Minnesota Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Foster, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Primus_feather

Primus_feather Well-Known Member

Well Duluth finally got some shipments in Hermantown WalMart got HA Barricade, And Central Entrance Target got the mother load with NEST Deluxe Lockdown, Ratchet, Brawn as well as ROTF Scout Breakdown, and NEST Voyager Mindwipe... Which I promptly got all of the above there are still a few Lockdown's and probably a Mindwipe (I didn't look)... Boy my wallet hates me today!

*Anybody seen Arcee/Ratchet yet? I'm heading down to the cities in the morning and don't want to waste a 3 hour drive!

2. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

They've been spotted, but they've been selling out rather quick. If you're making your trip specifically for that reason, you better call ahead, make sure they have them, then have them put on hold or it most likely will be a waste of a trip. Odds are probably low that they'll be in stock at any TRUs in the cities today since I believe new stock usually comes in and is put out Thursday or Friday.

edit: upon further review, this post may have come too late. Best of luck if you made the trip...

3. Seibermore

Seibermore Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got the last Mindwipe at Rochester Target North. I was in a hurry so I didnt see if there was the new deluxes.

4. biigdady69

biigdady69 Martimus Prime

Sooooooo did you buy that HA Barricade at the Crooklyn Dark Wally World or did you leave it there? I ask because I'm fairly close to that one, and I really want him.

~Marty

edit: Apparently you bought it, as I just called and he's gone. DAMMIT! :-(

5. Wheelie81

Wheelie81 Dinobot

News Credits:
    Barricade

Yeah I bought him but if it makes you feel better I did have you in mind and actually said to my husband..."I think Marty still wants one can you check if there are anymore." So if I do come across another one I will pick it up for ya.

6. speltze23

speltze23 Well-Known Member

Winona Wal-Mart today...1 HA Barricade. Still there. Not much else to report but if he has shown up here he has got to be about ready to spread like a rash up there.

7. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Spotted a HA Barricade at Richfield Target, Marty is gonna snag him. Also they are having a "sale" i guess. Voyager 19.99 and deluxe 9.99 ROTF figures. Feels like 2008 around here.

8. biigdady69

Thank you dear. That's extremely sweet of you! However, as my tall drink of water buddy Gabe just mentioned, I just snatched up the one he found at the Richfield ST which, by the way, is hugely newsworthy because this is the 1st Target sighting of him in not only MN, but the 1st I've seen in any of the state sightings forums! NICE FIND Gabe!!!

Now to eat some Philly Cheesesteak pizza and play with my new HA! Dammit I LOVE HA figures!!!!! :-D

~Martalicious

9. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    The White Bear Ave. Target had the new deluxes and 1x Mindwipe. I believe they had 2x Lockdown, 1x Brawn, and 1-2x Ratchet.

Also, I noted the same sale that Mister Gone did. Deluxes at $9.99 and Voyagers at $19.99.

Lots of clearance exclusives still at 50% off.

10. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    not a sighting, but i dig the new tfs that are coming out, at least some of them are not repaints...its seem they are trying to be creative....

has nebular starscream been spotted? knowing kmart it probably be 60-75$ for a exclusive.

11. biigdady69

For the most part, man, I totally agree with you. With that said, I simply can not get behind the powercore 2-packs. Don't get me wrong. I'm LOVING the new 5-packs, and I'll be snatching that Bruticus up faster than you can say "Auto-Morphing Limbs"! The 2-packs, however, are just too damn simplistic. And blocky, too. I'm sorry, but there have been way too many advancements in transforming technology and creativity to turn out such blocky, simplistic figures...

[​IMG]

See? Poor Huffer here, along with all the other new 2-pack combiners, reminds me of the Fast Action Battlers line of figures. Blocky, chunky, and simplistic.

The idea as a whole is actually really badass! I love the idea of a smaller "assistant-bot" that can transform into multiple weapons/accessories/armor. It's a really neat and creative idea that builds on the Headmaster/Targetmaster ideas of yesteryear and really takes the whole thing to virtually limitless heights! It's just too bad that the "bossbots" look so childish and easy. They look like transformers that were made 15 years ago, and I don't mean that in a good way. :-( Now of course this is meerly my opinion. I can guarantee that for every person that shares my point of view, there is someone (probably even within our own little clique. :)  Don't worry. It's ok. LOL!) that think's these new figs are "the bees knees". Oh well!

Now with all that said, I'm UBER PUMPED about the new 5-packs! Can we say "gestalt heaven"?!?!?!?!?!?! Seriously, I'm a big fan of all the old school gestalts, (Thanks again to Jeff/Sideswipe81 for the complete original set of Combaticons!) so the fact that not only are they bringing the whole combiner team idea back, but they're paying tribute to some of the old teams (Aerialbots, Combaticons, etc.), it just makes me thrilled to be a Transformers collector!

