Minor Idea/Fact/Tidbit You Wish The Franchise Would Have Focused More On

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Mr. Chaos, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Marvelboy1974

Marvelboy1974 Well-Known Member

Yes to all this!

More exploration into the Shattered glass universe. Maybe an animated mini series.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  2. greboguru

greboguru Psychedelic Brainchild

Now that you mention them, I'd like a little story about the Protectobots' base. Why do they have their own secret HQ separate from the rest of the Autobots? How did they get it? I'm curious.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Devin417

Devin417 Active Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    Oh gosh! there are so many good ideas here! Let me think...

This is gonna sound weird, but I would like to see Racial tensions between Autobots and Decepticons explored outside of direct conflict. Perhaps you could set a series just before the Great War when tensions were only just starting to build between the two races. Or just After peace had been re-established and now the two races are trying to get along but struggling against millions of years of cultural programming? I think if done well it could be powerful. Of course on the other hand done poorly it poses the risk of being labeled as nothing more than a bad Race Allegory...

And that's to say nothing of the Mini-cons, Insecticons, or Predicons! There's so much potential there!

• Like Like x 3
  4. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    ???

Autobots and Decepticons are not races. They’re political/ideological factions, sort of like Republican and Democrat. Did you mean political rather than racial?

Because Autobots and Decepticons belong to the same race (Cybertronian).

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos New Holder of the Matrix of Leakership

News Credits:
    That's why "Things We Don't Tell The Humans" is my favorite Transformers fanfic, as it covers a ton of that

• Like Like x 2
  6. Devin417

Devin417 Active Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    I seem to recall that, at least in G1, they were two separate Races manufactured by the Quintessans. With the Autobots being built for labor and the Decepticons being built for War.

I'm sure there are some series' where they're both considered the same "Race" but there are others where they are not. And in any case one could make a universe where they are different Races in an attempt to explore a this very topic.

... I may have to check that out! :D 

• Like Like x 4
  7. Cryptwire

News Credits:
    I guess Hasbro has retconned that origins ever since the aligned continuity..

Which is not to say they can’t go back to that kind of origin. They can always revert back to full G1 although my preferred origins story is from the aligned continuity.

8. Devin417

Devin417 Active Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm actually not at all familiar with the different Transformers universes/continuities. I mainly focused on the toys growing up and didn't feel so inclined to dive any deeper lol. And at this point I'd have no clue where to start even if I had the time to immerse myself in a new fandom. which I probably do not haha. :D 

• Like Like x 2
  9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    That's one of the old origins of the Transformers from the cartoon which hardly ever gets used anymore. These days they're one race; Cybertronian, and being Autobot or Decepticon is purely an alliegence standpoint and characters can change sides. Quintessons rarely even get used these days for that matter, either, as it's generally accepted that the creation of the Cybertronians was from the AllSpark or Primus.

• Like Like x 3
  10. greboguru

greboguru Psychedelic Brainchild

They actually never said "races," they said "lines" -- as in product lines. To say they're different races is completely arbitrary.

Like, are people who are smart and friendly and helpful a different race than people who are aggressive, strong, and tough? I'd say no.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

He rejoins the decepticons a few episodes later

He was with the group when they went to Carbombya

I would actually like to see them follow through with the concepts they seem to be implying back in the blackthorn 3D Comics

Going with the tecspec function/title of “autobot protector and implying that he and Hotrod are different characters
    Bombshell would be pissed...seriously on this I like the idea but with a twist, that they go with the concepts from the tech specs and the early scripts, that they were “reformatted” from parts of many different dead decepticons

That way it’s more of a Multiple personality issue

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  12. GBglide

GBglide Furst Fanatic

Soundwave's mind reading power. Windcharger's magnetism.

• Like Like x 3
  13. RetrogradeMercury

RetrogradeMercury Well-Known Member

I think it would be interesting to see more of the mental and emotional process behind combiners, similar to how Steven Universe explores the concept of fusion.

