MMC Hexatron Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by Kuma Style, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll post the pictorial/written up when I finish it.

Pictorial Review:

Note that some pictures may be a bit larger in size. IF this becomes a bother for some, let me know and I will try to adjust them.

[​IMG]

The first thing that pops out about this guy is the insane amount of detailing. Head-to-toe, you’re getting a toy that may be “classics” in terms of sizing (9″), but the sheer amount of detailing is pretty much on a level above any Transformers toy out there, period. The plastic quality is actually BETTER than the majority of the mainline Transformers toys out there, and, while not extremely heavy in weight, you get a very solid feel to him.

Even on this prototype copy, the paint applications are done extremely well. The colors are not final, but it does represent the paint applications themselves, which look to be very well done, not only in terms of the application itself, but WHERE the applications are placed. The “Tron-like” highlights throughout the figure do a great job of breaking up the standard colors and bringing “life” to iy.

The articulation on this toy in robot mode is a dream come true. The articulation is definitely geared more towards the Masterpiece class of official transformers, but there are small things like having a “peg” area indented into the palm even WITH articulated fingers so that you don’t have to depend on those solely to hold his weapons. It’s like they went and did research on every complaint or want from every Transformers toy line and put that feedback into this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hexatron features the same six modes that he featured in the cartoon and original toy. Those modes are: Robot, APC (Armored Personel Carrier), Star Fighter, Tank, Laser Blaster, and winged wolf. All of these are great for showing off the intense detailing of this toy, as well as the great eye for engineering that the Mastermind Creations crew has.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, you have an homage to an awesome character done in the form of one of the best Transformers-styled toys ever made. The choice here is easy, but at the same time, no toy is for everyone. Personally though, I would recommend this to Transformers fans, and fans of high-end collectibles alike. It’s just plain good.

Overall Score: 9.5/10​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2013
  2. Lanson

Lanson Well-Known Member

great review TJ. Now im swayed. He looks really good.

3. Prime Evil

Prime Evil Renegade

Sooo awesome! I cant wait for this figure!

4. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    What, how did you get this so early?

5. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    It's a prototype that they sent him.

6. archieboy

archieboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the review, TJ. Not finished with it yet, but looking awesome so far. I'm just at the part where you showed how the hand grip works.

You see that Xovergen? That's how you design a proper weapon grip for articulated hands.

7. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Make sure you watch it to the end…

8. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

Great review! I've been waiting for a while for this one. The wait was worth it. looks like SixShot's proportions are better than the prototypes....?

9. Prime Evil

Prime Evil Renegade

Btw, APC should stand for "armored personel carrier". It was always my least fav mode of the six.

10. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

Does the tank treads have wheels?

11. MasterpieceMP33

MasterpieceMP33 Well-Known Member

Sweet review.

Articulated fingers are definately welcome. The molding and color choices are perfect IMO. April cant get here soon enough.

12. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Love that the helmet comes off. So very MMC.

13. Logicfry

Logicfry Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So the head under the helmet is Greatshot?

14. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    So glad I pre-ordered this.

15. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I certainly hope the WFC-esque Tron-lines make it to the production version. They do a great job of breaking up the large blocks of colours, and also downplaying the plethora of sculpted detail on him. Plus, since his alt-modes can't possibly pass for Earth-mode anything, it provides a bit of continuity with how Cybertronian modes tend to be portrayed nowadays.

That was the colourscheme that I voted for back when they put it up to vote, and if it carries through, I'm glad to see that they changed their minds, since the bland G1 scheme won out.

Anybody want to tell me what the unmasked head is about?

16. archieboy

archieboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm just guessing, but I think the three versions (Sixshot, Greatshot, and Shadowmaru) would share the same face so production would be more efficient (?).

I love the bot and jet modes, and I find the tank mode to be the weakest. Looks like a very solid figure, but due to budget constraints, I think I will only buy the Shadowmaru version. I'm pretty stoked that the face pretty much confirms that Shadowmaru will be released.

17. Liminality

Liminality Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks TJ for the awesome review!
    Seems like this is another one which feels better in hand than in photos. I can see why you really like this guy.
    I love the articulation and poseability of this guy. The helmet part at the end was a deal sweetener. I went from a "no" to a "maybe".

However, I still have some issues with this toy, albeit mostly an issue of personal taste:

1. I don't like MMC's artistic take on Sixshot. I really loved the clean look of the G1 toy vs too much detailing on Hexatron.

2. The wolf head is really small and the part at the back if his neck makes it look hunch-back. That saying, the articulation on the wolf head and front shoulders are big plus points.

3. The guns and sword sheaths move about / don't seem to hold well in alt modes. When your hands brush past them they wobble and shift.

All in all, awesome toy and review! I will want to see this in person before committing.

18. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    just awesome, one of the things I more wait for this year :) 

19. ryu hayabusha

ryu hayabusha Well-Known Member

this was frikkin awesome, he is SIXSHOT to a tee. my pre-order cant come quick enough..he will be a force to be reckon with in my decepticon army...removable helmet...joygasm:drool: 

20. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    Wow!

The way forward send your proto's to TJ :) 

was actually waiting for this to be released to see reviews before buying but you have just laid any fears to rest cheers :D  aaaand off to pre order :D