Minnesota Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Foster, Oct 23, 2003.

1. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    I only asked about Ractonite and Huffer because I've got Airazor and wasn't interested in Arcee. There wasn't a Huffer so she just brought this guy from the back.

My guess is they've got them as the guy last week pulled Arcee and Airazor when he was getting "one of each." And he did that because he couldn't remember which ones I wanted.

That guy referred to it as "back stock" so I'm guessing there's just a box with a bunch of these sitting in it.

2. Bluestreaker

Bluestreaker Rodimus Pie!!!

News Credits:
    I actually agree with you guys. My assumption is that most people like the shiny.

3. MotorMastersRev

MotorMastersRev Well-Known Member

I agree the vacuum metal flakes and the plastic becomes brittle. However, many marvel legends tend to look good in metallic paint, or have a marble look going on in the plastic that I feel could work well enough.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    So, apparently all the Kingdom Deluxe figures that are in the back at the Target along Highway 65 are wave 1. Finally asked an employee to check on that and a lady came out with one of each, said they were all the same. Ah, well...hopefully wave 2 is in the backroom somewhere around here.

In other news, my Siege Omega Supreme showed up today after being "In transit" in Encino, NM for over a week. LOL The box is HUGE. o_O  I had forgotten how big Titan class figure boxes were.

5. GX9901DoubleX

GX9901DoubleX Just a passing through rider...

I don’t know. Those of us who recently received Unicron might have our definition of HUGE permanently skewed. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  6. Snarlus Prime

Snarlus Prime Well-Known Member

Gonna through these up on FB Market place in a bit. All complete except for Retrax. PM me if interested.

Attached Files:

7. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    Oh that's super weird. I had to run over there this morning for a different reason and they had a BW megs. Looks like they restocked the w1 deluxes and w1 core guys too

I'll take this over streetdating any day. I'm okay waiting a little bit, especially it feels like we see new stuff every month now.

In re:to TCP shipping, I'm prolly gonna ship out some NewAge stuff tomorrow, so we'll see what happens to mine as well. I/my wife have had a few things get the 'in transit' treatment. My one order that missed me completely had that happen.

In re:to vac metal: *fart noise*. Shiny stuff is neat, but if it means it being crappy and not shiny later just due to existing, nah. I'm hoping the next trilogy caps off BW stuff by doing Transmetals/Fuzors, TM2, and then BM as lines respectively. I'd love to see more Armada stuff. Naval Commander is great even with his problems. The only thing that bums me out about thinking about revamped armada is that all the gimmicks would be gone. On the other hand, I still have my armada stuff, so if I was really in the mood for that, it exists.

Just as long as Megatron can still hold his turret like a big ol' banjo.

8. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    "Banjo-Kablooie"

• Like Like x 2
  9. MotorMastersRev

That is weird. When I was there, there was a Leader Kingdom Optimus Prime on the bottom shelf. That’s all unless there is another spot.

I’ve only seen BW Megatron once and another shopper beat me to it by a few seconds.

Meanwhile Eden Prairie has had 5 Grimlocks for some time.

10. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think I heard that there was some Star Wars stuff, and maybe others street dated for 4/1...is it possible that there is a reset coming to that aisle, or maybe they are holding stock for an upcoming endcap?

11. einhazard

News Credits:
    Yeah it was on the shelf above that.

Also as far as the endcap goes, could be? Would explain holding back that much stuff from the shelves i guess?

12. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    That makes some sense. Another thing I've been wondering is if stores were holding back some newer stock (in general) for April so they could write off Q1 as COVID related and then stock back heavily going in to Q2 to catch people who've gotten their tax refund and stimulus checks.

Because you look at Hasbro being relatively silent about new waves of EVERYTHING through most of Q1, and now they're having their big preorder party in the first weeks of April.

• Like Like x 1
  13. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    I found a single Core class Starscream at Andover Walmart today as well as a Voyager class Inferno. Picked up Starscream and have to say his transformation is quite different from the usual seeker jet transformation. Like his entire robot chest opens up to do a flip around with the wings and arms, and...just really different.

I'm wondering her actually...given a week or so ago when I found Netflix Soundwave but figured everyone that wanted one had one, then turned out they didn't, if maybe we should have some kind of checklist for what everyone here on the Minnesota thread might be looking for.

Like are people still looking for any of the older Netflix figures now? The Studio Series figures? Kingdom wave 2 Deluxes?

I know I'm basically just looking for a Huffer and Airazor...and maybe a Netflix Cheetor.

• Like Like x 1
  14. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Probably out of your range, but Eagan had both Cheetor and Deep Cover this afternoon.

15. MotorMastersRev

I have Airazor and Huffer on preorder. I like “the hunt“ up to a point.

I didn’t plan on getting any of the Beast Wars stuff besides maybe Rhinox and Tigatron, but most of them just look really good, except for Cheetor and Dinobot’s oversized noggin. So hoping to find Megatron with the neutral face.

Other than that I’ve been tracking down older stuff like RID Autobot bro’s .

16. einhazard

News Credits:
    Ditto. I preorder everything I KNOW I'm looking for to guarantee that I'll get it for sure, and then hunt for the rest. Usually it's worth hunting anyhow since Target/Walmart still seem to be a month or two ahead of online, and even through COVID I just like wandering through stores even if I don't buy stuff (#1 reason I miss Toys R Us, right there).
    Right now, I'm looking for Kingdom W2 deluxes (except Arcee), Core Megs, and w2 of the retro headmasters since eh, I like wave 1 well enough. I guess Dino should start showing up soonish too, so also him. I guess I'm KINDA looking for Netflix Deep Cover as well, as I'm not picky between him and the Pulse version (and I'm like the one person who likes the battle damaged ones).

As far as Netfix Soundwave goes, I'm pretty sure there will always be a demand here as he was super hard to find.

Meanwhile, looks like Unicron decided to take a scenic trip across the Chicago suburbs yesterday....
    upload_2021-3-30_9-44-7.png

*loud sigh* I don't think he'll be showing up today as predicted by FedEx.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Matt Overholser

Matt Overholser Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of a good target possibly find kingdom wave 2 deluxes at?
    Trying to take advantage of the target sale.

18. MotorMastersRev

Maybe try Minnetonka off Highway 7 and 101.

I never see anyone post about it. I went there about a week ago and found Wave 2 core figures. Multiples of each. I passed them up and went back the next day and they were all gone.

They had pretty much nothing else. Maybe they’ve moved something to the shelves by now.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Matt Overholser

Matt Overholser Well-Known Member

Well may have just found out why deluxe kingdom wave 2 is dated for April fools day, was at forest lake target and they have a end cap partially set up. So target may prepping for the Netflix show.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Super Mod

News Credits:
    I figured it was something like that.

• Like Like x 1