Minnesota Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Foster, Oct 23, 2003.

1. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    How do you get them back, like do you tell them I want to buy it now? Lockdown is at edina target...as for arcee, you got to be fast....

2. exclusacon

News Credits:
    Ray park could be rodimus, lockdown, bludgeon...imo

3. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Super Mod TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Marty...you got the day off...swing by Edina Target for me, nab Lockdown and then I'll trade you straight up!

Or I'll swing by there after work lol

4. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Well, I went out to Shakopee and got a Skywarp...they said they wouldn't match other Walmart location prices. But since I had to drive right past Bloomington to get home anyhow, I stopped in and they accepted the return and let me buy it back for $15 without issue. I think I might have to do the same with mine that I bought from Woodbury a couple weeks ago...

Anyhow, kinda looked like Shakopee was down to two left after I grabbed one. Had they price matched on the spot they may have been down to only one cuz I mighta had to buy one for another buddy of mine at that price. BTW, they're located over in the other clearance section...the one not by the normal toy aisles. I thought someone may have bought 'em out at first when I was looking over by the toys. I woulda bummed hard!

PS...Midway Wally had like 3 Lockdowns Friday and IGH Wally had a couple yeasterday...FYI in case those locations are any closer.

5. biigdady69

biigdady69 Martimus Prime

I'll give them a holler in the mornin. If they still have him, you bet I'll run down there for ya man! :) 

And for the record on that wave of NEST Deluxes...

Your interest in Lockdown is VERY rightfully placed. He could very well be my favorite ROTF Deluxe, and no, I'm not exaggerating. You think of every single category that you can judge a figure on, and Lockdown very easily blows every single one out of the freakin water! Looks? Check. Poseability? Check. Transformation scheme? Check. Does justice to Animated Lockdown? More than check! Seriously, I mean he can interact with ROTF Deluxe Ratchet for cryin out loud! They definitely gave a huge nod to Animated there! Sheer coolness of character? Check.

Need I say more? LOL! Honestly, ROTF Lockdown is a figure EVERYONE should own. Even if you don't collect from the Movieverse. Even if you have a problem with Bayformers. Even if you belong to a religion that shuns the worship of amazingly awesome plastic!

BUY! THIS! FIGURE!

Haha! Ok. I won't go in to huge detail on the other figures in this wave.

Brawn isn't really a shellformer. I actually really dig his transformation scheme, his colors are great, his mold rocks, I love all his weaponry, and he is easily one of my favorite ROTF Deluxes. Easily.

I don't give a damn what anyone says about Deluxe Ratchet. I freaking LOVE him. Furthermore, I like the Deluxe mold WAY better than the Voyager. I can honestly say that I've owned the Voyager mold since it was released before movie 1, and I transformed him to bot mode, put him on the shelf, and since I have only touched him to move him to new display places. That's it. The Deluxe mold gets playtime all the time. Make your own decision on him, but I love Deluxe Ratchet. Period.

I don't have the Sideswipe repaint because I didn't really see the need to have a 3rd SS repaint (I have Swerve). With that said, I really do like the new darker repaint with the red windows. Especially if you're in to the whole Shattered Glass Universe, the new repaint fits nicely in with the evil autobots.

Ok. That's all I have for now. I'll try and find a Lockdown tomorrow for ya Jeff. Night everyone!

~Marty

6. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Anyone see FAB Arcee around at all. They have her up on HTS.com

7. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Yup, they are really cool about it ( I tried the same thing at Target and they were real jerks about it)

8. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I know I've seen it, but I don't remember where as I've been to a number of stores the last few days. I'm pretty sure it was Woodbury Wally, but it may have been IGH Wally. If Woodbury, that was last Thursday I think, IGH woulda been Sunday. Sorry I didn't report it...I don't typically pay much attention to FABs or much of anything below a deluxe.

9. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    I must complete my Arcee collection! :D 

10. Seibermore

Seibermore Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You all are teasing me with Lockdown's awesomeness...... Rochester hasn't gotten any of that wave yet.

11. captaingambit

captaingambit Urban Explorer/Toy Addict

I know this is a little off the topic of transformers, but I remember people talking about collectibles and comics shops a while back. I finally got around to visiting that comics shop on Nicollet, The Source, and also Cedar Cliff Collectibles. There's some neat stuff there in those shops. What I'm really seeking is MASK stuff though, and those shops didn't have anything. Has anybody seen collectible or antique toys shops that sell MASK stuff?

12. ServO

News Credits:
    Marty it was great to meet you in person! Thanks so much for the trade! You were sooo right about Lockdown...just an all around GREAT figure, and he looks awesome with the collection! Have you had a chance to enjoy Skywarp yet?
    As promised here are a couple of pics of the customs we were talking about...

Skyfire
    [​IMG]

Swoop
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Trailbreaker (from Ratchet)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's the link to my photobucket that has these pics, and some other customs I've done...
    Login to a private Photobucket.com album
    ...you should give it a try yourself!!!

13. Rahal Stmin

Rahal Stmin Bounty Hunter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Old):
    For those still looking for him, there's a HA Barricade in the Ridgedale Target

14. exclusacon

News Credits:
    I got to say, very very impress, cool. One question, what kind of paint do you use?

15. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

You guys are leaning me toward a Lockdown purchase...is Target still charging $10 for deluxes?

16. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice, is that an original G1 Skyfire you repainted and added a classics Jetfire head to? Also you photobucket link leads to a private albumn that needs a login.

I still saw that this week it was still $9.99 at some Target, don't remember which though.

17. ServO

News Credits:
    Generally I give the figure a coat of primer and then paint everything by hand with acrylics. It's a masterpiece robotech Valkyrie with jetfires head and a scratchbuilt backpack. I'll fix the link tonight after work!.

18. Spether

Spether TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I love that Trailbreaker. Nice work!

19. exclusacon

News Credits:
    Cool, I got an extra mp skywarp, going to do something with it...

20. biigdady69

biigdady69 Martimus Prime

Dude, Jeff!

That Trailbreaker is freaking EPIC, and I LOVE the new wings on Animated Swoop. You were totally right. They really work on him!

Skywarp is still in the box. I had a friend over last night who introduced me to the game Borderlands. My god is that game fun!!!!! Also saw Shutter Island. Pretty great movie!

As for sightings, Crystal Target has Brawn and a couple Ratchets from the new wave. The only Lockdown they had went to Jeff/Steelieboy via my hands. :) 

~Marty