Minnesota Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Foster, Oct 23, 2003.

1. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    you must have been over there right before me! When I was there there were 2 paleotrexes and I think... 1 cheetor and 1 warpath? I didn't pay great attention.

Edina Target didn't have the Buzzworthy 2 pack (app lied to me!) but they DID have 1 hot rod and 2 scourges, so I brought home a hotrod and a scourge. Both are great! Hot Rod is even smaller than I imagined, but a ton of fun to transform. I hope they don't go that direction with too many figures tho. Still puzzling that Cyclonus is in Kingdom instead of '86 to me.

2. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    Cyclonus is probably a bigger name draw to help bolster that case with Primal while Hot Rod is the big name player next to Scourge. Also splitting Cyclonus and Scourge means you can get a Con/Bot in each case.

Also, I am astounded by how tall a boy Cyclonus is. I don't have him in hand but seeing him next to fellow Kingdom is...wow.

3. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    I just hope that the rumored Leader class Galvatron doesn't tower over Cyclonus when he comes out. I always remember Cyclonus towered over Galvatron by at least a head's length. I'm guessing if anything though he'll be a Leader class simply cause of all the extra stuff he'll maybe come with like how they justified Siege Shockwave being a Leader class. LOL

Also, I just read a rumor of a Rodimus Prime in the Commander class!? Again, I'm gonna assume coming with a lot of extras (including that entire space Winnebago back end)because while yes, Rodimus is bigger than Hot Rod, he isn't a giant.

4. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Have they announced a Titan for Kingdom?

Edit: ah, The Ark. Hope that means a Nemesis in the next series.

5. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    In both cases, I'd point to SS86 Hot Rod as an example of where the additional costs will go. Advanced engineering, overall higher parts count, more accessories, better paint apps. In addition, leakers suggest Galvatron will be packed alongside a number of accessories that allow him to take on some kind of railgun mode. So I wouldn't be shocked if that means he has a Doubledealer like "extra" that allows him to connect to some of the Siege/ER bases.

If you think about the lack of any real detail/paint inside Prime's trailer, that's one thing the Commander price point will allow them to improve upon. He'll also likely have a far more impressive "cab mode" compared to the original G1 toy. The various classes at this point are no longer about size so much as they are the pricepoint HasTak need to be at to get a worthwhile ROI on the figure. Putting him in Leader likely would mean a dumbed down "cab" and a ER Prime-esque trailer.

They haven't announced it officially. But that mural they accidentally put up, along side the more reliable leakers we've seen are indicating it's going to be a transforming Ark, alongside a Deluxe sized Teletraan-1. We know the Ark would have a bot mode, but it's unclear as to if the Teletraan-1 will as well. It's possible it'll just be a part of the ship mode that breaks off and turns in to the computer console for the Core-scaled base mode.

• Like Like x 1
  6. einhazard

News Credits:
    Considering Cyclonus is juuuust shy of Beast Megatron's height, it's possible either way. Cyclonus is VERY tall.

Not officially, but it's the Ark.

Also, unless they're integrating weaponizer ports into Studio Series, it seems more like Hot Rod and Scourge were supposed to be in Generations. Scourge has a TON of weaponizer ports. Hot Rod's are just on his legs, but they're still there (and Arcee didn't really have that many either). Definitely seems like Covid janked up some plans.

7. Matt Overholser

Matt Overholser Well-Known Member

Still trying to find thrust has anyone seen him yesterday or today? And where?

8. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    Had I known people were still looking for him, there were two in the Northtown Target yesterday. Probably gone now.

Also for those that might remember the situation with my Dad, I'm happy to report he's home now. After being in a hospital since December 4th. Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Matt Overholser

I’m probably the only one still looking for him. Lol

10. einhazard

News Credits:
    He was available on Target's site to order a little while ago. right now says the only place that has him in the twin cities is Midway.

11. ghaash

ghaash Member

I havent seen any thrusts since Tuesday. If I find any I'll PM you.

Still looking for BW megs, black arachnia and airazor here.

12. Matt Overholser

which target is midway? City wise? I’m not familiar to all the lingo on here, what some people call one thing I call it something completely different.

13. Matt Overholser

Air razor isn’t till wave 2

14. deusxanime

deusxanime Well-Known Member

"Midway" refers to the area by 94 & Snelling, so I assume that is the one they mean.

1300 University Ave W, St Paul, MN 55104

So it does refer to a neighborhood and not just a made-up name, like hidden Walmart (which I always forget what it refers to, other than nowhere close to me). ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  15. GodzillaHop

GodzillaHop Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Target.com has Thrust available for order for pick up at the St. Paul midway Target as of right now. Says they have 4.

16. Matt Overholser

Just stopped at Richfield parkway and there’s still one SS86 hot rod.

17. MotorMastersRev

MotorMastersRev Well-Known Member

I saw a lone Thrust in Eden Prairie a couple days ago. Box was pretty beaten.

I’m curious considering Hotrods extra engineering, being a deluxe at voyager price point, would anyone have preferred they did the same with Ironhide/Ratchet so we wouldn’t have the feet sticking out the back uncovered? Or the roof shield on the Earthrise versions? I’d have gladly paid the extra $10 for that.

• Like Like x 1
  18. einhazard

News Credits:
    Burnsville Walmart. Go there and you'll see why we call it that. XD

Maaaybe. I kinda feel like.... hotrod is $5 extra engineering and $5 extra accessories. I kinda like the roof shield/surfboard, but I wouldn't be against the extra cost if it was attached to something good and not just 'here's a bunch of little bits that don't store anywhere that you can look forward to losing'.

Also with Hot Rod, the mushroom peg in the shoulder rotation is suuuuper tight. Anyone else run into that? Seems like it's getting better, but I've been extra paranoid since Megatron.

19. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    I'm guessing there already is some extra cost that goes in to those two molds, which is why the only way to get any version of either is always in a two-pack with a repaint of something far more common.

Also, ER was already pretty crammed for space with it's Voyagers. So there just may not have been a spot for them at retail even if they wanted to.

20. Bluestreaker

Bluestreaker Rodimus Pie!!! TFW2005 Supporter

3 Hot Rod and 1 Scourge at NE Mpls / Quarry Target.