MMC Cynicus - IDW's Vos from the DJD

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by MMC, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    So mad I missed this... hope it comes back soon...

2. Rael

Rael Shameless Armada Fan

My problem with that is it would require a gimmick to be accurate, and the scale of the pieces is too small to accommodate such a gimmick--so you'd have to choose between spikes on the removable faceplate or the accurate smooth surface of the blank face. (Unless the spikes were a tiny, separate removable piece?)

I do wish Cynicus' blank face and the spikes on its faceplate had some silver paint for accuracy, but that's a minor thing, and I may just add some myself.

3. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    I'd settle for the faceplate having 2 main spikes that fit into the eye sockets while the rest of the faceplate just being a little more rougher than sandpaper

4. godotislate

godotislate S-Secret Police?!

News Credits:
    I think MMC skipped painting them b/c they're so small and probably hard to mask off to paint. The factory costs were too high for them as it was.

I wonder if they could've cast the face in grey plastic instead, and painted the purple in.

5. halfaway

halfaway Did you think you were cool?

Trying to find out whats going on,
    I pre ordered , paypal and i see i paid
    But hen i log on to planet steel it is not rven showing
    I ordered the only thing that show is super nova hexatron
    A little worried

6. goobahead1

goobahead1 chug enthusiast

Ebay:
    ok guys i have never had an mmc product, the few 3rd party tfs i ever had were fansproject steel core and the explorer/munitioner repaints... then i got aranea because she looked awesome... she broke in multiple places within minutes of me pulling her from her sealed box... after thati said i would never buy a 3rd party figure again...

but i really love mmc's designs, especially the djd! and hasbro will most likely never make them while mmc IS making them right now.

so my question is the following... how good is mmc's figure quality? if i go in on cynicus will he break easily? or will he be sturdy through hundreds of transformations, lots of posing and lots of fiddling... im not going to play with him but he will be transformed and reposed alot, since i plan to use him in my photocomic

7. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Why don't you contact PSX if you're having an issue?

8. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

Email Brian from PSX at: [email protected]

They might be a bit busy now moving all the orders, so maybe try again in 3-4 days if no response the first time.

9. Zavien

Zavien Veteran

News Credits:
    Unless MMC just absolutely drops the ball which I'm sure they won't. You have no worries on the quality part of the figure.

10. Lodril

Lodril Poet of Destruction

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Well, there's good news leavened with a bit of uncertainty.

MMC is generally the gold standard for 3p figures. Their plastic quality is top notch, their QC is generally superb, and with their last few figures I've had fewer problems than I've experienced with Hasbro and Tomy's. In the recent past, when there have been issues with pieces getting unduly stressed, or having other minor aesthetic issues (the kind of thing official figures frequently have), MMC issued corrective parts and worked hard to address even those minor issues. Those are things that go un-addressed on Hasbro and Tomy figures, so as a company I would rate MMC's dedication to quality as generally superior to the official releases.

All that said, they are working through a new factory for this figure. I do not doubt, based on past experiences, that they will apply their usual stringent efforts to correct anything that goes wrong, but it is possible that dealing with a new manufacturer may result in unexpected issues. So far, the main issue has been the unusually high price, but it's possible other things may surface.

I've bought the figure myself, and have a very high degree of confidence that it will be of the finest quality... but since I don't have it in-hand yet, I can't yet say for certain how it will compare. If something is inherently wrong with it, I feel pretty confident MMC will work to correct it, and they have frequently been generous in assisting customers with broken pieces and the like.

11. halfaway

halfaway Did you think you were cool?

Have, waiting

12. Theonlycyclonus

Theonlycyclonus Find,kill,cleanse

News Credits:
    Has anyone been able to track there shipment yet?

13. Enderwiggen

Enderwiggen Well-Known Member

Yes.

"April 10, 2015 , 2:45 am
    Processed Through Sort Facility
    GUANGZHOU EMS, CHINA"

14. porkchop123

porkchop123 Well-Known Member

No

15. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't feel down about Aranea. That thing is really subpar as far as build quality and tolerances go, even for Perfect Effect. Everyone has had issues with tolerances and mine had half the parts fall off unglued. Apparently Warden is much better, but everything I've gotten from PE has had a major defect in one way or another.

MMC has come a long way from the Hearts of Steel build quality and I would put them near the top for structural integrity, tolerances, and plastic quality. If something suddenly took a tumble off my desk I would be more comfortable knowing it was one of my MMC's figs than anything else on there. Not that I want my things attempting their best Humpty Dumpty impressions mind you. I'm more miffed about some of their aesthetic choices so if you like what you see I don't think you have much to worry about.

16. Theonlycyclonus

Theonlycyclonus Find,kill,cleanse

News Credits:
    Neither have I.

17. mhk353101

mhk353101 Active Member

probably just ems, and its kinda weird that PSX uses HK Post, but it got shipped out from Guangzhou...

18. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    To those new to PSX, they use HK post as standard, and EMS if you pay more for it.

They post that it shipped, but it mat take a week or more to actually ship sometimes (not always). By HK post, it takes about 2-3 weeks usually, though I have received my products from them sometimes in 1 week once it shipped, and I live in Canada . It can be longer too, depending on your location, but Canada is generally that.

EMS is generally 3 -4 days I think.

19. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    Outside of the near impossible task of getting the tank alt mode to tab in properly, my PE Guardian is close to being the most solid feeling figure in my collection, including official Takara MP's.

MMC is also top tier for me and doesn't require kid gloves while handling their products.

20. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    c/o 豹纹四角裤

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Attached Files: