Minnesota Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Foster, Oct 23, 2003.

1. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Ditto.

2. biigdady69

biigdady69 Martimus Prime

In reference to Legends Devi...

Ok. Now that I've regained consiousness after violently beating my head against a wall when I finished reading this post, I will compose myself, and try to reply to this comment without allowing my brain to gloriously explode from my skull... :banghead: 

I know I've mentioned how I feel about Legends Devi in mere passing, but now I feel the need to defend this perfect little toy from being labeled as a mere so-so toy that is only worth owning if one can acquire him via clearance pricing...

I was one of the first to own Legends Devi, as I (and a couple other extremely lucky MN board members) went in on a case and imported him from Japan. Doing this actually cost us more than $32 each, but you know what? If you ask any of the people that imported him from Japan if he was worth the price, all of us would gladly tell you that he is worth it, and then some!

Now importing aside, think about how much Legends figures cost in the US market. Anywhere from $5-$7 (usually). and that $5-$7 gets you one figure with a bot mode and an alt mode. There are some great Legends figs out there, and there are some shitty Legends figs out there, but I cant really think of any that if given the chance I wouldn't buy again. Compare that to the Legends Devastator. You're getting 7 (yes 7. Take THAT you so-called "Supreme" Devastator with your 6 non-transforming parts!) awesome legends figures that not only give you the customary bot mode and alt mode, but also a 3rd mode in the form of a component of Devastator himself! Now based on the US market value of Legends figures individually costing $5-$7 dollars, buying 7 of them would cost you anywhere from $35-$49, respectively, so $32 for the whole set is already cheaper than the low end of that spectrum! Throw in the fact that this is the ONLY way you're getting a complete movie Devastator that is comprised of 7 completely transformable Constructicons, and add to that fact that all 7 of these Legends figures are EASILY some of the most awesome, best made Legends figures I've seen or owned (and believe me, if you saw the collection of Legends figures I have, you'd agree I'm more than qualified to speak on the subject. :cool:  ), and you can plainly see that Legends Devastator is WELL WORTH the $32 asking price! No if's, and's, or but's about it.

Believe me. I'm a bargain shopper, and I know how to negotiate the price of anything and everything. I can't even remember a time I paid full price for anything at Best Buy, or any other store like that. LOL! I like to save money. Scratch that. I LOVE to save money! But the fact of the matter remains that I have to give credit where credit is due. Legends Devastator is EASILY one of the best Transformer purchases I have ever made, and I only wish I was as lucky as you are for having the opportunity to own him for only $32!!!!!

You mentioned something at the end of your post that says it all...

Why do you think you don't see many of them? It's certainly not because Minnesota was simply left out of the Legends Devi GravyTrain! LOL! It's because people are snatching them up because......(one more thime just so that we're all on the same page here, kids!!!)

LEGENDS. DEVASTATOR. IS. EASILY. WORTH. THIRTY. TWO. DOLLARS!

Your honor? I arrest my case. :bay 

The great news is that there's no winners or losers in this debate! If you can snatch Legends Devi up at $32, he's worth every penny, so everybody wins!!!

:D  :thumb  :cool:  :lol  :rock  :music  :rock  :lol  :thumb  :D 

Seriously though. Ya'll know me. I got nothin but love for all my MN bot lovers! Now get out there, spend the stupid $32, and get a set of Legends figs that you are going to easily love for a very, very long time.

~Marty

3. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Has tru ever put exclusive tf on clearance?

4. exclusacon

News Credits:
    Marty, love ya commentaries, insightful...keep them coming....

5. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If anything, I at least like your enthusiasm and passion.

I've never seen the exclusive for sale per se, but when they have their Universe Ultra 50% off sale you can sometimes convince the cashier to discount those as well. The sale usu lists generically Universe Utras 50% off and technically Countdown and Darkwing are Ultras, just show 'em on the box where it says "Ultra." I have gotten Darkwing for 50% off once, and I know a lot of ppl report doing this around the country as well. The worst they can say is no and you don't have to buy it. I think TRU and Walmart overprice they're Exclusives a bit, I love Target Exclusives because they are discounted a bit to begin with, e.g. 5 pack legends for $20 when each is usu $5 and the currently 2 pack legends for $6.xx.

6. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Super Mod

News Credits:
    Come to think of it, I haven't seen any of the latest TrU exclusives at either of the stores I visit...There used to be a stack of Perceptors and Insecticons, but it seems like they disappeared when they did thier last plan-o-gram re-set.

7. exclusacon

News Credits:
    I got countdown for 17 when tru had their mini stores in mall xmas time, never at the home store...target clearance the tfs quick..wallys I hate that clearancing is up to store mgrs, no astore have rthe same sell

8. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I may actually reconsider based on your argument, but I guess I'm coming at it from the following standpoint:
    1) I don't like legends class figures. I think they're generally boring, don't look very good, and not worth their price tag. Just my opinion...
    2) I don't really like the ROTF Devastator character... I thought he was a terrible disappointment (along with the Constructicons.) I'm not too impressed with the way he looks and I thought he was a total puss (he was handled by the ****** bros [who were just tossed aside by Bumblebee like ragdolls not much earlier] and he was pwned by a single shot from the stupid boat gun.)
    3) While I admire that they at least did this set right having bot modes...I think most the bots, to be blunt, look like shit.
    4) Articulation looks poor.
    5) And lastly, I kinda get the feeling I wouldn't mess around with it much and I personally don't think it makes for much of a display piece. If that turns out to be accurate, it wouldn't be worth $32 to me.

Ultimately, the only thing really drawing me to it is its concept. I like combiners, I like G1 Dev. And it just so happens I'm addicted to TFs so I would buy just about any TF at the "right" price...

9. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I think a lot of the universe legends are fantastic for what they are -- Warpath, Cosmos, Jazz, Rodimus, Wheelie, Brawn, Beachcomber, and Bumblebee are all quite cool. Great homage to the mini-bots of old, which I loved, and a transformer that I can transform in 5 seconds flat.

Anyway, sightings. I hit the Vadnais Heights Target and WalMart hoping to find some deals. All the clearance figs were gone at Target. They had multiples of the Lockdown/Ratchet/Brawn wave.

WalMart had the same deluxe wave in similar numbers. They also had 3-4x legends devatstator, but at the $32 price so I passed. I didn't know he was so tiny and cute though! I saw a HA Barricade as well. I did nab a deluxe animated Prime at $10. It was worth it to me as I think he was the only animated mold at the deluxe size and up that I didn't have.

10. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    If it had been a legends G1 Devastator I wouldn't have hesitated, but I can't stand the design of the ROTF creature.

11. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

See, for me, that's a bit of a turn-off. I think the lack of complexity is probably why I outgrew TFs in my teen years...and, on the other hand, the very reason I got sucked back in as an adult. I bought robovision Prime in passing for nostalgic reasons (and I was pumped about the movie) and was blown away with how complex they've become, and then to discover Masterpiece and Alternators...oh my! I may be more hooked now than when I was a kid.

Word...

12. speltze23

speltze23 Well-Known Member

If anyone is still on the prowl for HA Barricade the Winona Wal-Mart has one along with about 4 HA Sideswipes and 1 HA Skids.

Can't wait for HA Mudflap to hit the midwest!

13. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

14. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Super Mod

News Credits:
    I armored my Mindwipe up as per the thread...it took a little adjusting and fidgeting so that Mindwipes head wasn't looking down so much, but overall I think it looks pretty cool...here's a quick snapshot...sorry about the clutter...

[​IMG]

15. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

How does one join the MN collectors group and is there any real point/benefit? I don't really know what the purpose of the groups are...

16. exclusacon

News Credits:
    I wonder that too, want to see others collections....

17. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Midway Target has 2 Megatron Activators on the pegs for $2.xx no clearance stickers on them, which is why it's probably still there. Nothing else to report.

18. exclusacon

News Credits:
    I'm stuck on 3 or 4 color ways for my extra mp skywarp: thrust inspired, burnout sunstorm, a dr doom inspired with a lil blue, and acid storm inspired....what y'all think?

19. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I like Thrust the best, but unless you have an answer for the wings, it might not be the best choice. Which would lead to Sunstorm by default.

20. exclusacon

News Credits:
    Yeah a friend of mine said the same about the wings...I like thrust colors, sunstorm has been done, that why I said burnout sunstorm....