MMC Feral Rex Mega Thread (Predaking)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Jigga, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow you have a lot of black repaints, are you a fan of the Stones or what?

2. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    Nice one, took me a sec. Let me turn that song on as I write this.

I don't know, it's just built into me. The black thing extends to my clothes, car, furniture,... Haven't figured it out yet. for the most part i only put colors (other than black/white/grey) in my ties and sneakers. its not a rule or anything, and everything i own is not literally black, i just reallly gravitate to black, its just my thing--- and i kinda like how i embrace it and make it my own.
    btw, scoria's getting black/chrome treatment too. :D 

3. Zavien

Zavien Veteran

News Credits:
    Its my favorite color. Thatz why I love your nemesis stuff. Kind of how I'm drawn to crystal or clear figures. Same with the black or nemesis for you.

4. deaculpa

News Credits:
    Cheers
    [​IMG]

5. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    I love the nemesis colors too, but I feel they don't go well on my shelves, or the lighting is a bit more difficult for me to get just right, in the night time anyways when I am at home most. When it's day time, and natural sunlight is in my room, then they stand better. That said, I love your Lambor a lot, best lambor ever, and your Bee too!!! I like it less on Prime for some reason.

6. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    One of my friends in the 1st State Camaro Club loves black also, he has completely blacked out his Camaro. I'm pretty sure his tint is illegal and he put black tint on his headlights and tail lights which I know is illegal but I get what you're saying I've seen it first hand.

7. deaculpa

News Credits:
    Nice!!!!!!
    We're getting off topic but I'm also planning to blackout my lights. I think it depends on the state, in Florida it seems like you can tint till you can't see out of your car anymore.
    but the black always needs accent, preferably chrome/silver, so I would never do black rims or anything.

8. lunacy05

lunacy05 Sea-Con

News Credits:
    Hi all, just got my Fortis today. I noticed that there's an extra read end piece for Bovis, why's that?

9. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Replacement in case the one in your Bovis cracked

10. TheGrognard

TheGrognard Well-Known Member

More butts is more better

11. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    I went 5% all around with the exception of the windshield.

12. Zavien

Zavien Veteran

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

13. Zavien

Zavien Veteran

News Credits:
    I broke a knife handle dammit.

14. Megatronus27

Megatronus27 Well-Known Member

Shxt. I swap my blades and pistols a lot and have zero issues. I do use two hands to ensure consistent pressure across the handles which is inconvenient, but I put Fortis' blades in his hands last night in under 15 seconds.

I guess I better keep treating these with kids gloves...

Sorry for your break bro. These broken blades really are the weak link in these figures' designs. This issue SHOULD NOT BE HAPPENING!

I will assume Leo will have the same issue, and that is a blade handle we do not want to break as it will make the sword impossible to form.

15. Krooked

Krooked Well-Known Member

i broke the thumb trying to take out that damn knife

16. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Smooth handles (no ridges) and a circular handle for a circular hole would have done the trick.

There's a reason why the later runs of Hexatron don't have the ridged handles on the guns anymore.

17. Ghilz

Ghilz Derpticon

Leo shouldn't have the issue because his swords have no "Pommel" to keep you from sliding them in and out like Hexatron's sword. No twisting or turning needed. Ditto for Talon and Tigris from the look of their weapons.

But yeah, the knife thing is silly. Glad Bovis looks so much better with Colossus' shotgun though, I can forgive it.

(On a side note, I wish FP would just sell Colossus Shotguns. Those go with so many figures and look awesome!)

18. Tryptlock

Tryptlock Well-Known Member

This.

Perhaps MMC should model all of their handles off of Hexatron's guns. And if they would prefer to have detailed handles, then perhaps all of their handles should emulate the handles on Bovis' pistols. I've never had any trouble sliding them in and out, and they hold nice and tight. I'm hoping the remaining Feral Cons' weapons have handles like that.

19. Ghilz

Ghilz Derpticon

Meh, my Hex has smooth handles and can barely holds his guns. The swords however he's fine. But his guns keep jumping and popping to be crooked at weird angles.

20. Tryptlock

Tryptlock Well-Known Member

On a different note: I've been very eager to see what changes they've made to the Tigris figure, particularly the back legs. I'm not 100% sure whether I like or don't like the more Tiger-like head that Tigris has at least since Peaugh's test shots vs. the original head. One one hand, I see how the newer head fits as it actually looks like a tiger, and then the other head (with saber teeth) can be used for Felisaber, providing some mold differentiation. On the other hand, the first head MMC was using looks more like the head I remember G1 Rampage having. I certainly don't require slavish G1-ness from figures that I tend to view as Classics-verse figures more than MP, granted, but I sometimes find myself thinking that the newer head feels a bit less like G1 Rampage.

This isn't a dealbreaker for me at all, mind you. I'll still be insanely happy with Feral Rex either way. I think this for me is still the 3P product that I'm most excited about overall, even outdoing Scoria.

Does anyone else have an opinion on Tigris' old vs. newer altmode head?