MMC KULTUR - IDW Tarn

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by bullettrain, Apr 19, 2015.

1. peddlerofwine

peddlerofwine Starscream's Robot Gun

I think Tarn would be a headmaster that uses the TR Galvatron mold or the TR Megatron/Blitwing mode. If they did do him.

2. cylor

cylor Well-Known Member

A remold of TR Megatron/Blitzwing wouldn't probably be too bad. Still, it is highly unlikely as it wasn't previously announced in the Transmission Podcast leaks/rumours, so I think people wanting a Tarn figure should get Kultur as it is still available.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    That's definitely true, I think it would be hard to do a bot mode any closer to Milne's design, but on the other hand if I can pay a fifth of the price for even half the quality that's not nothing.

I'll keep playing the lottery for an MMC figure. They've become one of my favorite companies to spectate.

4. peddlerofwine

peddlerofwine Starscream's Robot Gun

MMC kind of made me a quality snob, lol. The difference in quality is enough to make me a sad panda. I think if I passed on MMC's Tarn and got an official Tarn that was a remold of TR Galvatron, I would stop collecting.

• Like Like x 1
  5. NemesisGamer

NemesisGamer Bane of Your Wallet

So I have a question for the people that have Kultur, does anybody have stress marks on both the white parts of the biceps swivels. Mine has it on both and I am wondering if it is because the swivels are so tight?

6. malfet

malfet Tiny Plastic Robot

I lubed mine since moving them caused the shoulders to move too much, so no stress marks here.

7. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    You'd be missing out on one of the greatest comic based figures ever made, one of the most beautiful figures ever made and one of the most high quality figures ever made.

And I'd say you have about a 99% chance of never, ever, seeing a better representation of the character than this, not even from another 3p. If by some remote miracle hasbro decided to make him he'd A; look way way worse due to child safety laws interfering with the aesthetic design (Tarn NEEDS to have sharp edges and hard points to look right without question) and he'd not have his mask gimmick due to the size of the part and he'd suffer from all the usual hasbro drawbacks of weaker joints, cheaper materials, tonnes of gaps, limited posability etc.

Aka their is absolutely no reason at all to not get this guy if you want an incredible Tarn figure imo.

• Like Like x 3
  8. NemesisGamer

NemesisGamer Bane of Your Wallet

Oh OK and that doesn't make it too loose? What kind do you use?

9. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    While I'm not writing a sonnet for Kultur like Aza is here, I agree that you should get this guy if you want a Tarn, because he is very comic-accurate in terms of appearance and my transformation gripes aside, he is really good. That's not to say I don't think he could be BETTER (because he definitely could), but I don't see anyone else jumping to make DJD figures, so this is probably your best and only chance.

• Like Like x 2
  10. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

I'll like to add a Hasbro release will more than likely be a deluxe class figure, I personally can't see them making him a voyager class figure.

11. PostwarOcean

PostwarOcean Newb

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I would venture to guess, if Hasbro did a version of Tarn, it would probably be a repaint of something they already have out. Like the dozens of repaints we saw in the Combiner Wars set.

12. Megasquared

Megasquared Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Kultur is gonna to be my gold standard for 2017 3P products. He may or may not be my absolute favorite of 2017 since its only early Feb. but this figure is going to the set the pace for the whole year.

• Like Like x 1
  13. thrustjet24

thrustjet24 Little known member of the Rainmakers

Have Kultur on pre-order and Cynicus is on the way. Having trouble finding Anarchus though. I'll have to check eBay again. I hope MMC makes Nickel & the Pet someday. I need the full DJD team.

14. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn, a week ago BBTS had over 20 of Anarchus in stock.

Kultur really helped sell that guy. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  15. thrustjet24

thrustjet24 Little known member of the Rainmakers

Yeah. I was gonna order him on Wednesday but he was gone.

16. malfet

malfet Tiny Plastic Robot

I use 80 weight silicone shock oil (commonly used in RC cars; I purchased from my local hobby shop), like a lot of folks here. There's a really good thread on the forums about loosening tight joints with the stuff [link]. Its very slippery, so you don't use much. Basically, you apply the smallest amount as possible, move the joint to spread it around, and keep applying in small amounts until you reach the desired looseness.

• Like Like x 1
  17. mtblanks

mtblanks Champion of the sun

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Thank you for this. My bicep swivels are super tight, too.

(I was also afraid to Google "lube for toys".)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't know why you'd be afraid to look up lube for OH MY FREAKING GOD!!!!!!!:eek: 

• Like Like x 2
  19. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    And if we get all them upgrades for Kultur he's only gonna get that much more awesome. Seems rather silly for any company to even try competing at this point. Like how MP10's replacement would have to be something monumentally special.

• Like Like x 2
  20. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    I know Kultur is the reason I bought mine. The DJD were always on my "maybe eventually" list but never a priority, but Kultur jumped Anarchus and Cynicus to the top of my list.

Cynicus is still sitting in my stack, but Anarchus arrived yesterday. He's... OK. Like Kultur, he's an excellent likeness for his comic book inspiration, but he doesn't feel as sturdy and a limited waist swivel and lack of proper thigh swivels hurts him more than Kultur's cannons and shoulders, plus he holds his gun kind of poorly.