MMC Feral Rex Mega Thread (Predaking)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Jigga, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Dek

Dek Y R U Reading This?

The other parts were for Bovis and Fortis if one of the elbows was put in backwards.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Predarican

Predarican Top Gunner G1er

Ebay:
    Crotch for Bovis, replacement elbows if i remember correctly were also for Bovis because the first one's were know the shred. The three pic you put up were just filler arm pieces, there really wasn't a "This belongs to that bot".

Found it

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2021
  3. mrspingly

mrspingly Well-Known Member

Thank you, both! I shall go and investigate Bovis now.

4. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Re: Bovis. Note that the replacement piece has a small crescent-shaped "plate" right below the lower screw-hole. That is the "updated" mold. The 1st run didn't have that little crescent bit. If your Bovis already has that updated piece installed, then it should also already have the updated/fixed elbows.

5. mrspingly

It didn't have that piece installed and I have swapped them over. Was there a structural reason for it? It doesn't line up quite as well as the original, and I didn't notice any problems with the joints being too tight or loose.

The elbows seem fine too, even though they perhaps haven't been changed over.

I combined them to Feral Rex for the first time yesterday. He's okay, but loose in places. Standing him up, Razorclaw's legs retract fully. Picking him up, Razorclaw's legs drop down. He also seems to want to fall over backwards.

I found the forced wide stance rather ugly, and I just tried a little experiment. I have removed the rear legs of the leg bots! Feral Rex can now stand more sensibly, and it's improved that falling over backwards situation too. I think that it looks better. I shall ponder whether to keep it like this, and whether to remove Rampage's rear legs too, on principle.

MMC_Predaking_modified_legs.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2021
  6. David Hingtgen

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, tip/warning to those new to Feral Rex:

Bovis' and Fortis' melee weapons are quite finicky to put in their hands. Risk of breakage is high if you force them. There's very much a knack to it, you kinda "slip and twist and rotate" them in, all at the same time. Start with them SIDEWAYS, then rotate to face forwards. See here:

Timestamp hopefully works, but if not---8:12 in or so

• Like Like x 1
  7. FiVE1ZERO

FiVE1ZERO ** bLaH-BLAAh-BlaHH-BLAAaAAH!.!!! **

Lol what a walk down memory lane! All this talk brings back to the days when 3rd party got my attention with Rex which I still own to this day but is in storage. I honestly think I can sell everything off including the FT stuff but would still hold on to Rex regardless.

@David Hingtgen Man I totally remember that video! I blame @Peaugh for getting me hooked,line and sinker on Rex lol. I remember thinking to myself back then,"Man it's $100 per bot.!" And that's like nothing by today's standards lol

• Like Like x 4
  8. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Following proto

I de-combined my Feral Rex a month or two ago and it has reinvigorated my love for the set. I think Bovis and Fortis are my favorites.

Bovis2021 copy.jpg
    Fortis2021 copy.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. David Hingtgen

News Credits:
    I just re-combined mine like a month or two ago. (They had been individual members hanging around the room since like COVID hit)

10. FiVE1ZERO

FiVE1ZERO ** bLaH-BLAAh-BlaHH-BLAAaAAH!.!!! **

@lordcryotek My favorite from the set has to be hands down Talon/Divebomb. I just love the overall design of him in all 3 modes. I remember back then when he came out ppl (including myself) were complaining about his bird feet as they were suppose to be black but ended up being gray plastic instead. I could've sworn there was a member here who casted the bird feet in black and we're selling them. Also just to share with you how much I love the Talon mold I actually own 3 Copies of him (2 Feral/1 Nero) lol.

• Like Like x 2
  11. insert clever name

insert clever name Well-Known Member

let me guess, you're from the bay

12. David Hingtgen

News Credits:
    Black feet do exist, but IIRC the molding turned out fairly poor and they were never offered for sale, just a few test copies exist.

13. mrspingly

Feral Rex is good, but for me this is still the best Predaking!

predacons_3.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    :eek: