MMC Feral Rex Mega Thread (Predaking)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Jigga, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Dek

Dek Y R U Reading This?

Why? Is something coming up or happening inside the Transformers franchise?

2. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think he's insinuating that Combiner Wars will deliver, and make everyone freak out and sell their expensive 3P figures.

Doubtful! But funny.

3. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Combiner Wars?? LOL. Not even close. We'll see whether people think it's funny later this year ;) 

4. worldsgreatest

News Credits:
    I'm in suspense!!

5. coldbotman

coldbotman Well-Known Member

Curious about what it could be? Copyright infringement and Hasbro finally taking action? eBay will no longer allow people to buy and sell 3rd party items? Why would people all of a sudden stop collecting TF or 3rd party TF? Other than the end of the world, WWIII, I can't see of any reasons why the market for TF will stop.

6. Dek

Dek Y R U Reading This?

Seriously, why so ominous and cryptic? If you think, or know something is up why not tell us so we can prepare or whatever we have to do? I don't doubt you know something, they're so no reason for me to other than cynicism so it's not that I need you to prove it to me.

Either way I can't really think of anything that the Transformers can do to make me stop collecting the few left that I want, other than an endorsement of pedophilia through any or all their media, so I'm reasonably sure that I'll be holding onto mine.

But if you do know something please share.

7. worldsgreatest

News Credits:
    I think he's trying to prepare us for our imminent robot overlords.

8. Dek

Dek Y R U Reading This?

Please, like the Terminator franchise hasn't already done that. We've got Christian Bale on our side, and Batman can beat anybody. Even Megatron or Galvatron. There I said it, so now it's canon.

9. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    Me too! I'm waiting for Felisaber to arrive first!

10. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:

I've Uranos and Feral Rex. Maybe you see something i don't but IMO selling FR to get Uranos is a step backwards

11. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator

News Credits:
    Nice - I'm not brave enough to make little alterations to my stuff, but at least I can appreciate it when others do! :D 

World War 3? Will I have to sell my collection off to hoard a little bit of money in order to barter for tins of dog meat? Surely someone will still want to buy my stuff as we all die of radiation poisoning etc.?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  12. Zavien

Zavien Veteran

News Credits:
    I see what you are saying as I to have Rex and Ares and figured I really only need one pking and could sell the other to go towards something new and diff

13. Dek

Dek Y R U Reading This?

If you think you'll like Uranos more than go for it. No one is obligated to keep Rex if they feel they're not enjoying him as much as they might something else. You don't have anything to justify to us. I hope you like your Defensor, (you did say you were getting him too, right?) TFC seems to be making a nice one.

14. Dr. Killinger

Dr. Killinger Plastic Surgeon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I do love Uranos, and having all three Predakings and Uranos, I would rather sell TFCs Pred for Uranos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What he said is people would "sell" their TFs. All your theories lean more to stop buying which isn't to the same degree.

I've been trying to think of what could bet people to sell. Some things like massive medical bills for their kids wouldn't apply large scale. A fully operational 1:1 scale Optimus maybe? The only rumors I'm aware of for figures would be the titan scale Devastator and an FT Omega Supreme, but those would likely be around $150-200 and ~$500, so not really a large scale sell off to get. Plus 1 other $150 or so figure that I've heard rumors of that I can't talk on.

16. Dek

Dek Y R U Reading This?

But he also made it sound like it would happen out of disgust. Plus I don't think the vast majority would sell a large portion of their collections all at the same time over FanToys Omega Supreme. I'm sure it would be nice, but the vast majority wouldn't dump their collections to get it. Maybe an item here or there, but not to the extremes he was implying.

17. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    eh even if a better rex came out i dont see me expending the energy to sell him. in the case of something like CW id probably just buy the Hasbro one and keep them both.

18. Dek

Dek Y R U Reading This?

I personally don't see how a better product can come out that would make me think I would need to get rid of Rex. It might be better, but will it be that much better? I look at Marvel Legends for this. I have Face Off Hulk and though many others have said better versions have come out I don't ever need them as he is the one for me. An upgrade doesn't mean much if you like what you have.

And before the Masterpiece version of Predaking argument gets thrown around, I don't like Masterpieces. Too little for too much money in my mind. I don't need a Prowl from the cartoon if I can get a decent updated version for 50 dollars less. The last MP I bought was Grimlock, because he had all the bells and whistles, some worked better than others (looking at you tail whipping action.) The next one I'll get is Star Saber becomes he comes jam packed with play features: a little guy, a robot, a super robot, and two jet modes. I know nothing about the character outside of IDW and TFWiki but man he looks like fun. And that makes me think I'm getting the most bang for my buck in a Masterpiece.

19. coldbotman

coldbotman Well-Known Member

He said people will have plenty of reasons to sell their Tfs. I read it as and reply with an extreme scenarios cause I really don't get why people would all of a sudden want to sell off their collection. Even if a new product was to come along, that doesn't mean that people will all of a sudden sell their collection off to buy it. I know I wouldn't. I add to my collections and rarely do I subtract from it. A new product that can be miss? I buy that and keep my Rex.

As for the guy that's planning on selling Rex to get Uranos, I totally understand the decision. You can get more for Rex than you would for Ares. Plain fact. If he does get $575, not only can he get Uranos but probably also have enough for two limbs for the TFC Defensor. It's not like you can do the same for any of the TFC combines and one of the reasons I don't collect TFC. They are like cars, once you purchase them or drive it off the lot, you can almost never recover what you originally pay for them.

20. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    Well, actually ... You can get (some) MP's for around 50 dollars are less. Think I paid about 45 or so for Smokescreen and the like. Get them from Japanese sites like AmiAmi and/or HLJ - even with EMS shipping of equals less than what you'd pay at any US retailer. And funny as this sounds - Japan+EMS shipping gets to my house faster than US retailers do!

Haha I love that analogy too. Usually always the case!*

I still really want Uranos too though ...

*except in rare circumstances where some cars retain their value