Mixmaster's Post-ROTF Job...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Olivus Prime, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Olivus Prime

Olivus Prime Space Ranger

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm always very interested to see where the Transformers movie vehicles end up after filming (especially service/construction vehicles, which often just disappear into obscurity), and I just happened to find that the Mixmaster cement mixer is (was?) in the hands of an Ohio-based concrete company called Stocker:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

An article that explains how they got a hold of it: That truck looks familiar

Long story short, it was only after they purchased the vehicle for regular use that they discovered it was from the film, since paint was flaking around the Decepticon symbol on the mixer drum. They proceeded to refurbish it and add their own touches.

Hopefully the 'Con is continuing to have a nice retirement!

• Like Like x 15
  2. Mirage00

Mirage00 Master of Hiding

Pretty cool

3. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Congrats to them, they managed to take a high-end official movie vehicle and turned it into a cheap lookin knock off.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  4. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    I'm wondering if they've changed the design on the mixer since the movie was released. I understand that they didn't really have any photos to use as reference since ROTF hadn't been released yet at the time, but even I wouldn't know that this truck was used in the film for Mixmaster. Like Red Goblin said, they took a high end official movie vehicle and made it look like a cheap knockoff. Sad.

5. G1DeadEnd

G1DeadEnd Bring on 5, 6, 7 & 8!

News Credits:
    About four years ago, I came across Jazz in Washington State. I was doing construction on a Boeing building. Boeing employees are usually driving some nifty vehicles, and one of them apparently owns a hard-top Pontiac Solstice (same gray/silver as movie Jazz). Now I can't confirm 100%, that the vehicle I saw was indeed our Jazz, but I know the hard-top was not an option on the car, it was specifically created for the movie.

6. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    Nice one. Mixmaster is still one of my favourite TF designs in the movie franchise thus far.

7. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Wonder what happened to the other Constructicons. Flashy vehicles like Optimus, Barricade, Ratchet usually find better homes. One of the Optimus Prime vehicles from the first Trilogy is currently in UK and in the hands of an event organizing company working for Hasbro.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Custom cars like Wreckers are in Paramount's vault.

Now that I've checked, I think most vehicles are at Paramount

9. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That is not an official Optimus Prime in the UK, the two movie Peterbilts are still in the USA. One was seen at the TLK fan event, the other is owned by Rick Hendrick, NASCAR team owner.

I'm surprised at the comments in this thread saying that Mixmaster looks like a cheap KO, looks damn amazing to this member.

• Like Like x 2
  10. SilverOptimus

News Credits:
    Did not knew that. So I guess the one in UK is custom built for the events.

11. Olivus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I imagine they refitted as they saw fit for their use, and then just redecoed the vehicle afterwards. Like they say in the article, they had no idea upon purchase that it was a screen-used vehicle, so they likely had to refit it whether they liked it or not, since at the end of the day they've purchased an adequate cement mixer for work use. I don't think it's fair to criticise them for what they've done, since they just as easily could have ignored the vehicle's history, and it's not like a movie fan out there is going to bid on a cement mixer to own privately.

I'm not sure how common it is, but the GXP model Pontiac Solstice was in production for a short period and looked very similar to the custom model made for the film. As for the Jazz vehicle itself, it was auctioned from a private collection very recently (and for a very reasonable price): 2006 Pontiac Solstice JAZZ Transformer’s Movie Car

• Like Like x 1
  12. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    That is one gorgeous looking Mack truck. Finally we get to see it in all its majesty. Mixmaster deserves all the attention it can get (considering the poor content on the blu ray disc). Personally it was one of my favorites characters from the Transformers franchise.

It's good to know where vehicles may end up after filming. Sadly we may never see it on set any time soon. Those are some really lucky folks, and it appears it's in good hands. Thanks for the news!
    This deserves to be in the front page. What you think? :thumb  @SilverOptimus.

13. SilverOptimus

News Credits:
    I'd love to but the post is 8 years old. :( 

• Like Like x 1
  14. Olivus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Haha, thanks but I'll leave that one up to you, since the news article about it is from 8 years ago!

EDIT: Looks like Ol' Lefty might still be in use - this is from Kimble Manufacturing's Twitter:

[​IMG]

Kimble Manufacturing on Twitter

• Like Like x 2
  15. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Lovely!
    Yeah, that article is almost ten years old. It's strange we're now seeing this posted though lol.
    Thanks for the pics!

Thanks anyway. :wink:  @SilverOptimus

16. Trip2boy

Trip2boy Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    That is beautiful. I live right next door to Bumblebee and I've seen (I think) Jazz, or something similar, and, believe it or not, Soundwave. Threw me off too.

17. zachprime86

zachprime86 AKA Launch Pad Destroyer

That's neat !

18. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    "I bought a truck. It turned out to be an alien robot. Who knew?"

That's pretty cool! I had kinda assumed Mixmaster got redressed as Megatron for DotM. Obviously not! Though I wonder what became of that cool Decepticon-bulldog hood ornament.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    Really? There's a BBC children in need event called Carfest near me and last year a Hasbro trailer was there promoting RID 2015.The Optimus truck they had on show wasn't a Peterbilt 379 like the original. :(