MMC Feral Rex Mega Thread (Predaking)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Jigga, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Jigga

Jigga Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I try to do my best to keep the original post updated, thanks.

Smog have you thought about ordering from A3U based in Vancouver, BC or even Automaton toys based out of your backyard in Quebec? They all offer the promo pricing for the figure and should take away your concerns about custom fees and higher shipping. I've order from both companies in the past when I used to live in Canada.

2. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    13% tax

3. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Baka Mitai

And now I'm trying to figure out what kind of band Predaking would be. Obviously Metal, but Heavy, Death, or even Symphonic (like Blind Guardian or Rhapsody)? I'm leaning towards Symphonic myself, just because.

4. Megatronus27

Megatronus27 Well-Known Member

MMC... Please remove early bird specials. They are WAY too much trouble than they are worth. Even when saving fans money we are not happy. Please feel free to charge us more.

5. bacon4e

bacon4e Resident Cheesehead

^ shhhhhhhhhh! No! Charge less period instead early bird specials! Not More!

6. MasterxBlaster

MasterxBlaster THUGFORMER

News Credits:
    Feral Rex's Awesomeness is driving people insane... Cure=don't slow down on the Plastic Crack, STAY ACTIVE COLLECTORS:dj 

7. Megatronus27

Megatronus27 Well-Known Member

Sorry everyone, but its human nature to not appreciate what we have. We only miss it when its gone (like our money!). Sad... but true.

Maybe I should cancel my preorders just to re-order at full price?

8. kjyl

kjyl I'm a shark.

It is not a false binary, it is literally the two choices you have.

1)pre-order and get discount based on the info you have.

or

2)do not pre-order and do not get a discount, based on the info you have.

Now there are subsets of 2), never buy, buy later, whine about it on the internet ect. But all of these (with the exception of whine about it on the internet because really, that is a subset of both) are a subset of 2).

You can wish to the stars that you could wait to purchase until you see the whole combiner or you get in hand reviews or what ever, and here is the good news! You can wait! You just will not get the early bird discount.

MMC is basically saying " Hey we make cool toys and this one will be cool as well, here are some pics and a silhouette or two if you pre-order it now we will give you a bit off. Or if you want to wait that is cool, you can by the toy any way just at full price"

There is no force, there is a reward for ordering early but no penalty for ordering later.

Your response seems to be "But I want both and you are a bad company for not giving it to me"

Which seems really to be the epitome of the entitled toy collector.

9. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    For those who want their cake and eat it to. Remember, the cake is a lie.

10. Felixman

Felixman Well-Known Member

To the Inferno with the cake, I want plastic depictions of shape-changing robot animals! :p 

11. Jigga

Jigga Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ain't that the truth about living in Canada, lol. Government has to pay for health care for people somehow lol. That's the good part about living in Asia now, the price you see is the price you pay. There's no sale taxes

Yes I feel the early bird discount is more of a reward for people that have already made up their mind if they want to take this journey and purchase Feral Rex. And like you said, for all those other that haven't made up their mind and want to see more. Then some of the earlier pre-orders will have to be bought at regular price. But all the bots are staggered so you may be able to catch the discount on the later pre-orders.

12. kjyl

kjyl I'm a shark.

HEY! Do not mock! This is serious business on par with buying a house! If you make the wrong choice MMC will kill a kitten.

13. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The isssue being discussed here, and the thing that's getting blown way out of proportions - even for a forum, is that the price is lower now when there is less info.
    No, the issue is NOT that the price is lower (just have to repeat that, so nobody misunderstands it again, and this whole debacle starts over), it's that we - in a time of unprecedented 3rd party products on the horizon - are tempted to buy before we know "enough".
    TFC didn't do that, and the figures even remained the same price after release. After the first was released we all pretty much knew there was no real reason to order before we had all the info needed.

Anyway, I don't personally mind this tactic MMC is using. I have faith in their products and will gladly jump in early to save some bucks in this crazy 3P period. That doesn't mean SMOG doesn't have a point, however, and it doesn't mean he's acting "entitled", or whining or any of the other bizarre things he's being accused of. He has great points. Points we should all consider in this hobby, because we more often than not throw money at a silhouette and expect it to make sweet, gentle love to us, rather than flipping us around and going dry bareback into the sunset, fast.

14. Felixman

Felixman Well-Known Member

BAH! Cats reproduce at an impressive rate and are prolific hunters, willing to take any prey they feel they can overpower. I'll risk the one-of-millions kitten to get a once-in-a-decade toy. ;) 

15. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

+ 1 Rep Astronut.
    + 1 Rep SMOG

Btw SMOG, that sig of yours is hilarious.

16. Kilowog

Kilowog ORA ORA ORA

Ebay:
    Yes, but 'Is Mogombo pleased with it?' is the question

17. Predakign2000

Predakign2000 Transformers Fan Since 1984

Ok I looked on my preorder page and didn't see how to do this. Could someone please enlighten me? Much thanks!!!

Oh and BTW I am sooooooo loving loving loving both Predakings!!!!! Might have to get both!!!!

18. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's the first I've heard of it, TFSource still has a no cancellation policy on pre-orders up on their site. I had to email them last week, is this something new that just happened this week?

19. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't find it either, though I already paid so IDK if that has to do with it.

20. dominusveritas

dominusveritas Arizonacon™

News Credits:
    It's a stack feature as near as I can tell. If you've already paid then you won't be able to take advantage of it I think.