Likewise, what it’s like for Targetmasters or Headmasters, bots that seem to exist exclusively to power up others.

• Like Like x 4
  14. NaCl

NaCl Fry cook

They sort of did this in the IDW comics as part of 'Till all are One and Combiner Wars.

15. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Giving them a different origin in different fiction is hardly a retcon.
    Hasbro can't go back and erase things from the lore. (Thank God)
    The Sunbow toon will always have the Quintessons as the creators of Transformers.
    It's my favorite origin for them too, and I hope they bring it back.
    Generally accepted is a big stretch, since many fans consider it dictatorial to ignore the Quintessons origin story and push the Primus one in every fiction.
    It has made many even hate the Primus story.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Cryptwire

News Credits:
    I think the aligned continuity origins integrate all aspects of it.

but the Quintessons were an alien race anyway who enslaved Cybertronians in Cybertron’s early history.

Primus, I won’t mind if he was merely a spiritual focal point of worship for Cybertronians. Like God, with earth humans. It’s an all-encompassing being to explain how everything came to be.

I’m not sure if I’m a big fan of Cybertron being Primus or Earth being unicron. I mean, to me, I’m fine if Primus and Unicron were best left as spiritual focal points, concepts that are bigger than life. Because if that was done, it becomes easier to integrate Quintessons into the origins, that they could’ve possibly seeded Cybertron with CNA that gave rise to the first Cybertronians on the planet.

You could put in, after the Quintessons seeded the planet that would be Cybertron, they created the Well of Sparks that would serve as a way to give birth to more Cybertronians.

Then it could be explained that the Quintessons were probably ancient progenitors who have intimate knowledge of Primus. In that sense, Quintessons would be sort of like the nephilim or any of the ancient beings from earth’s religious texts that the Creator used to bring humans to Earth.

Something like that.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  17. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I actually jumped in without thinking there, because the Quintessons being the progenitors of the Transformers isn't really that important to me. I do think it's a more interesting background than the Primus origin, but mainly I'd like to see the Quintessons play an important role in the fiction again.
    I probably wouldn't mind Primus per se, but I think the whole Primus - Unicron light and darkness God-duality thing is cheesy and boring and I'm not fond of the divone magical genesis idea.
    The coolest thing imo would be if they would let the writers of the new fiction think of an entirely new Transformers origin. Preferably one that doesn't involve humans o_O 

• Like Like x 3
  18. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

Exactly
    true
    But they can still write new material that adds/alters the older stories such as those of the cartoon

19. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    They have written things in attempts to overrule things in the cartoon. But that's all they were. Attempts.
    The cartoon, like any other cartoon or comic series, stands on its own. Nothing that is written at a later date alters anything about the earlier fiction. Except if someone wants it to alter aspects of the earlier fiction to them personally. 3H producing a comic with a "hand-puppet" Quintesson who said Primus created the Transformers and not the Quintessons and claiming it is a sequel to Sunbow doesn't actually alter the fact that the Quintessons were the creators of the Transformers in Sunbow. But it can if you want it to.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

There are some (likely) animation errors in some later Season 3 episodes where Blitzwing's animation model does appear, but those are almost certainly animation errors. Furthermore, "Thief in the Night" is not one of those episodes. That's not proof of Blitzwing rejoining the Cons any more than Brawn's animation model appearing in "Carnage in C-Minor" is proof of Brawn surviving the 1986 movie.

Speaking of "Thief in the Night" though, some episodes featuring Octane were likely originally meant to feature Blitzwing, so I suppose what happens with Octane in G1 (Meeting Starscream's ghost, befriending Sandstorm, working in Carbombia) could be where Blitzwing would have gone in Season 3. Ironically, Octane himself also appears alongside the other Decepticons in "The Ultimate Weapon," despite his relationship with Galvatron in previous episodes. Again, make of that what you will.

• Like Like x 3