Minnesota Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Foster, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    West St.Paul target has 2 HA Barricades and 2 Mindwipes.

2. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    GuppyMN confirmed firsthand that there are no Rachet's or Arcee's at the Maplewood TRU.

Also, not a sighting but as of this week I finally own all the G1 Dinobots. Woo!!!! :D 

3. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Just stopped and they were down to 1 HA Barricade that I saw, and since I had a $25 gift card to Target, I made off with it. Just remember to hang on to your receipts in case Amazon decides to sell them for $10 or $15 anytime soon...

4. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Woot fast hand kibble!

Richfield Target has squat to save anyone a trip :p 

5. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

And thanks for passing along the intel!

6. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Bloomington target has 2 mindwipes and 1 bludgeons

7. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Eden Prairie has 2 Scattorshots (with Light Grey Plastic) and 2 Divebombs. The 2 Skystalkers belong to my brother and I , YAY!

8. Seibermore

Seibermore Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TRU in Rochester has 2 cybertron Ani Ratchets, 2 MM Jazzs, 1 ROTF MM BB, 1 ROTF MM Prime, and 3 Shockwaves. I only picked up Shockwave.

9. DuelPear

DuelPear Well-Known Member

Not so much a sighting anymore per se, just a quick anecdote. Last night my buddy and I were at Ridgedale Target and I saw HA Barricade on the shelf. If it wasn't for how broke I am right now I would have bought it. I was a little worried a scalper would get it though but I left it anyway. We walked around the store a little more and as we were checking out decided to get some coffee.

As we're getting our coffee a kid (about 5-6 years old) and his father were sitting in the dining area and I heard the kid begging "to open it now". I glanced over and saw the father take out the HA Barricade that I had left on the shelf earlier and start opening it for the kid. I was happier to see the kid's excitement and anticipation of playing with it than I would have been if I had bought it for myself.

10. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    That's a great story. Glad he made it into the hands of a kid and not a scalper.

Northtown Target has all the new Scouts, two of each. Nothing else of interest though.

11. optimusfan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    That is cool! :thumb 

Stopped by the White Bear Ave Target this morning. They still have 2x Lockdown, 1x Ratchet, and 2x Mindwipe. Exclusives are still at 50% off. I know someone counted Burning Fallens at another store a few weeks ago and said there were 30. The White Bear Ave Target has 29 that I saw. Sheesh.

12. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I was just going to ask if Barricade was actually being scalped, but instead went and checked eBay...amazing. Not sure why this surprises me still. Well, other than the fact that these things will probably be warming shelves in another month or so and probably be available on Amazon at a discount price not too long after. Then again, I can't seem to just wait for them to appear on Amazon at the discount price either, so maybe I shouldn't talk...

13. optimusfan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I don't watch Amazon all the time, but they really only seem to go super-crazy with the Transformers discounts in the ~1 month before Christmas.

Also, the ones that are selling on Ebay looked like they were going for like $5-$15 over retail. That's not too crazy -- factor in gas and Ebay / Paypal fees and the sellers may not even be making a profit. Arcee is also coming down to only like 2.5-3.5x retail. Hopefully that means more are hitting the streets for those who are looking...

...and speaking of which, I've been keeping tabs on the La Crosse, WI store each week as my sister could pick up Arcee and Ratchet there. Still no go as of today, and they've apparently unpacked the truck for the week.

14. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As others have already said, great story. Always nice to see kids get the toy they really want.

Woodbury Walmart(last night): 1 HA Barricade nothing else new. And as someone already posted, one last MP Skywarp on clearance for $30.

15. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Yeah, but they're available on Amazon most of the time for $35 with free shipping...but obviously these people don't know that.

16. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

WSP Walmart is worthless as usual. Target next door not much better...not that I expected much different there from yesterday.

17. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Super Mod TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I spent the day out and about yesterday...The TRU in Minnetonka was a wasted trip...the shelves were so empty throughout the boys toys that I asked the clerk if they were going out of business. It was the same deal with TRU off of 494 and Penn...seriously, I am a manager in retail, and if my shelves looked like this, I would lose my job. The Targets are like this too, haven't you noticed? The aisle with the TF's, GI Joke, and SW toys isn't so bad, but move one aisle over to where the Marvel figures used to be, and you will see that they haven't been re-stocked since Christmas...nothing but empty pegs. I live real close to the Super Target in Minnetonka off of hwy 7 and 101, and when I was in there yesterday, I saw that the TF endcap was missing 2 pegs for deluxe figures...the pegs weren't empty, they were just plain gone. I grabbed one of the 10 Mudflaps and scanned it...sure enough, there were some in the back, so I asked the nearest clerk what was up with that...he went into the back and came out with 2 more Mudflaps and 2 Wheelies.
    Other Targets to cross off...Richfield, Ridgedale, Hopkins, St. Louis Park, Plymouth, and Chanhassen...all of these were pathetic.
    I said "screw it" and decided to go see what the manager of the Hot Comics was up to, so I went down to the one off of 66th and Nicollet (with a quick side stop at Hub Hobby where I picked up a model of Boba Fett's Slave 1). I hadn't been there for 5 minutes when I spotted a Star Wars toy I had been obsessing over for the last year or so...It was the Millenium Falcon from the 1982 Micro Collection! Micro Collection Millennium Falcon (Sears Exclusive) - Star Wars Collectors Archive It was just sitting there on top of the case with no price on it...I felt hopeful, because even in crap condition, these babys were going for $100 + on Ebay. The manager came over and I asked him what it cost...he asked me what it was worth to me, and I said "oh no, I ain't playin that game!" He motioned over to a near mint/complete original M-Falcon toy that was for sale for something like $150 and he told me that if I bought the big one, he'd toss the smaller one in for free...It was tempting, but I told him that I wasn't prepared to spend $150 on SW toys...we went back and forth and he finally told me "You can take 'em both for $80" I was pumped since I couldn't even find the Micro Falcon for that price. I told him he had a deal, so he said "Sweet, let me go get the box..." I was thinking that he had a big box for me to put the ships in since the original Falcon was pretty large, but NO!!! he comes out with THE ORIGINAL Empire Strikes Back box for the large Falcon!!! I almost pissed myself!
    So that was my deal of the day, and it pretty much made up for the lack of anything from all of the other retailers combined that I wasted a half tank of gas on. Of course, my man-cave is already pushing the limits of carrying capacity for nerd stuff, so I don't have room for the large Falcon, but it made my night.
    I still have yet to see Lockdown, Brawn, or Arcee anywhere, 'cause if I did, I'd have them...I know that they are supposed to be in stock of those in White Bear Lake, but jesus, I can't justify driving all the way out there for 2 deluxe figures...I've decided to wait until next fall when they finally get stocked around here, or just buy them online.
    On an interesting note, I had a talk with the manager of the TrU in Richfield, and he said that on load day there are on average 6-8 grown men waiting at the doors when they open so that they can come in and buy all of the new stuff. He was upset because "someone" had put a bunch of Arcees up above the shelves where nobody else could get to them, and how terribly unfair that was to little kids that actually wanted to buy these toys and play with them. He said that from now on, they were going to wait until later in the day or even the next day to add them to the shelves, and maybe only 1 or 2 at a time so that the kids get a shot at buying them too. I felt kinda bad since I used to be a kid once a loooooong time ago, and I know what it feels like to not be able to get something new.

18. optimusfan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    FYI: My posts are for the White Bear Ave. Target in Saint Paul, not White Bear Lake. The store is located on the east side of Saint Paul, a block south of 94.

19. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Super Mod TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ah thanks for the clarification...I guess my overall point was that I was burned out on driving all over the state for a couple of $12 figures...another couple of days, and I'll be back to my old self.

20. optimusfan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    No problem. Believe me, I think we've all been there at one point or another. Don't worry about those new ROTF deluxes too much as they'll be everywhere in the next couple of weeks to month.