MMC KM-03 New Pictures

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by masishadow, Apr 2, 2012.

1. masishadow

masishadow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I wish I could like this mold... I really do... but I don't. I hate that I don't!

3. masishadow

News Credits:
    I understand people not liking it for various reasons...size, pose-ability, nicheness, price, but I really hope it does well enough for them to see continued interest in the KM-0X line. Sidecutter has made the comment that this was not doing so well in preorders, and I don't want to see this as a "well, we tried, but let's never do that again," kind of thing.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  4. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it's just the pricetag, really.

There's this weird mental barrier a lot of the commentary seems to have, where people seem to think that 3rd Party toys should never pass the $100 mark.

Whatever. I've got him pre-ordered. The price isn't any different then what I paid for Masterpiece Grimlock, and Shocky here's about the same size.

5. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    I think people are just doing a "wait and see" thing on it. I know I am. Just need to see someone fiddle with the thing on camera. Not willing to be the canary in the coal mine this time. I'm not saying it'll sell great, but it's definitely too early to know anything.

These pictures turn me on more more than the last few. Certainly the colors- which are nice- have something to do with it, but it's also that these are taken from his "good" side- that being his left. His right shoulder is going to piss me off, I can feel it.

That alt mode-particularly the anchor- is sex, though. Total sex.

6. masishadow

News Credits:
    Yeah, I feel that this justifies it's pricetag more than MP-11 did though, but I got that anyways.

I completely agree with ya on the QC issue, Billzilla. I think that a high pricetag + MMC having crappy QC on their first release, even though they fixed the mold (and thus far only releasing repaints) should be taken with caution (sleep-deprived brain just spelled it quation...wtf.) Be practicing this caution with TFC and Xovergen for their next releases also. Short of multiple reviews, the safest thing to do is to buy them from a reliable retailer, but that makes me think about MP-09 version 1.

7. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Price isn't a thing at all, because it's not "expensive"... for me it's just the overall size mixed with "clunky" aesthetic of it.

I don't think low sells on this would stop any future products, because they've already done the KMCs, and have the seeker mold even coming in multiple sizes. I think the KMC and HOS Seeker mods they've got are rockin'.

There's not one line where I'm just in love with every single mold, and unfortunately this Shockwave is just the "meh" of this series so far for me.

8. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    The "big clunky aesthetic" is what sells this thing for me. That's just what Steampunk's all about.

9. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Great. Buy me one too. I'll love it for free.

10. masishadow

News Credits:
    Alt mode's got me hooked. That right arm and shoulder, however accurate...just bugs me though.

11. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Hey man, you say you don't like it, so I won't try to do anything to coerce you otherwise :p .

12. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Nope, you already started it man! :lol 

I'm hoping it grows on me though, because I'd like to have a complete HOS lineup.

13. daytimeninja

daytimeninja Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hell yes! Can't wait to get my hands on this!

14. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd cancelled my pre-order on this due to second thoughts over the price...but these pics made me go back and pre-order. This thing is just too cool to pass on, especially with the relative lack of new stuff that I'm interested in coming out between now and the fall.

15. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Too big, too clunky, costs too much. I also want to like it but I just don't. The HOS line as a whole isn't really enticing me past the HOS Prime.

I still want insecticon trains, though.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  16. samtastic

samtastic Herald of Wheelie

HOT!!!!

17. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Oh I need this toy. I love the HOS line.

18. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the ship design, love the chunky transformed look, I even love the color... but this does not scream Shockwave to me.

Unfortunately the prob with these steam punk designs is that they don't always look so great in parity with robot designs obviously created with a more 'hi-tech' aesthetic in mind. For instance Shockwave's blocky head and monocular eye are too out of step with the throwback look of a paddle driven military craft, so as to make the whole affair seem too absurd to be settling to the eye. Of course this is owed more to the 'incorrectness' (for lack of a better word) of sandwiching Shockwave into this look to begin with, but when made into a toy the absurdity of it is merely compounded.

19. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    Oh man, it's as big as Masterpiece Grimlock. Fantastic!

Please, please, please be better than Knight Morpher 01, quality-wise. Please!

20. IaconStargazer

IaconStargazer Maximal

It's difficult for me to resist this, but not impossible. But man, does it look nice - the vehicle mode even has a deployable anchor!

A curiosity, though: About how big is Shockwave (or "Cyclops" here) meant to be in the comics, given his ironclad alt mode? It's already impressive that he's around Masterpiece-size, but I'm just wondering if he would have to be bigger or smaller than that to be in a more correct scale with them. (And yes, I know - completely different toylines.)