MMC Mastermind Creations Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Hybrid Style, Apr 12, 2013.

1. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    And maybe another mask that heads the red eyes behind it and a head with the battle-damaged face he has.
    B3e6b8a30507eb023ec84bb79ee834da--transformers-decepticons-decepticons-logo.jpg

Suprised MMC doesn't just at least reissue Kultur and an upgrade kit including all of this as well (excluding the cannon at least everything else should be included). if they wanted more stuff included they could include the phone from LL and the speakers and another mask that's scratched. tumblr_283698105eb7c08b94ac27b73458055a_83813db6_1280.jpg -xcmYRAR.jpg Du5_cWbUUAA3ngl.jpg

2. godotislate

godotislate S-Secret Police?!

News Credits:
    https://twitter.com/Lazyaza/status/1445238632684474371
    I'm curious about what these could be, but also whether MMC will have exclusives at all three of the upcoming TFCons, considering that they're all tightly bunched together, and there's CNY in between as well. Last time there was TFCon in March, MMC punted and sold penguins. I wouldn't be surprised if MMC had exclusives for only 1 or 2 of the 3.

3. User_121147

User_121147 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We will see, we've been lucky to get a lot of remolds for reformatted, while rmx and PS seems for the most part to get repaints. While mmc trys to put out 1 from mmc reformatted and 1 from Ocular max each con. I unfortunately agree with you that we might only get 1 for each con. Probably out of the 3 cons 2 Ocular max repaints and 1 reformatted remold.

I think reformatted OP repaints could be unlikely because that mold itself sells to well to have an exclusive. But maybe we'll get like a MMC transtech cheetor or blur from the chromedome figure, velocity maybe, eventhough that maybe to much retooling for her to get a con exclusives, she deserves a normal release. And Ocular Max can always repaint and acree and slap on a different head. I don't collect Ox ps or rmx so I don't really care.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
  4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Finally got in Cynicus and Anarchus, finally have the full DJD in hand and pics later. But I'm fiddling with Not-Vos and I think mine has a problem - the long end of the scope doesn't swing into alt. mode position, it keeps jamming and I'm worried I'm going to have to sand the edges and ruin the finish to get it to work. First time I've had an MMC product that's actually got a defect.

5. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    I am losing all my appreciation of MMC.

After receiving a flawed copy of Tortor from ShowZ (foot broken off out of the box, completely wrong thigh), ShowZ was unable to get a hold of MMC to fix this. So I contacted them myself and they said, no problem, pay us $10 for shipping. Which I did. They then failed to send the replacement part for over two months, and when they finally did, the package traveled for a month and reached me today. And guess what was in it?

The wrong. Fucking. Leg.

I am sorry, this is a $250 figure. These are not minor paint issues, they are broken parts and wrong parts. Unacceptable.

• Like Like x 1
  6. solskjaer

solskjaer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  7. User_121147

News Credits:
    I wonder with the hasbro kickstarter doing so well, if that will bring back life into more kickstarters for 3p companies. Like if MMC would be willing to try another kickstarter for another figure. Maybe something a bit on the smaller side, like idk.... Pharma, Skids, ratchet etc. etc. or cyclonus 2.0 reach a certain goal and they add in tailgate.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  8. User_136864

User_136864 Active Member

Or Nautica. :p 

• Like Like x 1
  9. Zipadeeart

Zipadeeart Active Member

Yes please! I want her so badly.

10. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

Sorry to hear about your troubles. In a similar instance, I had a paint chip on my MTMTE Tyrantron head and contacted them to get a new head. Waited a month or two only to get a new MTMTE head with a giant black smudge on the side of the helmet. I have not contacted them directly since, when possible I always go through my retailer. Hopefully you can contact them again and sort things out, Tortor is an amazing figure when he's properly built.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sammael

News Credits:
    The big difference is that you know Hasbro is going to be there at the end of 2022 and they are going to deliver. There is zero guarantee any 3rd party will survive that long.

12. User_121147

News Credits:
    MMC survived over 10 years now.
    Man I remember my grandpa getting me my 1st 3p figure, it was actually Mmc knight morpher-01 for my 13th b-day. Granted my collection is far different from my grandfather's G1 stuff, and my father gave me all his Bw, UT, RID, Victory, etc... and I love rewatching beast wars re-runs. But I feel there are a handful of 3p companies like MMC that can do kickstarters.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
  13. Sammael

News Credits:
    Fansproject was there for a very long time, but they went under. Besides, all it takes is a zealous Hasbro legal action, like what happened to some others. Sure, they may recover, but do you really want to bet on it?

14. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why do we think that MMC or other 3rd Party companies suddenly won't be here next year or Hasbro would suddenly take legal action?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Girl Pants

Girl Pants Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope we can get a cool redeco from MMC for TFcon this year. There's still a good few G2/Diaclone/etc redecos of existing molds that I'd be up for. Blue/Red Hoist, Blue Trailbreaker, Yellow/Blue/Green Cliffjumper, etc.

I think a crowdfund is unfortunately a way to end up forcing someone's hand regarding IP theft. Either the platform holder (like kickstarter) will drop the project out of fear of being sued themselves, or the notoriety of a crowdfund will put it out there so prominently that Hasbro basically has to shut it down.

• Like Like x 1
  16. TheGrognard

TheGrognard Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure FP is still around just under another name. I think they were behind the GoBots that came out recently, and there's a fair amount of talk that they're the guys behind Fans Hobby.

17. Dek

Dek Y R U Reading This?

But FansProject itself is dead. You can't get aftermarket help, or new pieces to replace broken pieces from them. They don't even answer email inquiries.

Will that happen to MMC? Probably not.

But people didn't think it would happen to FansProject either before it actually did.

As for Kickstarters...MMC tried something similar with their Fort Max and it received less than half of the number it needed. On the forums MMC and even FansToys seem like huge companies, but I doubt they do more than 7,000 - 10,000 pieces after all their runs. I think Feral Rex, one of MMC's most successful projects, had around 5,000 to 6,000 pieces for each member made when all as said and done. It was said anecdotally so I'm not sure how accurate those numbers are. But even if it was 10,000 units that's still woefully less than a Hasbro/TT MasterPiece run, and way less than their CHUGS and Legends scale production runs.

18. Agent Prime 2814

Agent Prime 2814 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    I think the lawsuits are based on things that actively hurt Hasbro and Takara's bottom line. Like the company announcing a 3rd party Unicron during the active fundraising from haslab on their own Unicron. It literally was taking sales away because people were canceling orders to go with the cheaper option. Now granted it came out anyways...but about a week after it was announced that company went dark. And was so for a while. Now we have haslab victory saber...notice planet x never went through with their victory leo, and was talk of a MMC Star Saber for a bit. Maybe in a year we will hear it again after time has passed. But it seems an unwritten rule with certain 3rd parties that hasbro leaves alone if you do not hurt the brand, do not compete with active projects they are planning, and do not take money away from the company.

19. Dek

Dek Y R U Reading This?

Well it's just dumb to infringe on an IP using Kickstarter. That's literally asking to profit off another's original idea. I think common sense says to not draw attention to IP infringement, whereas Kickstarter is all about drawing attention to what you're doing.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Jamiec1979

Jamiec1979 Well-Known Member

What do You collect? Because it sure seems it's not 3rd party. Sure 3rd party does infringe on Hastaks IP, But they also do orginal molds, give us characters hastak never would. So what is You're point? Why all the 3rd party hate?

• Like Like x 1