MMC KULTUR - IDW Tarn

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by bullettrain, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    Precisely. Thank you.

2. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    not my style of talk but i at least understand what you mean

um.....those figures aren't for me because they lack the essence of the name of which they are

• Like Like x 2
  3. Sonofadefro

Sonofadefro Don't waste food. I'll keel you

I want to give flame toys products a chance, but they are worth twice as much as MP figures. It's completely out of my reach. In my opinion, we may come to a point where we have so many transforming transformers and we can start accepting non-transforming alternatives. In the end, how my display looks matters more to me than what my figures can do(don't get me wrong, this matters ALOT to me as well). It's just that I have so many transformers now, with properly beautiful alt modes. I dont particularly care for tarn's tank mode. It doesn't resemble what I would call a tank, anyways. So if I were to get tarn, I don't mind getting him just for a perfect robot mode. But this price point is ridiculous. Honestly. :confused: 

4. redrum2581

Ebay:
    i will say this i didn't like the action masters concept simply bcuz they couldnt transform, though i will buy a jazz action master just to go with my jazz collection

5. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So about that Kultur...

Really surprised they never had an option for the other mask outside of Megs.

• Like Like x 1
  6. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Not sure why you'd be surprised given MMC still has 4 more DJD toys to release still. Any of those could have any number of bonus pack ins.

And most people want a new Tarn head for Kultur that has his scarred end of mtmte season 2 face not his pre-tarn inspired cyclops face as was the case with the one included with Tyran.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Hexatron

Hexatron Plastic crack junky

I've still been on the hunt for the glitch head that came with the SG-esque Kultur too :( 

^ he beat me too the head part haha

8. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't personally even care but just felt like steering conversation back to the figure the thread's about vs "Transformers b4 statues but not statues bc articulated bc trash." or whatever.

That'd be pretty rad.

• Like Like x 1
  9. col

col Artobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought I'd like the new head/faceplate for Kultur that came with their Megatron, but it actually didn’t look that good on Kultur to me. I think the round head behind the mask was distracting with how it didn’t mesh with the rest of the body.

10. Hexatron

Hexatron Plastic crack junky

I believe the head came with the Kultur convention repaint and the mask came with Megatron..... I could be wrong though.

11. col

col Artobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Kultur repaint did come with the head, and it also came with Megatron.

• Like Like x 1
  12. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    That's kinda the thing is the new head was first and foremost designed for Asterisk Kultur to serve as his Glitch inspired head since he was pulling double duty as Autobot Tarn and pre-Tarn Glitch reference wise. It only got made in the regular toys colors purely out of convenience of that being a low cost easy thing to do that would allow megs to have the late addition magnet feature with the two new masks having their little magnet features built in unlike the old mask that didn't. The head was of greater benefit to Tyran than it was to Kultur.

And that head wasn't the one people had been asking for so theirs no reason at all for mmc to produce it again with another release. The purple mask itself which was sculpt tweaked to be less flat may return however if mmc does make the proper season 2 head as I assume it won't need an entirely new third mask for itself if it happens.

Incidentally I've reminded the boss several times now about all the things people want to improve and add to kultur so I reminded him once again today that people still want that s2 head haha. It would be amazingly perfect if it came with Nickel and Pet but I still have no idea if it can or will. Feel like it would add a tremendous incentive to people picking them up besides furthering their DJD sets.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  13. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    This statement reminds me of the pantsformers, and why I don’t like them very much...

• Like Like x 3
  14. redrum2581

Ebay:
    well i don't need any incentives for that 2pk but i'll take everything you give me :D 

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lord Jinnai

Lord Jinnai Well-Known Member

Both look amazing in different ways seeing them side by side.

16. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Man, I’ve really been in a DJD mood lately (probably because the IF Tarn is releasing. Hope I can get my hands on it soon) so I’ve been fiddling with the MMC releases a lot.

Still love the figure, but I finally decided last night to fix the cannon, as the arm mount piece is one of the most annoying aspects of this guy for me.

Details aren’t correct yet, as this was a quick mock up on fusion 360 and a test print, but man, he feels better when the cannon doesn’t bump into his shoulder when bending the elbow.

CDABC7E7-23BA-43F6-9A94-0DA973EF9EC7.jpeg
    I’ll probably add all the details to it this weekend.

I really hope MMC will eventually release an upgrade kit for this. I would really like to see an actually accurate head, they’ve had two attempts at it so far and they both look wrong. I’d like to see some new extra hands as well. I really like this figure, so I’d love to see it be better.

Also, did anyone know the ankles compress down? I just realized it the other day.

• Like Like x 6
  17. SWAGE66

SWAGE66 I'm way more fun on Instagram

Gimme!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Prime time 101

Prime time 101 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Bro is that up on shape ways?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Isa0

Isa0 Well-Known Member

Seconded!

20. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Not yet. Gotta make some changes, but I’ll upload it when I finish this weekend

Certainly! once I get it to a point I’m reasonably happy with, I’ll toss it up on thingiverse or shapesays

• Like Like x 1