MMC KULTUR - IDW Tarn

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by bullettrain, Apr 19, 2015.

1. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    No. No flaws. Only thing I'd maybe be careful with is the very thin guns that poke up from his back, wouldn't wanna snap em or whatever.

2. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

Just found out the stock from kapow toys has gotten caught up in CNY. Gods know when I'll get mine now. I ordered with Kapow out of customer loyalty but honestly, I maybe should have gone with PSX to sate my impatience :/

Note Kapow's fault, just the holiday where EVERYTHING STOPS.

3. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    Finally unboxed mine last night after having him for a few weeks and I absolutely love this figure. One of the easiest transformations ever but he just looks so solid in both forms that I'm actually considering picking up a second one just to be able to display both his modes.

4. Aurawind

Aurawind Lazy Headmaster

Finally received mine after dealing with a load of BS from Canada Post. I'm so happy I finally got him! He's an amazing figure!

It was supposed to have been delivered on Feb 2nd on the same date I received Cynicus, but nope it was missing. Kultur's tracking was scanned the next town over on Jan 30th, 2 days before Cynicus hit the same town, it only took 1 day for Cynicus to arrive from the other town, but somehow I got Cynicus and not Kultur? I checked the next day and they stood behind the computer and told me: "The tracking says it's not here yet, you will have a notice in your box when it's here."

So then I call Canada Post customer service so they can find my damn package, and they tell me that the shipper needs to contact them to do an investigation, I'm like: "WTF!? I have all the information, just look for my damn package! It has nothing to do with the shipper, it's in Canada Post's hands!", but they were like "Nope." So the weekend hits and I send an email to PSX and let them know the BS that Canada Post want them to open an investigation, while hoping the package will show up on Monday.

Monday hits, nothing, Tuesday hits, nothing. Now I'm getting really tired of this, how can my package just disappear right before hitting the final destination!? It made it through all the road blocks, going through countries and customs, should be smooth sailing from there...doesn't make sense! So I drove down to the next town post office and asked them if they could find my package, I brought the box Cynicus came in and told them to look for the same box with the Mastermind Creations penguin tape on it. They actually looked instead of staying behind the computer looking at the tracking info, but they couldn't find it. They even took all my information and gave it to their supervisor.

The supervisor gave me a call this morning telling me that she looked for it again with the other employee and couldn't find it, she also told me that the packages for my town usually only just pass through their town. She called my post office and told them the situation and that I would need to call them. So I called them, and they just stood at the phone looking at the tracking, not even looking for the package and telling me that the tracking says it's not there.

Now I was pissed, picked up my box again and stormed up to my post office and asked them to look for it. The same old lady I talked to before stood behind the computer saying it wasn't there, but I got a different lady to look for it and then the fist one went back to look too. And lo and behold, the old lady actually found it. "Ohh I don't understand how that happened!?" and spouting all kinds of excuses why it didn't get delivered properly, no admitting of their fault or even apologizing. In the end I'm the one thanking them and apologizing for the trouble...sigh...

Well I finally have him now! I was starting to worry someone might have stolen him since he's so cool, lol! I guess the whole ordeal tested me too see how badly I wanted it...

20170208_121243.jpg

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Havocmech

Havocmech Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your postal misadventure. I hate it when parcels seem to (or on occasion actually do) drop down a black hole. On a lighter note, the disembodied heads behind Kultur in your photo are oddly appropriate.

• Like Like x 1
  6. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Now that I've handled one, I'm really upset that I missed out on the figure.

7. User_96283

User_96283 Banned

DSC_0052.JPG

8. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    The figure in the middle is the most overpriced figure of the year. On my recent trip to HK, the one on the right (Sovereign) was being sold at ActionRobo retail for less than USD 100 NEW. This is retail at the MOST expensive retailing city on earth in terms of rent(look it up). Western retailers are hugely marking up FT's products like crazy, but still an argument can be made that Sovereign is worth the 150 given its heft, number of parts, paint job, etc. MMC is just overcharging plain and simple.

9. User_96283

User_96283 Banned

Yeah, and you can spend 22k on a watch. Who cares. Buy it, or don't buy it. Talking about being overpriced is SO boring.
    And imo, this is definitely not overpriced at all at its $100 or so, unless you want to consider a thousand other figures being overpriced and much more so than Kultar.

10. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    It's really not that simple, though. A lot more goes into the price than the materials. We don't know what kind of deals FT and MMC have with their factories. We don't know what they paid for the designs. We don't know what MMC pays for the comics in their instruction books. We don't know what the production runs off Kultur vs Sovereign are (the larger the run, the more some of those other costs get spread out, lowering the cost per figure).

But if you really want simple, supply and demand, my friend. MMC can charge whatever they want, as long as people are willing to pay it. And judging by how fast he sold out, people are willing to pay it.

11. User_96283

User_96283 Banned

Zzzz.... Agreed /\, but see how talking about the price sucks the fun outa the room? Plus this conversation has been had a million times over in a million threads. What more is there to say unless you're getting really specific and comparing 2 figures that are very similar (Ex. Generation Toys Constructicons v Transformission Stunticons).

I'm in Canada... right now EVERYTHING seems expensive. But the heart wants what it wants, and it wants the most evil Decepticon horde it can muster.

12. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Also, 100 USD for Sovereign is a significant discount off his MSRP, while he's comparing that to Kultur's full price. That's not being discounted because currently Kultur on the market is rare as heck.

• Like Like x 1
  13. calubin175

calubin175 Well-Known Member

Wotafa rated the transformation technical level of Kultur as 4. Other than Rioter Despotron which was also a 4, are there any other good 3P figures with the same simplicity and durability?

I was thinking of Archenemy, but it hasn't been rated, looks a bit simpler than MP Inferno.

I may be one of the rare breeds of simple transforming collectors.

• Like Like x 1
  14. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd say that the Feral Rex components all hover around that same level of ease of use.

15. razingstorm

razingstorm Well-Known Member

Really the value of this figure is dependent on how much you like the character in the comics. He's $120, light as a Feralcon, less complicated than some RiD Deluxes. Objectively, you can get more for less in other figures--but you can't get Tarn, as this is the only game in town. Thankfully after The Dying of the Light, Tarn was way less awesome, and Roberts saved me $120. That said, this character looks very cool, and as a result has a large amount of fangirls/boys that can't wait to hold him.

What I don't like is the precedent this sets for Reformatted price-wise. $120 is too much for these figures. Carnifex was overpriced as well, but...I bought it because Overlord's got the touch. Tyrantron looks as simple as Kultur, with a bad alt mode. He's very pretty, and I love Milne's Megatron--but I'm having a hard time reconciling value vs. dollars spent on this line. These figures of this size shouldn't top $90 USD. There just isn't enough there.

• Like Like x 2
  16. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    He seems to be talking more about relative price compared to other similar products though, not complaining that third-party toys are expensive as a hobby.

17. lucas maximus

lucas maximus Need more Kain...

You could spend $200 on average for a Hot Toys figure, and that doesn't even transform. Bigger, yes, but still doesn't transform.
    Or $100 for a zangief figure that just went up for preorder, and is only slightly bigger than tarn, but still doesn't transform.
    Or play art kai figures that average over $100........and still don't transform....
    See where I'm going with this?

• Like Like x 2
  18. draconious380

draconious380 Well-Known Member

Don't forget about the massive amount of paint on Kultur, that's got to push up the pricetag.

19. razingstorm

razingstorm Well-Known Member

Right, but I'm also not upset about the prices of my favorite cereal because chips are expensive too. The point is the cereal is too expensive for what you get in the box. Pointing out other collectibles are expensive is immaterial. I'm talking about these figures in relation to similar figures. Maketoys' Rioter Despotron was 80 bucks. Tarn's 120. There is NOT 40 extra dollars of toy there. Comparing it to MMC's own figures, Hexatron was $135(?) and had 6 modes, was huge, came with excellent accessories, and wasn't exactly light--and now can be had for under $100 new. Any of the Feral Limbs were made of thicker materials, bristled with weapons and near perfect ratchets, and were $100 new (now less).

I get that people get defensive when someone suggests they wasted or are wanting to waste money. Indeed, it's their money and they will buy what they wish. I'm just suggesting people are gaga for this because they like "who" it is, not "what" it is; and "what" it is isn't--in my opinion--is priced fairly when compared to similar figures. Tremendous support for this kind of value/dollar reinforces future pricing for figures, which is my only concern.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

:lol