand before MMC decided to reissue it, but somehow the reissue is not selling well. Since then I think MMC is reluctant to do any reissue (except DJD), particularly after the low demand on Carnifex's reissue.

18. Enewtabie

Enewtabie One of the Four Rejecticons...

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Just finished working on my Drift reissue video and man this is a great figure. Love the weapons solid figure all the way through. Glad my friend Sardo got me into this line. I have Megatron and Ravage still to open and all of the DJD pre ordered. Need to get a Carnifex though...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. Agent Prime 2814

Agent Prime 2814 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I think the only reissue they had to sell well was the Tyranotron (Megatron). Stray is straggling with sales, so is Spartan. Hellion would be in demand because there is no MP Cliffjumper and the 3rd party ones around are very hard to get or very costly. DJD reissues sell out all the time. Although I think the 180 and 200 price tag on the last two have slowed the demand down...there are tons of preorders still available on every website. I am even waiting on the last one to try and cash my source points in and get it $40 cheaper.

• Like Like x 2
  20. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In Stock

News Credits:
    Link to video? The proportions always looked kinda weird even with the new chest piece. I'm curious how it is in person vs. just looking at internet pictures.

I did have the re-edited Drift pre-ordered for months, but so many delays... and then they put up pre-orders for the first three DJD reissues! :eek: 

Naturally, I cancelled Stray and will be getting Tarn and Kaon instead. :D 

I may try to get Drift eventually, but hey, I'm working with a budget here! :p 

• Like Like x 2