Mixing & Matching CW & UW Sets!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Jetfire37, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Jetfire37

Jetfire37 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Does anyone out there mix and match limbs from CW & UW?

I am interested in seeing pics of this, like UW Motormaster w/CW limbs. UW Hotspot with CW limbs including Rook. More or less your favorite combos mixed or matched.

IMPORTANT REQUEST: Can someone please post pics of: UW Bruticus w/ Hasbro Blast Off & PE Hands/Feet.

CW Bruticus is my favorite Hasbro set so far but I am still considering double dipping and picking up UW Bruticus. I had to cancel my UW Bruticus as my car needed new tires BAD but thankfully I am still on board for UW Computron. (Will be my very first ever UW set & I am quite excited!)

I haven't come to a decision yet because I am waiting to see how that "Transform Dream Wave" upgrade turns out.

2. mrcreativename

mrcreativename Well-Known Member

As I had the original 80's Bruticus toy, i loved the Hasbro colors, but hated their Blast Off. So I bought and sold off every piece of a UW Brutus except Blast Off. It's the opposite of what you want, but I'll take a pic when I get home if you want. Also, I use the G2 Aerialbots as Sky Reign'so limbs. It's not Takara, but I could take a pic if you want to see the mix and match.

3. Jetfire37

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sure, that actually sounds like a great idea and seems more befitting of the name Sky Reign. I had no intention of getting G2 Superion but I might consider picking it up & selling off the G2 Silverbolt.

I saw a set Blue PE KO Hands/feet using the PC-01 Mold on Ebay. I bet that would look great with Sky Reign if I decided to go with G2 limbs! One thing I can say about the KO sets is that they all have painted details on them.

4. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I do occasionally mix and match UW and CW combiners to get the version I want. I gave CW Dragstrip to UW Menasor. I used the CW Stunticon Deluxes with Grand Scourge, and then replaced later Dragstrip with the G2 version.

I'm hoping we'll get more CW/UW recolours later on. I'm not entirely done with Combiners yet.

I've also got an idea about giving CW Liokaiser's limbs to Galvatronus. I've got a set of purple hands and feet reserved for him, if that ever happens.

5. MaximusCubed

MaximusCubed Abnormal Survivor

This is exactly what I did the moment I got G2 Superion: ditched the Silverbolt torso and had my Sky Lynx adopt his limbs (hehe). I also feel the wave 6 Deluxe figures or UW limbs make a better Lynx Master than Sky Reign, name-wise.

[​IMG]

Originally, I was hoping for Takara to repaint and redeco the jet deluxe/limbs as G2 Cyberjets and include them with Sky Lynx, but they kinda went the Hasbro route... Also, there was never a G2 Sky Lynx, so it wasn't even possible to begin with.

As for mixing and matching CW and UW sets, I might replace UW Dragstrip with the CW version if I feel the UW version is lacking after combining.

6. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow. That looks really good.

7. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

I have the UW version of Prowl but the rest of the team are the CW version. I'd take a picture but it would be pointless as it's pretty much Prowl's robot mode that differs the most.

8. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    I don't combine the Aerialbots, Protectobots, Stunticons, or Combaticons right now and even if I did I wouldn't mix and match their limbs.

Even the Wave 4 & 6 Autobots I do not combine right now until I get all the original Universe, Classics, or Henkei versions of them. And I still need to get the solo Scattershot (still plan to get CW Computron too) so I can have Betatron (Wave 4 Limbs). Once I do form Betatron he still will not swap limbs with my other Combiners. The same holds true for Thunder Mayhem who sits decombined so I can have a Bludgeon, Windsweeper, etc on my CHUG shelf.

9. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm thinking of doing a Transformers movie combiner with Optimus, Ratchet, Ironhide, Wheeljack, & Prowl.

10. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Too bad that Ratchet is so expensive. Who else died in the movie that got a CW toy that could be used in place of Ratchet?

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Insert Clever Title Here

News Credits:
    I double dipped on both Defensor and Bruticus so I could mix and match. I don't have UW Bruticus in hand yet (been waiting for UW Computron's release to ship my POL) but I went with the following for Defensor:

Hasbro's Hot Spot, First Aid and Blades / Takara's Streetwise and Groove. Rook is right by Defensor to act as a backup limb.

Like I said I don't have UW Bruticus yet but I think I'll go mostly Hasbro again, switching out UW Blastoff and Vortex.

If I could get Hasbro's Afterburner by itself I'd switch it out on Computron, but otherwise Takara's Technobots destroy Hasbro's lackluster offering.

12. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Trailbreaker's corpse was seen in story boards, Mirage was also shown getting shot by Megatron in story board.

13. Fallout

Fallout crack pipes needles pcp and fast cars

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    ^throw in windcharger as the torso

14. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

Not quite what you're talking about but I did put the Torchbearer limbs Sky Lynx and they look quite good. My Hasbro Defensor has also been wearing Override as his bra for a while.
    I think the most fun I'll have mixing and matching is if I get Hasbro Computron. That and the UW are the two most contrasting sets we've ever gotten.

15. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a couple mixes and matches.

CW Superion with UW Skydive and UW Hand foot guns.
    CW Bruticus with UW Blast-Off and UW Bruticus's head
    UW Defensor with CW Hot Spot and painted combiner chest
    And once I get it, I'll have UW Computron with CW Afterburner and the CW hands and feet

I would love to find a UW Silverbolt, Prowl, Ironhide (for Magnaboss versions) and Motormaster (cause he looks way better) for relatively affordable.

16. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

Well if you're not too picky you can somehow acquire another First Aid (easier said than done, the Defensor wave was never one of the easier waves to collect) and replace the head.

17. Feralstorm

Feralstorm To Infinity - and Your Mom TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't have any UW sets, but Computron is on the way, and I plan to do some mix/matching with the Hasbro set.

18. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

That sky reign looks phenomenal with the g2 jets!

19. Chucez

Chucez Well-Known Member

This upper body was meant to be:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

20. Jetfire37

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Do UW limbs sell well as singles?

I have been trying to find a UW Hotspot, Onslaught, & Motormaster but I haven't had much luck. I have all the Hasbro Combiners but I am considering double dipping to make things easier then sell what I don't want as single figures. The following is how I want to set up my combiner teams:

Defensor: UW Hotspot with CW Limbs & convert First Aid into Ratchet.
    Sell off the the 3 remaining UW limbs: Blades, Streetwise, & Groove.

Bruticus: UW Onslaught - Swindle - Brawl, CW Vortex & Blast Off with a Renderform head.

Sell off:
    UW Blast Off
    CW Brawl
    CW Onslaught with all 8 HFG's from both Bruticus sets.
    CW Swindle with custom paint apps, weathering, & battle dmg.

Menasor: UW Motor Master & Wildrider, CW Breakdown, Dead End, & Custom Drag Strip with 4 front wheels.(Used parts from 2 Drag Strip's to make a nice G1 homage figure)

Sell off: CW Motormaster, 3 UW Limbs - Breakdown, Drag Strip, Dead End.