Minnesota Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Foster, Oct 23, 2003.

1. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    We've only seen 1 outcome for each of those characters too, right?

(Oh you kinda addressed that. Whoops).

• Like Like x 1
  2. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Lovehammer Lives!

News Credits:
    The weirdest part is, aside from Dinobot's, all of the outcomes are already canon.

So it's not even a Mortal Kombat thing where each card is a different ending. They all could realistically happen simultaneously.

3. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Are the buzzworthy deluxes a sightings thing? They had wave one at st. Louis park. They just look like repack of movie bb stuff

4. einhazard

News Credits:
    I suppose if people are really into yellow packaging? Savage had ww2, and both camero bees, as well as shatter, but I didn't bother mentioning them before.

5. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    I'll hold out hope that, as with many of these lines, it'll get a few new molds if the initial stuff sells.

It'd also be a nice landing spot for a Netflix Bee reissue and/or that Saucer Bee we should have gotten during Siege.

6. einhazard

News Credits:
    I dunno, seems like shelfwarmer: the series. Like none of the SS figures were particularly well loved (though I think that movie 1 bee is the best SS bee so far), the big giant one-steps will prolly work with kids... was there ever plan or even rumor of a saucer bee tho?

7. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    That was a missed opportunity...though to be fair, none of the Siege bots outside of the Decepticons, most notably the Seekers, really attempted to look very Cybertronian. Like all the Autobots could almost pass for Earth vehicles. I'm surprised we didn't get an Earthrise Sideswipe/Red Alert as they would have had to alter so little of the Siege mold. ...Actually, I probably just answered my own question as to why, LOL.

8. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Besides the hard pivot to screen accuracy, ER's biggest contribution to the toyline in the long run will be people forgetting Siege even happened outside the Tetrajets. It was such a wasted concept when Hasbro knew they were going to do "screen accurate" next. It came off as a quick cash-grab to get hardcores double-dipping.

9. MotorMastersRev

MotorMastersRev Well-Known Member

I read a rumor that ER Sideswipe was bumped for another figure and will be coming out as a possible exclusive. Same source said Tarantulus and the rest of the Dinobots are coming too.

10. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    That recent drunk leaker suggested a handful of "ER" guys will continue to come out as exclusives and beyond. So it doesn't sound like the WfC style is going anywhere after Kingdom. Whether you buy it or not is up to you (and honestly I'm taking it all with a grain of salt since none of the usual suspects who leak stuff have stepped in to correct/deny any of it).

For all the leaks though, I'm genuinely shocked that both Galvatron and Rodimus haven't trickled out yet.

11. einhazard

News Credits:
    Eh, I don't see it like that. There's always overlap. Look how many different optimi we got over the Prime Wars, for example. I do totally agree they should have pushed the designs more (I would love to someday get a 1p set of Lightning Strike Coalition Dynobots... though the Ashura Knights will do it for me in the meantime), but what we DID get was still a lot of fun. I think there's always the risk of having a version of a character you like come out that's better than the one you just got, but I also think if your main hangup is solely accuracy... just... don't be... like that? I mean, I probably bought more repaints between Siege and WFC than any other line, and I have 0 regrets on it (...okay maybe some regrets because they just keep releasing more megatrons). All that said, there aren't really any molds that are total duds for me in this whole trilogy. Aside from Arcee.

Maybe hasbro cracked down after basically all of Kingdom was spoiled? I'd be fine with that. I miss being surprised by new figures. On the other hand, I don't miss seeing that first shot of CW Motormaster drunkenly slumped over being the first thing I see of CW.

12. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    I mean, yeah...but also those were all varied by both alt and bot mode. Similar as they were, CW/TR/PotP Primes all served different purposes. But that's not a discussion for the sightings forum.

True, though the first Kingdom announcement on that one Fan Friday also showed that big ol' mural with the Arkbot on it and I'm still confident that wasn't supposed to happen.

The other thing when it comes to leaks, if the leakers are too far ahead it's always possible they're leaking stuff that is just concept. Think about all the new stuff, what if those aren't final and now we'll see people go "OH WHERE'S REXY!?" or some stuff.

Like, I honestly do not believe for a second that Tarantulas, Terrorsaur, and Inferno won't be around in short order. Especially someone like Terrorsaur who's got like five repaints lined up.

13. MotorMastersRev

MotorMastersRev Well-Known Member

I guess the impression I had was Covid screwed up a lot of Hasbro’s plans so things got shuffled.

I don’t think the beasts/kingdom were originally intended for the third act. Movie production was on hold. So some stuff got put into to Studio Series and Kingdom was brought forward to fill gaps.

So I could see where more beasts may have originally been planned for their own series and will see release in some way or another as exclusives or mainline.

Just speculation of course.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Spiff-O-Matic

Spiff-O-Matic I can haz catch-phrase?

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Grabbed Thrust from Eagan Target. I called earlier in the day based off Popfindr saying they had 4. Guy pulled him from the back and made it sound like there were more, but just now the TF shelf was basically barren.

15. Foster

Foster Haslab Unicron Backer #10 Veteran

News Credits:
    Eden Prairie Target has a Thrust and a clearance Pounce/Wingspan set.

16. Wazdakka

Wazdakka Decepticon

After 7+ months on pre-order and 4+ delays, Walmart cancelled my Earthrise Snapdragon. I cannot say I recommend buying from them.

17. einhazard

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  18. GX9901DoubleX

GX9901DoubleX Well-Known Member

I honestly don't know why Walmart.com even exists. It's such an epic fail on so many levels. I guess one thing it succeeded in is that it pretty much replicates the ambiance of an actual Walmart, which is a place I'd rather not set foot in if I didn't have to.

• Like Like x 1
  19. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Richfield and Eagan both claimed they had Kingdom "on hand" if you went by the computer (at least I think it was Eagan, I've been to a lot of Targets the last few days) but in both cases I didn't see them anywhere. Including where you'd expect maybe an endcap to be hanging out.

I'm all caught up on Kingdom, but wouldn't mind getting a bit of luck on an 86 Grimmy.

And just in case that isn't available by the time you get to it, Pulse has your back.

Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Voyager WFC-E21 D – Hasbro Pulse

And the old Hasbro Toy Shop eBay store front (which is legit) also has him. With free shipping.

Transformers Toys Generations War for Cybertron: Earthrise Voyager WFC-E21 | eBay

----

In other news: I love Astrotrain. But I saw in Peaugh's review (as with mine) his tender car doesn't like to lay flat in shuttle/base mode.

20210104_224549.jpg

Peaugh mentioned trimming the joint a bit. But don't think he specifically said where. Did anybody else fix this on theirs? I know there's a handful of guys in this thread who usually figure these kinds of remedies out.

20210104_224628.jpg

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  20. GX9901DoubleX

GX9901DoubleX Well-Known Member

I tried trimming some of the plastics around the hinges, but the effects were minimal. I think I tried that before I got a dremel tool last year, so maybe using a power tool would have better results. But honestly I almost forgot Siege Astrotrain came with that box. I don't even use the weapons he came with because I got an aftermarket G1 style gun for him.