MMC Mastermind Creations Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Hybrid Style, Apr 12, 2013.

1. YukatanJack

YukatanJack Well-Known Member

Damnit. I love the Universe 2.0 Cyclonus mold, and I've been more or less content having him as my Lost Light Shelf Cyclonus with the upgrade kit that came with MakeToys Rear End until and unless MMC does one I actually like...

...but seeing how well Kingdom Cyclonus works scale-wise with Calidus and Memno makes me think I need an upgrade kit for it instead. Someone's got to make a 3D Printable one at the very least, right...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    At last, BBTS has notified me that MMC Vos and Kaon will be added to my PoL, meaning I should be able to get them shipped and in my hands by early next month. And then I'll finally have the full DJD crew.

Vos of course is a big question mark since I know the original run had breakage issues and they were supposedly fixed on this re-issue, but I've heard nothing on the subject even though every retailer OTHER than BBTS had long since gotten theirs.

3. Dudaisamazing

Dudaisamazing Well-Known Member

Probably, tfcon Toronto is in December... so if not next month in Baltimore they can do one in December... and then 3 months later in march there is TFcon LA. So in the next 5 months we'll have 3 TFcons.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Agent Prime 2814

Agent Prime 2814 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    if not a mmc exclusive between the 3 I would be ok with it. My wallet needs a breather from mentis, nox, reissue carnifex, and still trying to get the last djd member...

5. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Wreck N' Rule

News Credits:
    Gotcha. I only ask cause I'll be at Baltimore.

6. Dudaisamazing

Oh ok, Also MMC has an x amount of "TFcon exclusives" they make/keep for PSX online store. So for the pass 5 years all MMC TFcon exclusives have been available online while supplies last. I know because that how I've gotten them all.

• Like Like x 3
  7. crazyjw18

crazyjw18 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It figures, I had a preorder for both reissues at BBTS since they went up, but I finally got nervous enough about them getting them in that I just cancelled and went with Choosen Prime a few days ago. I've got both in hand now to finally complete my DJD.

I remembered that Vos had issues and handled him with kid gloves transforming him., A few points were worrying, especially the little clips that clip the backpack to his back, which both had stress marks at the base by the time I got it loose. I trimmed them down as much as I dared to to lessen the chances of them breaking. The other worrying spot was after inserting the big Feral Rex grip, it didn't want to let the legs separate easily. Those tabs on the grip probably need to be shaved down a tiny bit as well to lessen the force needed. So nothing broke, but I probably won't bother transforming him again as he is a pretty chunky gun anyhow and I already have the non-transforming rifles.

8. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    So, sounds like it won't be worth transforming Vos, which is just as well given I've got the non-transforming (if color inaccurate) one from Ni/Foxwire and he'll be in robot mode on display anyway.

9. bakerjin

bakerjin Well-Known Member

From what I understand, it's mainly the first run of Vos that had issues (supposedly a problem with a new factory or something?). I've heard reissues and the asterisk version are fine - my first run Vos broke on first transformation, but my Asterisk has been transformed several times with no issues at all. I'd expect the new reissues to be fine as well.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jamiec1979

Jamiec1979 Well-Known Member

I got the asterisk and it feels way better then the initial release.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    We haven't seen that much recently. Yes we have RUNG and we had getaway. But Getaway is just a retool of Rodimus. I remember when MMC had a bunch more going on than just a handful of figures.

Here's my obligitory wishlist

Pharma (either new mold or heavy retool of Lockdown)
    G2 Jhiaxus (retool of Senator Ratbat who is a retool of someone i can't remember)
    Pre Earth Dynobots (vehicle mode not dino mode)
    Tyrest (new mold)
    Magnus Maximus
    Ultra Magnus (with deluxe sized inner bot of Minimus Ambus)
    MTMTE Red Alert
    Pre Earth Ultra Magnus (from a spotlight)
    Prime Wars Leader sized Scorponok

12. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Deathsarus is still in development and there's Nemesis Optus Plexus, too.

Plus, I'm sure the global situation in production isn't helping matters. Multi-Billion dollar corporations are having trouble simply getting product moved, I can't imagine it's much easier for MMC at the moment.

13. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I thought they canceled their Star Saber and Deathsaurus. And I more meant something that isn't just a repaint or retool.

14. Dudaisamazing

Star Saber yes, both deathsaurus no

Are you only talking Mmc reformatted line? Because between all 5 of Mmc lines (R, PS, RMX, IF, U) we got a lot this year in releases. They said during Chinese new year that this year was the year of the OX... Ocular Max re-releases and some reformatted re-releases. New stuff well we had R- Optus Pexus in January, U- Stellarus in February, R- Getaway in March, IF- Eris in May, October R- Rung, October tfcon baltimore exclusives, December R- Nox, December tfcon Toronto exclusives.
    Then they re-releases so much stuff from Reformatted and Perfect Series. And then you have Covid and Delta virus playing a factor in everything.

Still confirmed happening for reformatted line: Idw deathsaurus, G1 Deathsaurus and Idw Fortmax.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Illiterate Scholar

Illiterate Scholar Well-Known Member

Are most of MMC's figures super poseable? I know Optus Pexus is on another level, but what about their other figures? I saw Jobby's review of Megatron and I'm impressed. I'm actually thinking of saying screw G1 and go IDW if their figures are all at this level.

16. ACMagnus

ACMagnus Phantom Thief

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    They're all mostly above average when compared to Generations figures. Definitely nothing on the level of OP, but still pretty dynamic.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Dudaisamazing

Yes, But put it this way MMC been around for about 10 years now, the figure ten years ago are very different engineering ways. They keep learning and updating as they go. But I have all the knight morphers/ reformatted / infinite finity and love them all and away taught MMC brought a new level to the game while keep prices at a nice level. But OP and Eris take articulation to a whole new level.

18. Illiterate Scholar

Illiterate Scholar Well-Known Member

Oh I totally understand. I don't intend to have a big collection, just a few iconic characters here and there.

19. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Yeah, Kultur is an absolutely iconic MMC figure simply because it exists, but it was one of their earliest and boy does it show. I'm sure if he was done today, he wouldn't have the design problem where his arm is severely restricted by mounting the double cannons as the back of the cannons collide with the bottom of his tread shoulders, for example.

20. tantrum

tantrum Northwest fan

Ebay:
    would someone be able to Scan the instructions for Fraudo for me, i seem to have lost mine.

Found the instructions, apparently they were not easily visible on the shelf i put them on

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 1