There is 1 concern I have about the new 5-pack teams, however. In all the reading I've done on all these new bad boys, one of the things that sounds really awesome is that when you attach one of the smaller figs to the leader bot, it apparently "automorphs" into the appropriate limb. I know. Badass, right?! Yep! So what on Earth could be wrong with such a neat sounding idea? Well, here's a hint. They refer to the smaller bots as "drones". Yeeeeeaaaahhhhhhh. "Drones". As far as I'm aware, the smaller bots don't even have names. I could be wrong on that one, but I don't think so. And no, that's not the problem. The problem is that I don't think the "dronebots" have individual robot modes. I pray that I'm wrong on that one. I. Pray. I mean, the automorph feature is indeed innovative. The thought of the drones autoconverting into the gestalts arms and legs will indeed make for a really badass almost "tv show" effect that is indeed something that hasn't been done before. Is it so cool that it's worth sacrificing individual robot modes for all the bots? Well, I'll put it this way. I bought the Legends Devastator over the so-called "Supreme" because I am a purist and if it's called a transformer then dammit it better transform into a damn robot! ROFL!

Anywho, sorry for the rant. I've been half asleep and I've dozed off several times during the writing of this. I'm too exhausted to proofread it, so hopefully it either a)makes perfect sense, or b) you know me enough to know what I'm tryin to say! LOL!

And on that note, I am off to bed!!! Night friends. :) 

~Marty

12. Primus_feather

Primus_feather Well-Known Member

while the TRU's I visited had nothin, the S.Target in Lino Lakes had lockdown,Ratchet,Brawn, and Mindwipe (was there 'round 9:30 so they should still be there by morning) If anyone finds any Arcee's or Ratchets @ANY TRU's in the area grab 'em for me I'll pay you back +Shipping.

13. Bluestreaker

Bluestreaker Rodimus Pie!!! TFW2005 Supporter

Maybe a bit late to post this, but just in case:

Edina/Southdale Target had 1x Lockdown, 1x Ratchet and 2x Brawn left as of about 4pm Monday Afternoon.

Bloomington Target had a couple of Mindwipes and about 4 Bludgeons. Make sure to check those endcaps.

Feels good to have time to hunt again.

14. biigdady69

Yeah. I'm quotin' myself. I know. I'm kickass. The following realization, however, is faaaarrrrr from kickass.,,

So after I wrote that last post, I pulled up the official image of Bruticus and mega-zoomed it (Yep. That is indeed an official term. Look it up. LOL!). After close inspection, I can say with full certainty that those damn "dronebots" do NOT have robot modes. Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

It's a good thing I'm way too tired to cry. ;-(

15. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

Found a HA Barricade @ Woodbury Walmart this morning! There's one more on the shelf I also saw that Legends movie Devastator that has the combined/robot modes too. There was 2 on an end cap the price was $32 bucks.

16. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I can confirm the limbs of the PC combiners have no robot modes, making them worse than the Energon combiners and their use of repaints. It's weak and I won't be buying them.

It was all over the news threads, you should participate in them.

17. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    I know I'm in the minority but I thought Hasbro's showing at TF2010 was very underwhelming. A few gems, a couple a hits, a ton of misses. Out of everything announced, this is what I plan on getting:

Seaspray
    Drift
    MP Grimlock
    and maybe Straxus

That's really pathetic compared to the spending spree I went on with Classics and Universe 2.0. I'm hoping FP comes up with some more figure to fill the gaps in my heart :D  My fingers are crossed that a few more G1 updates make their way into the line otherwise I might have to start going the custom figure route to finish my 84/85 updates.

18. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I kinda agree but at least our wallets will be :D , though not our hearts :(  I was hoping for a classics deluxe wheeljack and jazz, even a repaint of Voyager Inferno as Grapple would have been easy to do and a nice addition.

19. Rewind

Rewind living alien robot cassette man from space

News Credits:
    I'm not into the new stuff either. I love gestalts, and I don't always need the components to have robot modes (See Combattler, Voltes, Voltron, etc) but they have to look really damn cool for me to forgive a lack of robot mode, and these PC combiners look far too dull for me to muster any interest. They look like a cost-cutting measure thinly disguised as a "new idea".

As for the other PC Combiners, they look OK. They look about as exciting as something from Armada or Energon. I want to be excited about the Multitaskicons they come with, but I just can't get behind the clear plastic. It looks dumb for weapons, it looks doubly dumb for robots (although some one-off exclusives in clear plastic look kinda cool, but that's more of a novelty thing). I suspect it is another cost-cutting measure as it allows them to skip paintjobs.

I really don't find the lack of focus this year very attractive either. I don't know what the "main line" is supposed to be, and I don't get the feeling that Hasbro even knows. It's a few figures here and there from a multitude of different corners of the TF world, like Hasbro is experimenting and seeing what sticks and what doesn't. I never got into the movie line, but I can at least commend that line for having a clear and solid focus and even inspiration. I would have thought they'd only be in the middle of the barrel at this point with Transformers, but it looks like Hasbro decided to just go full speed ahead straight to the bottom.

20. Bluestreaker

Bluestreaker Rodimus Pie!!! TFW2005 Supporter

Mostly in agreement with you here, but I'd add Thrust to that list, since I don't have the Henkei version. I'm also down for some of the new, movie accurate stuff like deluxe Ironhide and Bumblebee, and the new-mold voyager Prime.

I think as for as the PC Combiner stuff, I'll have to see it in person before I make the call.