Minnesota Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Foster, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    Knollwood Target has one SS Starscream (Bumblebee). One went home with me. They also have a SS Grimlock and SS Hot Rod.

2. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    So the first few of you who've gotten BB Screamer...how is he?

3. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    He's a unique design. The panels are a bit gappy and there are parts that seem stressed and don't seem to fit "right" (his feet seem to warp the lower legs due to the thrusters in the calves). I applaud the imaginative design but the engineering has some sticking points.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  4. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    Edina has one remaining SS Beescream, much Wave 1 Kingdom outside of leaders and a couple dinobots (maybe some infernos, too. I didn't dig through the voyagers)

I like BB Starscream a LOT. I haven't noticed the warping and stressing ::EDIT: Okay yeah when you fold the feet in it does stretch out the legs a little, I see it now that I know what I'm looking for::, and my panels aren't really all that gappy. I think he's a significant step up from Blitzwing, who was pretty blah to me. There's a lot of folding panels here, if that's your jam. I think his arms in alt mode could have folded up a bit neater so you don't have exposed hands and just kind of ah 'eh no one looks at the back' back of the vehicle::EDIT HAHA DISREGARD I DID IT WRONG::, but for a movie-version tetra jet, I'm pretty happy with him and would consider doing thundercracker and skywarp if they happened.

Airrazor, Huffer, and Ractonite just shipped from pulse, so my list of stuff I'm hunting for is now Dino, Core Megs, and Netflix Deep Cover.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
  5. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    I like the design and overall build of BB Starscream quite a bit. The transformation is fun and the alt mode appeals to me a lot more in hand than it did in photos, where I mostly got a “what am I even looking at?” vibe. It reminds me of fighter from a shmup game.

The one problem on mine is the nosecone, which is made of soft PVC. Mine is pretty warped and angles up and to the left. Luckily it pulls right off so I’ll just give it a hot water bath and see if that resets it.

:edit:
    As Mister Gone mentioned, the feet do stretch out the calves a bit in alt mode. I think the plastic has enough flexibility to accommodate it, but it definitely feels kind if wrong, like the thruster parts aren’t seated properly or something.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
  6. Bumblebee bug 1

Bumblebee bug 1 Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I haven't had any issues with clearance or warping of the feet. He feels much heftier and more substantial than Blitzwing, and the transformation is satisfyingly involved. The proportions in both modes are a bit weird, but said proportions are both very screen accurate. My only real complaints are that I wish the gun stayed in his hand better and had a better storage option in robot mode, and I wish I could mount his null rays on his arms.

7. einhazard

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, this. Me too on this. The pegs on mine are a little loose on the wings in bot mode too.

8. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    Just got my order of parts from Nonnef in the mail to fill all those gaps on my Siege/Earthrise figures and give some of them proper weapons Hasbro didn't.

Just need to find a proper clipper to cut the pieces off their racks.

9. einhazard

News Credits:
    They actually sell decent gunpla nippers at Target now, as well as like the 4 same Gundam kits they've carried since covid started. Otherwise Amazon you can get Mr. Hobby stuff for cheap.

• Like Like x 1
  10. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Eagan Walmart had a Deep Cover, Rusted Barricade and two Netflix Cheetor. Took the Deep Cover home for @einhazard.

Also a few RED Cheetor and a Prime Arcee.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

I just got my Unicron yesterday, haven't opened him. Still debating if I'm gonna sell him. I definitely don't really have any place to display him, not unless I move some stuff that I don't wanna move. When I bought him what, a year and a half or so ago? I never thought I woulda sold off 90% of my Classic type figures. Nor would I have thought that I'd buy a house that has less space for Transformers either.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Spiff-O-Matic

Spiff-O-Matic I can haz catch-phrase?

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    I'll start the bidding at $20, cash in hand ;) 

13. Snarlus Prime

Snarlus Prime Well-Known Member

$25!

14. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Eagan Walmart got cleaned out of Netflix Deluxes. There were 2 kingdom Dinobots and an Inferno tho

15. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Super Mod TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nothing shockingly new or interesting at the following targets:
    Plymouth
    Knollwood
    St. Louis Park
    Edina
    Bloomington

16. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Happy Ark Day. Gonna have the stream going on one device and my phone browser on Pulse with credit card in hand.

Probably more hyped for that Ark than any of the BW stuff that's coming. Even that Amazon Skywarp.

• Like Like x 1
  17. einhazard

News Credits:
    ....good heaven, $700 for an Optimus.

18. GX9901DoubleX

GX9901DoubleX Just a passing through rider...

For something like that I think the price is not bad at all. The question is how to pull the trigger on one. I'd totally go for something like that, but I probably need some time to convince myself to order one given how much it costs.

• Like Like x 2
  19. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    I think a lot of people (myself included) were expecting a little more to be shown at this Fan Fest. Really, I'm in for Tracks, Rodimus Prime, Galvatron, Scroponok, and...maybe Rhinox. I have to see him next to Generations Rhinox though cause I still really like that Rhinox.

20. Snarlus Prime

Snarlus Prime Well-Known Member

I'm excited for the Tracks. My son will love the Rodimus - will that be "normal retail" or should I get Hasbro Pulse now for ordering it?