Missouri Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Terradive, Apr 10, 2003.

1. kronatron

kronatron Well-Known Member

Ha! Back in my day, you could go to your corner Walmart and find yourself a good Universe deluxe for $7.77! Why I remeber tellin the missus how neat it was that you got two things for less than a price of a meal at Quizno's.

What happened? Inflation? Greed? The Government? Now I have to work twice as hard for half as much, and hope that I get the preorder in before it pre-sells out.

The kids these days. And also stay off my lawn. I have become my grandparents.

2. kronatron

I snagged an Optimus off Maplewood walmart a couple weeks back, there were a couple left but I haven't been back since.

No eyes on Magnus. I preordered mine from ToyDojo but it still hasn't been filled.

3. callandor

callandor Well-Known Member

Kids these days just don't understand. The struggle is real.

• Like Like x 1
  4. quantumhawk

quantumhawk Retired Allspark Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Kirkwood Walmart has voyager Op and Megs. Bottom shelf next to the Black Panther masks.

5. Skreeonk

Skreeonk Well-Known Member

Stopped by Broadway Walmart in Columbia to grab the last $7 Hot Rod. They had all of Siege, minus the Battlemasters & Leaders. They did have the price tags up for the Leaders, so hopefully that means they will restock soon, as I really want Magnus. If anyone in the Columbia/Jeff City area sees one, let me know!

Single pack Botbots were restocked, on the shelf above the blind bag toys. They also had 5 & 9 packs available.

Finally, they had 2 rows of G1 minibots. No Warpath or Gears. There was also a price tag for the G1 Optimus, but none set out.

6. Optimus4EVER

Optimus4EVER Youngling Femmebot Prime-In-Training

News Credits:
    Alright! Whoever went to the Raymore Walmart and bought out the Siege of Cybertron voyagers of Optimus Prime and Megatron, get over here so I slap you! I was hiding them so that I could save up for them! When you have physical disabilities and have to work at home and make $5.40 a week it takes a bit before can afford to purchase a $25(+tax), let alone $29(+tax)! Just for that I will not be telling you what they had last night!

They did not have anything new. Obviously everybody bought the OP Cyberverse trailer set and the reissue Hot Rods. In the Siege line 2 Skytreads and 1 Cog.
    They did finally put out the Bot Bots, saw the toilet troop and the sugar snack set at least. Aisle opposite of TF but close to the end by the back wall. Hopefully that was clear.

Have a blessed day and oya!
    OP4EV
    I was crestfallen when I saw that OP and Megatron were gone, not mad by the way guys. Just disappointed. I was going to hide them until they dropped the price or had a sale. Guess I will have to wait till TFExpo for a chance at $25 for both.

7. kronatron

I worked retail many years. Every so often the boss types would have us do a deep clean of all the isles. We'd find moldy bread behind the babdages, green ham between the magazines, cat food by the toothbrushes, and toys behind the kitchenwares. Odds are the isles were "faced" during "recovery" one night and got put back on the main shelf.

I miss layaway.

• Like Like x 1
  8. quantumhawk

quantumhawk Retired Allspark Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Also, who’s to say the person who bought them wasn’t disabled, or shopping on behalf of someone in a similar situation? Or maybe it was some little kid’s birthday and they were pumped to find their favorite characters. Don’t assume it was someone who deserved them less than you, ya know?

• Like Like x 2
  9. kronatron

Still, I know what O4E means. Not easy seein' something that's just beyond you current means to obtain.

When I got the time, I don't have the money. When I got the money, nobody's got stock. When they got stock, I don't have time. Folks like transformerland and the random ebay flash sales have been good for the ones I've missed, but it sux to not take a bot home from the minty retsil shelf.

10. Optimus4EVER

Optimus4EVER Youngling Femmebot Prime-In-Training

News Credits:
    I was just being funny guys. Trust me, probably going to trade or buy when TFExpo rolls back into town this year. Hoping for no tax! Hehehehehehe!

11. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    LS Target:
    Studio Series:
    Leader Grimlock x 1
    Voyager Prime #05 x 1
    Voyager Ironhide x 1
    Deluxe VW Bee x 1
    Deluxe Dropkick x 3
    Deluxe KSI Sentry x 1
    Deluxe Jazz x 1

Voyager Prime #32 and Voyager Bonecrusher went home with me.

12. quickshift

quickshift Combiner Junkie

Studio leaders Jetfire and DOTM Megatron at Arnold Target. One each.

13. quickshift

Lol, reminds of my days at Kmart. Part of inventory prep was lifting up the deck plates on the bottom shelf of the toy counters to pull out all the hot wheels and whatever else had been stashed down there through the year.

• Like Like x 1
  14. MelodiousGiant04

MelodiousGiant04 Well-Known Member

Picked Bonecrusher from CoMo Target today. Left #32 Optimus.

15. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    I grabbed mine yesterday and I’m pretty impressed. He isn’t perfect, but he is quite good and I’m ecstatic they remade him so well.

16. MelodiousGiant04

Anyone spot any of the new studio deluxes along the 70 corridor? I saw elsewhere someone found them in a Joplin WM but just clogged with ratchets and drop kicks in CoMo.

17. MelodiousGiant04

Something screwy is going on with Targets inventory in CoMo. They show 2 in stock studio leaders on brickseek and employees confirm they should have 2 on the shelf (most likely the new ones since they were restocked along with the wage 5 voyagers) however they are nowhere to be found. It’s been 4 days now and still showing in stock. I’m assuming they were either stolen or hidden somewhere, bit really lame things to do.

18. quickshift

Could be, or it could be an inventory error. Could have been shipped to the wrong store or they could have been mislabeled and what they really received was bedsheets.

19. Skreeonk

Skreeonk Well-Known Member

I noticed that their inventory for Siege hasn't been showing correctly either. I happened to run by there last week for something else, & they had Megatron & all the deluxes, & brickseek didn't show them in stock. Hoping I haven't missed Leader Magnus due to this.

20. MelodiousGiant04

They had the leaders a few weeks ago, like the week after Walmart had them.