Minnesota Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Foster, Oct 23, 2003.

1. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    I'm hoping it's a sign Eagan/AV will *finally* get some. The one I normally use for groceries hasn't stocked Leaders since October but for whatever reason hasn't restocked yet.

2. Matt Overholser

Matt Overholser Well-Known Member

I Know where I’m going tomorrow.

3. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    WELP I WISH I HAD SEEN THIS LIKE.... 15 MIN EARLIER SINCE EDINA'S JUST UP THE ROAD FROM ME. Crud, I have a dentist appointment in the morning so I prolly can't get over there right away either. ><

I didn't see any, but there was a lot of stuff packed there and I didn't want to rifle through all of it, so it's POSSIBLE.

4. Primus_feather

Primus_feather Well-Known Member

I know its a lot to ask for.. but being in duluth.. if anyone feels the need to dig through their stock and find one.. ill pay for it and you to ship it up to me.. plus a finders fee!

5. einhazard

News Credits:
    I'll check the next time I'm over there, but MOA is kinda not the place I'm quick to go to during COVID. XD Still, my wife goes there every now and then so I'll tag along.

Also, picked up Kup, Blurr, and Jazz at Edina Target. There's still probably 3-4 left of each, as well as... basically everything. Grabbed a Grimlock for T-hybrid.

Oddly, I haven't really seen core figures around very much since that first december hit of Kingdom. I've been passively interested in the prime, but I'm in no rush to find it.

• Like Like x 3
  6. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Super Mod TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just checked...no Ironhide figures.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bluestreaker

Bluestreaker Rodimus Pie!!! TFW2005 Supporter

Has anyone here had any luck restoring blue plastic? I know how it works for de-yellowing white plastic, not sure if that applies to colors.

8. Rahal Stmin

Rahal Stmin Bounty Hunter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Just stopped at the Bloomington target and they have Warpath, that skeleton one, and 2 Blackarachnias

9. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    I like that the Megatron has his gun mode as an accessory, and I'm hoping the Soundwave is his tape deck alt so all my bots can carry around a boom box.

A Core Reflector would be awesome, too. Just to get a smaller camera.

10. MotorMastersRev

MotorMastersRev Well-Known Member

Received Gcreation Rebel today. First impressions, beautiful sculpt and paint.

Tight joints and Marvel Legends level articulation. Though some areas the tolerances are a bit tight like waist and shoulder rotation. Not too tight to turn. You can go 360, but it will rub on other parts.

Areas you can see through bot mode are minimal around ankles and backpack. Difficult to notice unless you are really looking for it, so it gives a very solid look.

Shoulder missiles stay in place well. You can shake it and they won’t fall out but when trying to position them they can come out. So best to angle them how you want before pegging them in.

Not much die-cast. Only piece I can tell that is, is the lower backpack. Figure still has some heft to it that makes me feel like there is more than that. Might just be the good plastic quality. Also nice rubber tires with tread.

Haven’t converted it to vehicle mode yet. So I’m not sure how fun or discouraging the transformation might be.

Overall a very nice piece. My only nitpick is the smaller panels for transformation on the chest and knee pads move easily when handling. So posing can require some patience.

If you like Prowl and IDW designs then it’s a strong recommend.

11. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Looks like Target has marked down Studio stuff. Not sure if this is on a per store basis, but could be handy if you're on the fence about a guy like Hot Rod.
    20210220_071246.jpg
    20210220_071250.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  12. MotorMastersRev

Found one of each Kup, Blurr, and Jazz at Shakopee Target. I scooped up Kup and Jazz.

13. Bluestreaker

I have an extra opened Newage legends-scale Soundwave and tapes. Retail $70, selling for $50.
    7C18F39B-C8BF-45FC-94E3-D74256D9C28D.jpeg

14. MotorMastersRev

Transformed Gcreations Rebel. Conversion wasn’t bad, but not intuitive.

Finished result really isn’t great. There’s another set of pegs on the forearms that I’m not sure what they’d plug into. The things that do tab in, don’t tab in very well.

The upper back that isn’t die-cast is kinda flexible, and the ports for tabs are so tight that it just doesn’t want to snap together.

EDIT: In fact I don’t think there’s any die-cast in here now.

Vehicle mode looks really chunky for a car bot and has a lot of gaps.

If you like to transform back and forth a lot, it probably isn’t for you. If you just want a nice representation of Prowl in bot mode for your shelf then I think it’s worth it.

Thoughts on SS 86 Jazz, it’s okay. It’s toon accurate. Looks good in both modes. Biggest complaint is getting that back window section tabbed in is a small pain. I’m still in love with my RTS version though.

SS 86 Kup. I feel his chest should be bigger. Maybe slightly bulkier arms and legs but everyone kinda pointed that out before the figure was released. Truck mode seems really small and doesn’t feel like it scales well with Hotrod.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  15. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Shout-out to @einhazard for nabbing a Grimlock for me. Having him in hand, it's impressive how solid he is and also how simple his transformation is.

And that's not to the figure's detriment. Looking forward to more Dinobots in this style, and glad being a leader/Studio figure didn't translate in to a bunch of pointless panels for panels sake.

Only change I'd make is replace Wheelie with his sword, but I get they wanted to do the "Mockery of Justice" diorama thing. Wonder if they'll do some kind of accessory kit with it in the future.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Primus_feather

Primus_feather Well-Known Member

Thanx everyone who looked..

17. MotorMastersRev

Two leader Grimlocks at EP Target.

18. einhazard

News Credits:
    Bloomington target has some Cyberverse deluxes (starscream & soundwave), w1 Kingdom deluxes, and a couple Primals. But hey, Xpanse shipped!

19. Bluestreaker

Who knows how to remove rubber or contact cement residue?

I was trying to restore some decals on an ehobby Sunstorm, and some dweeb appears to have glued them on.

Definitely more than a Goo-gone job.

20. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Super Mod TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Try some WD-40