MMC Mastermind Creations Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Hybrid Style, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Agent Prime 2814

Agent Prime 2814 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    It also says sold by TFSOURCE. Which if you go directly to tfsource, Spartan is $84.99 as opposed to the $101.99 target is selling him for.

2. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    I’m glad you like the deluxe fembots (I do too), but they aren’t in scale.

Acree was a big girl in the comics (as was Elita-1). The original Azalea was MMC’s first go at IDW designs and they didn’t quite know what they were going for back then.

When and if SXS’ Nautica ever comes out, she will be voyager sized (not deluxe) — likewise I am sure if MMC were to make IDW Arcee nowadays, she would also be voyager sized.

3. Agent Prime 2814

Facebook:
    Ok let me clarify. 20191109_100418.jpg But Arcee was not a big girl. She carries daniel in her head and his exosuit creates it. She would most definitely be a deluxe. Elita would be the in betweener. She was bigger but she wasnt inferno size. She wasnt close to prime. Shed be a small voyager at best. Now idw arcee would be bigger. But if they redid her theyd need to pack her with a guzzle sized aileron to go with her. I initially didnt get sixshot and overlord which i regret now because at the time they didnt scale with the rest of Hasbro. Stray(Drift) Spartan (Impactor) and so on match up great with cw ultra magnus and t30 springer.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Honesty

News Credits:
    Aye.

I am speaking of IDW Arcee, who was a big girl. So is Nautica, Firestar Velocity, Chromia, Windblade and Elita-1. Whom are all around the same size as IDW Brainstorm, Starscream, Prowl, Rodimus, Drift and the other boys.

As for the G1 versions - they were also big. They were bigger than the normal car bots.

The deluxe old Azalea mold is way too small. I’d kill for a voyager sized upscale and a few tweaks. Please make this happen @Byrin ._.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  5. Imperator

Imperator and he drove the fastest milk-cart in the west.

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    [​IMG]
    I didn't watch Cybertron. I was pretty definitively burned out on the Unicron Trilogy by then, and there was a pretty horrible undercurrent of cynicism to its third chapter. Armada had been a mess which admittedly tightened up in its latter half, and Energon had proved to be such a horrific shambles that I had no desire to put myself through that again. And Cybertron was following a well-worn route by re-hashing the same basic plot as Armada had done, only with everyone obsessing over collecting little key things instead of collecting minicons.

So I don't really have much to say about Override / Nitro Convoy as a character I'm afraid. I do like the concept though, and for once I think Japan had a good idea in taking all the leaders of the various planets visited in the show and giving them the 'Convoy' suffix, akin to having them all as different Primes. Sadly Hasbro nixed the idea to not muddy the waters with what a Prime actually was... only to thoroughly embrace the idea some years later with the Thirteen and all that. That said, Hasbro get brownie points for making Override a girl, trying to alleviate the tendency of Transformers to be more of a sausagefest than August in Cologne.

As leader of the Velocitron she managed to get a turn in the IDW comics of course, but was criminally underused, staying at home for the entirety of the run and not bothering to interfere with Cybertronian politics. It's a shame, especially compared to the immense character overhaul that Elita-1 enjoyed. But then, as in 2005, her thing was speed, enough to win leadership of the whole planet, I guess? But that amounts to all the characterisation she got. It's a real shame, as a rival Prime from a different planet with a totally different worldview to stodgy old Optimus is the sort of thing that Transformers could really benefit from having more of.

The toy here is from Mastermind Creations, and a moderate retool of their IDW Rodimus toy. You can kinda tell that underneath the outer shell this was always intended to be someone different, so poor old Override never looks entirely comfortable in her own skin. Still, if MMC's attempt at the Alex Milne design doesn't quite work for you, this is a decent enough way to enjoy the mould without needing to get an almost-but-not-quite rendition of the comic megastar. I mean, if she doesn't look 100% like the original Override is that much of a problem? Nah.

What lets it down a bit is the accessories. While MMC gave Rodimus a natty little bow in homage to his Animated days in addition to his traditional gun, Override gets a rather pitiful peashooter that doesn't look like it could shoot a stain off a public urinal. There's no real reason to lose the bow either, and it would have made for a much more individualistic weapon for Override than it did for Roddy.

Transformation is pretty typical MMC fare. It's challenging, especially in getting everything to line up properly in vehicle mode, but ultimately a rewarding affair. The lanky robot manages to squish down into a compact and boxy racer that might look cute if it wasn't still voyager size. You get the feeling that there's a pretty mighty engine lurking underneath, since it's big and heavy-looking enough to smash through other racers rather than dodge around them. The translucent tires and single-seat cockpit make it clear that this is far from being an earth car. She'd have a hell of a time fitting down your average B road hereabouts.

I dunno. I really like this toy and I like the idea of Override, and it's a pity that there's been little drive (hah) to revisit her in more modern iterations of the Transformers franchise. Pole position in my heart.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  6. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I’d appreciate it if someone were to take this off my hands:p  70AA1EF9-752F-49D3-87D8-B28EDD5BAA82.jpeg B6279B70-E2FF-4D59-A33F-643533ABF45D.jpeg
    My last idw type bot.

• Like Like x 1
  7. D0nut

D0nut Well-Known Member

This one's next on my list. While I wish the toy itself was a touch more feminine, I can appreciate that her bulk helps her stand out amongst other fembots. While she's not sporting the Olympic powerlifter build of Strika, nor does she have the super model frame of Arcee. Override sits in that nice gymnast or more fitting marathon runner physique.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Honesty

News Credits:
    Had she looked like this:

46A304BD-777F-4DCD-B94F-C2BC3D67AC1B.jpeg

Then I probably would have bought two to support MMC.

Zero interest in the figure otherwise.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Agent Prime 2814

Facebook:
    Give you $2.50. LOL Actually I would take that figure I just got a big list with others taking priority over that figure.

• Like Like x 1
  10. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I bought it cause the alt mode looks like a nice bat mobile. The charm has worn off

• Like Like x 1
  11. Agent Prime 2814

Facebook:
    I actually like it better than I liked Hasbro's Rodimus Unicronus. And I love the Shattered Glass versions of characters. I think Guzzle and Brawn are next for me. Then get the Sky part of skylynx. And if I can find them the SG Drift and regular Cyclonus. By then the next DJD member should be out and Chromedome.

12. godotislate

godotislate S-Secret Police?!

News Credits:
    Sina Visitor System

Sounds like PSX is saying that there will be another run of the previous MMC DJD members some undetermined time next year. (As far as I can tell from machine translation.)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Goodriddance

Goodriddance Well-Known Member

Excellent. I was late on these and need Cynicus

14. Mr H

Mr H Old bot from Iacon...

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  15. Agent Prime 2814

Facebook:
    Excellent!!! Mine is in new jersey atm. Cant wait to get him.

16. Mr H

Mr H Old bot from Iacon...

Ebay:
    Nice! ;) 

17. Jamiec1979

Jamiec1979 Well-Known Member

If anyone has mmc dicamus and bedrock could you please post a pic of the two please.

18. godotislate

godotislate S-Secret Police?!

News Credits:
    h/t Liam_紫裤子 on weibo

711e28afgy1g8ksravbvxj22ye27te82.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  19. Jamiec1979

Jamiec1979 Well-Known Member

20. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Hell of a few weeks for mmc stuff I tell ya what.

sphinxspec1.jpg
    sphinxspec2.jpg
    ratclos.jpg
    fraudosm.jpg

• Like Like x 9