MMC Feral Rex Mega Thread (Predaking)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Jigga, Jul 28, 2012.

1. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    I think if nothing else, next time MMC will be sure the colors on their renders are more "representative". :)  I do hope the final shade of orange on all the bots are like Zambot's tweak---it's a really good shade, and goes great with the deep red. I do wonder how Talon would look in those hues--his render is much lighter/brighter.

I've also realized that Headstrong is going to have the worst time by far at not looking KO/McD's, as he is primarily yellow/gold with red accents. I will be OK with rather significant alterations to his color scheme. I trust MMC will do their best to make it look good in all 3 modes, color-wise. Maybe accentuate/increase the silver? The original had some pretty large silver stickers in every mode, and it especially helped break up the "giant solid block of yellow" of his beast-mode back.

IMHO Headstrong had the worst scheme of the group, in pretty much every mode. Rearranging his could only be for the better. Maybe going with more black, less yellow? Keeping the beast head and legs red, but going to a mostly black body with yellow accents? He'd be a "black rhino" then, and probably look very nice for it. Just gotta be sure he's still got a lot of yellow/gold visible for leg mode.

Or of course---go all-out and make most of the yellow a metallic gold, like Talon's feathers. Might be over-doing it though, and there's always chipping concerns.

2. samtastic

samtastic Herald of Wheelie

Holy Jesus this color bull guy is amazing! I love the shapes and how much personality is in his face! BADASS! How much will this whole thing set me back??

3. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    That is perfection to me. Accurate or not, it just works and judging what MMC recently said, I'd imagine that it'd be closer to this.

4. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    And all i did was darken the picture overall. Gives him the same old colors, but a bit more subtle. Reeeeally hoping thats what he looks like, it really is perfect =]

5. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    I couldn't get the colors quite right with purely altering the levels, I had to actually change the hue a bit---even when darker/your version, it's still "too yellow" IMHO. Not a ton, but the original hue in the facebook pic is still more orange-yellow than pure orange.

But again, it's all just a render of their CAD model, the actual plastic coming out of the molds in the future could be a very nice shade of G1-ish orange.

6. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    yeah, but i wasn't going for orange persay, i was matching the orange of Tantrum to the orange of divebomb by adjusting the light in the picture. I think.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
  7. Predacon

Predacon Well-Known Member

The MMC coloring is good and Bovis looks impressive but I also prefer the colors in that digibash. The present MMC color scheme is Headstrong's (Rhino) not Tantrum's (Bull).

8. RRavage

RRavage MMC follower......

News Credits:
    Man that's a damn shame. A lovely looking piece!

But that's ok, i think I should wait anyway until I can see how much articulation I can get in a sitting position.

Thanks for looking though!

9. axisvega

axisvega Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    The major difference is how much smoother the original picture is. Rounded forearms and lower legs, and a more rounded, less blocky torso.

10. Rated X

Rated X Banned

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but the only yellow I see is on his faceplate. The rest is orange. Granted it's a bit light, but this is a photo shopped picture, not the actual plastic...

11. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Looking at those pictures, and noting how many changes there have been to the mold (lots!) between renders, I wouldn't say it would be safe to assume anything until we get a better picture of his robot mode.

What irks me somewhat is that this is not a product image... it's a render, and they could have produced that screenshot from any angle they wanted. So why pick one that makes his proportions indistinct by capturing him at a downard angle? What's the advantage there?

zmog

12. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    Holy smokes, batman. That's hot shit there.

[​IMG]

13. Zavien

Zavien Veteran

News Credits:
    Wow that orange looks really nice. I will be preordering him next wknd

14. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    I think the orange is a digibash.

15. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Well they are both digibashed but the bottom one is the MMC version. MMC also stated that the orange will be more "G1" and that it came out lighter due to the lighting in the render.

I don't expect it to be as dark as the fan digibash but much darker than the MMC render.

All in all, I still have zero worries or concerns about this project. That is a lie, I have one. Why is it not on my shelf yet?

16. Msz0065

Msz0065 Well-Known Member

I hope the final "orange" looks nothing like MMC's renders. Nothing about this feels like Predaking to me

THIS is more pred colors:
    [​IMG]

17. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    That is my concern as well. Also, just wondering, think the orange will be closer to this here?

[​IMG]

18. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So the orange is actually different from Talon's:inquisiti 

I thought Predaking was one of the few combiners that had team colors, and when I say team colors I don't mean any old red/orange/yellow or whatever, but THE SAME EXACT COLORS! This was the case way back when, right?

I still think Tantrum looks okay, as is, but I think it would be better if he was of the same hue as Talon, as I think the overall combined look will look better with the same colors--not similar colors...

19. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When did anyone say that?

20. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    No the orange is the same as Talon but it showed up differently due to the lighting in the render.

@Torque, I think the orange will be much closer to that which is seen in the Talon render. I think once it enters the real world (as in paint on a plastic toy vs cgi render) it will get even darker, but I think we are seeing pretty much what we are getting.

Once again, Can I have this now please? I will pay for the 6th figure sight unseen if I can have these now. :D