Minnesota Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Foster, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Optimal Optimus Prime

Optimal Optimus Prime The Ultimate Prime

Man, I went to 3 targets today, University, Robert St. in W. St. Paul, and the one in Woodbury, where I live, and I saw the same guy buying Mirage, Optimus, and Camshaft if they were there at all three stores!

I finally stopped him at the Woodbury one and asked since I knew he had 3 camshafts already if I could have the one he was making off with. I had my son and wife with me and he didn't wanna look like a dick so he handed it over and ran for the checkout.

Man, I hate scalpers!

I agree on the PM'ing if you find something or are looking for something.

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Let me get this straight...you personally saw one guy buy all that at three different places all in the same day, where they all happened to be in stock all at the same time, and you just happened to show up when he was doing it at all three places?

Right. We don't need to start making up stories now.

3. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  4. Optimal Optimus Prime

I saw the same guy at the 3 different stores.

University, I saw him with Op and Camshaft.

Robert, Mirage and Optimus and Camshaft

Woodbury Camshaft and Optimus

When I asked him why he was buying so many mulitples he said it was an investment. Meaning he was gonna sell them for a higher price...........as soon as he got home and loaded his pictures on ebay.

5. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Sorry if I find that VERY hard to believe, if only for the fact that that many Targets had all those in stock on a day with no other sightings, and you just happened to be there to see him do it every time. What time was this?

And from a new guy on a day when we are all bitching about scalpers.

Call me a pessimist, but it just seems a bit hard to swallow, especially since I was at a Target yesterday that had just done the reset, and all they had for alts was a Tracks. I suppose it could happen if they were all stocked this morning and nobody else was hunting, but with the reset, I would imagine people are looking everywhere. I wish I would have gone to my Target after work, but I assumed all the new stock was out already on Sunday, or I would have. If I missed out on a Camshaft I will be pissed, I'm sure going to check tomorrow.

Did anybody else find new alts today?

6. Omega Magnus

Omega Magnus Gorillabot

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Well, it could be feasible that us collectors (and scalpers) would follow similar routes on a hunt. Having said that, next time you bear witness to such activity please kick the fucker in the choad and tell him Magnus sent ya :ev:  .

7. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:

if that happens again gets dates and times you seen him in the stores a good discription and contact Target Lost Prevention, If I recall Target has/had a policy against this kind of conduct.

8. GuppyMN

GuppyMN Evil little fish

Hey guys,

The Target at 36 and White Bear Ave has Unicron, the giant plant mini-cons, and the Titanium Megatron and the Titanium Autobot Ark (didn't know this was coming out). No new alts.

I did pick up the Titanium Optimus Prime. I thought the shelf tag said something like $14.99, but when I got to the register my total trip cost me $15.93. Checking my receipt he cost $4.99. What is the price of the larger Titanium Series? The casher scanned everything and I didn't have a dupe ring up.

9. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    They are supposed to be $14.99, but this is the second time I've heard of them ringing up $10 less. I need to find them while they're cheap!

10. GuppyMN

GuppyMN Evil little fish

Ugh, you may want to pick up two of each. I just opened prime and transformed him, lots of little paint nicks after putting him back into bot mode. :( 

11. Omega Magnus

Omega Magnus Gorillabot

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, he's definitely for display only, I think they used too high of a density of die cast for these, none of the joints can handle the weight, the bitch is floppy as hell. Pretty looking in bot mode, but floppy as hell.

12. KanedaX

KanedaX Twitchy Triggerbot

Ebay:
    That would make sense. There are signs posted saying that they limit quantities purchased of some items. LP should be counting purchases at multiple locations as well as at a single location.

13. Sculpt-bot

Sculpt-bot So waddya want, a medal?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It is true. I just went to the Hudson Target (out working), and they were just wrapping up the new aisle reset. I grabbed Titanium Optimus. When I got to the register he rang up at $4.99. I stopped back after lunch and scanned the Megs, he too was $4.99! I scanned the little guys, and they came up at $14.99! Looks like someone transposed some numbers when updating the price file!

14. Blueefficacy

Blueefficacy _

Unless they're stolen, Assets Protection doesn't care. Not one bit. Sorry, but its true :( 

15. Rodimus Pie

Rodimus Pie AWKWARD

I think the best way to handle scalpers on a store-to-store level is to confront them, albiet in a polite manner.

Simply making them aware that you know what they're up to may be enough. You might not get the toy that day, but a guilt trip can work wonders, especially in Minnesota.

In no way am I advocating coming to blows over a toy; obviously there comes a point where you just need to let it go. It sounds like the way Optimal Optimus Prime handled it was about right.

I think anybody that scalps toys on ebay is probably aware that doing so is considered wrong. I would also venture to guess that anyone who'd drive all over town just to make a few extra Washingtons isn't going to have enough self-esteem to argue much about it.

Or you can say nothing at all, with the knowledge that while the scalper may make a net gain of $15.00 off of Alt Prime, he'll probably never get laid.

Now, as to sightings...

16. Rodimus Pie

Rodimus Pie AWKWARD

Found 3 6" Titanium Megs and 2 Primes at Target NE this afternoon. But a WARNING:

One of the 2 Primes had a misassembled lower arm. Looked as though it couldn't be swapped; there seemed to be an extra outer arm piece, where the inner arm piece should've been. So check those figures carefully.

17. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Thats what happen with my Prime, it prevents the are from "locking" in place in vehicle mode

18. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

I picked up 6" Titanium Megatron and Optimus Prime at the University Ave Target store for a cool $4.99 a piece. Good thing too, because Megatron sucks all kinds of ass. The only limb that doesn' flail like a limp string puppet is his right arm, and I had to take the screw out of that one to get his lower arm back out after I pushed it in. Don't get Megatron, and definitely don't get him if you have to pay fifteen bucks. I like Prime a lot, but maybe that's because I only paid five bucks.

Still on the lookout for a Mirage. I say we start scalping scalpers.

19. Optimal Optimus Prime

Scalping Scalpers, I thought thats what we already did lol.

I wanted to get the titaniums, but the more I hear the less I want. I'm probably gonna pass on these....

20. Foster

Foster Haslab Unicron Backer #10 Veteran

News Credits:
    I'd say they are WELL worth the error price of $4.99. Don't pass up that deal.