MMC Feral Rex Mega Thread (Predaking)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Jigga, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Wu Jen

Wu Jen Some old nobody

[​IMG]

2. Mr_K

Mr_K Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That pic is my computer wallpaper ;)  too much anticipation? I think not :p 

3. nobudius

nobudius Well-Known Member

Agree w/ most of what you said.

Something that the Third Party companies should consider as their operations keep getting successful / bigger. I'm sure they have - to a certain extent by now in theory, if not in practice.

Having a dept. or someone (an influencer in our hobby perhaps) engaging the target audience could do wonders for them in the long run. If done right, of course.

A GREAT example of this was with Fans Toys / Quakewave. A level of trust was built due to these guys actively taking part in overall feedback & releasing new information. Their foray into the third party domain has been pretty successful from the looks of it, and some of that has to do with their level of communication.

It doesn't hurt for a company to show a pulse.

4. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A gambling man I see...

Even if you were BTSToys or Xovergen?

If they actually operated like a traditional business, then that'd probably be the smart plan.

But most of these groups are still more-or-less after work/school hobbyists, just getting together with their chums and trying to make a bit of change on their collective interest. That usual methodology doesn't really tend to supply you with foreign business contacts.

Beyond that, it's still their project to deal with as they please. You know the saying about too many chefs spoiling the cooking?

5. Astronopolis

Astronopolis Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah! And don't trust anyone over 30! :rolleyes: 

6. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):

Quakewave might be an okay example, but you missed that Takara snagged Soundwave's ROI from under FansToys...

7. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    Who can really say if that was planned or not, though? Yes, I know what it looks like- it looks like Takara got mad and pushed a soundwave out to smack FT down.. but it really could have just been bad luck that put FT in the path of that freight train. We had been begging Takara for a soundwave for years at that point after all.

It's not like being spiteful is standard practice for them. They let FPJ completely sell out of Springers and Ultra Magnuses many times before they revisted those characters. They let iGear sell a shitload of Faith Leaders and PP-03s before they put a stop to it by releasing their own "better" version. They let two whole Devastators come and go.

8. nobudius

nobudius Well-Known Member

It was more than "okay," at least for me. Quakewave wasn't even on my radar of things to get until their very own thread. Initially, there was no way in hell I was going to throw 150 bucks at them until I saw/heard more. They did a pretty good job of answering any questions I had w the pics/posts/reviews.

As for MP Soundwave, I chalk that one up to really bad timing for Fans Toys - very unfortunate.

But back on topic w the thread, I think I'm looking forward to Razorclaw more than the actual combiner. Loved the character (how he doesn't move unless it's necessary), but his G1 toy was a terrible letdown.

9. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

I realize this is in completely the wrong place, but intimidator is going to be MUCH shorter than that. He's going to be roughly leader sized based on what we've seen of the individual bots, quite a bit smaller than giant.

Also, please more feralcons reveals now okay?

10. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    Original teaser showed Intimidator at 11.5 inches. No reason to believe that isn't still the case.

11. Theprimeoflegen

Theprimeoflegen Til all are gone!!!!!!

I belive he will be half an inch shorter as he stands 11.5 inches tall.

12. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know, right?

I still don't understand why many of these guys have Facebook accounts, seeing that they had no intentions of really using them.

Updating one's own web page can be daunting, for sure, but for a company to leave it be with no updates whatsoever for months is pretty stupid. Why should anyone put money into anything based on faith, especially when all you have to go on is a silhouette, gossip and no official showing:eek: 

Is it really that hard to give an update once a month (at the very least)?

I think what these guys did was fantastic (even if not successful), but they went beyond what I was asking for, and there's nothing wrong with that:thumb 
    Not many people want to be their own boss due to all the high risks involved--it's far easier to work for someone else. Business is risky, sometimes you win sometimes you lose. If you aren't willing to roll the dice, you shouldn't be playing the game, my man.

We all know there's a market for the items 3PC have to offer. If you've got the creative minds on your side, and the means to go to production, why wouldn't you do it to the fullest? Fansproject has been at this what? Seven years now? Go all in or GTFO:lol 

Their hobby might have brought them here, but they've turned it into a profitable business. Luck might have played a factor in the beginning, but what we're continually seeing isn't luck, but know-how.

I don't doubt that cultural difference played a huge part in their execution--you do what you know, right? I don't fault them for that. I'm just a little taken aback by a company going global with a domestic strategy in hand--what one does at home isn't always appropriate elsewhere. At the very least, they should be using English to bring them closer to their international markets. Do they only use English behind closed doors and conventions?

Yes, I do, but I think this is more like someone not seeing the forest for the trees.

?

13. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  14. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :(  Do not like. That side shot leaves much to be desired. I hope they fix that head.

EDIT:

I wonder if it looks better painted...

15. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    really? well to each there own…something about MMC's designs have always hit me just right. this is no exception.

i think it looks badassed

16. The Crow

The Crow ARK BUILDER!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree! I love it!! Leaves UT in the dust!!!

17. originaljk

originaljk Technobot

Can anyone enlighten us to the changes that were made to Talon? I know people were not happy with the head but I personally liked the look of the figure before.

18. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only thing that bugs me is that it looks like a humanoid with wings, rather than a bird.
    Probably because it IS, but still.
    I'll never display them in beast modes though, so it's no big deal. More curious about the head change as I really liked the original.

19. kaizen3121

kaizen3121 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed. Talon looks better every time i see him. Everything about him says "I'm a boss"

20. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's what I see too.

I had hoped Divebomb would have a transformation that looked a little more complicated than this (and his head, from the side, looks a little too flat):

[​IMG]

But, like Astronut, I'll most likely leave these guys in combined mode, though individual bot modes should be fun too.