Minnesota Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Foster, Oct 23, 2003.

1. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    Well, this year continues its "fun".
    My Dad and I both have COVID, and worse...he's in the hospital right now cause of it.

I am beyond nervous wreck right now... God dang this year. Sorry if this isn't the place to mention such things, but I'm just sitting here now home alone worrying.

• Like Like x 3
  2. vicious7171

vicious7171 chillin like a villain

Sorry MST3KFan, best wishes for a fast and safe recovery!

• Like Like x 2
  3. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Lovehammer Lives!

News Credits:
    I don't think it's the wrong place. Especially if you're at home alone right now. This whole thing sucks and not all of us are fortunate to be stuck inside with other people.

Hopefully things turn around for both of you.

• Like Like x 4
  4. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Sorry to hear. Wishing you guys a speedy recovery.

• Like Like x 2
  5. MST3KFan

News Credits:
    Thanks everyone.

It's the part with my Dad that has me extra worried. I'm feeling better day by day, but given all the stuff he's been through since 2011, holding off cancer, the virus really did a number on my Dad. The doctor I spoke to yesterday really created a grim picture of how things were going...basically we have to hope my Dad's body has the strength to fight back while they give him medicines to try and help him with that. After all he's fought against, I don't want this virus to beat him. He's been a fighter, as mentioned since 2011, I don't want some stupid virus to be what beats him.

• Like Like x 8
  6. Bot Hunter1138

Bot Hunter1138 Customizer

MST3KFan- Good luck and a fast recovery.

————————————
    In other news, my Super Megatron arrived today. Unfortunately, he has the wrong tank tread on the right leg, it is a duplicate of the left tread. Hopefully Hasbro can help fix the issue. It does not hurt transformation, just looks odd.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    good luck man, that sucks. I hope your dad turns it around like he's done before!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wazdakka

Wazdakka Decepticon

Best wishes to MST3KFan.

In other news, I ended up with all the Walmart Netflix Siege Decepticons: Megatron and Co, Hotlink and Crew, and Mirage. Anyone interested? Would sell at cost, or potentially below.

9. Rodimus Pie

Rodimus Pie AWKWARD

We’re pretty certain my father in law had it. He’s 93. Got really sick, and has (obviously) underlying health issues. He was able to pull through. So it’s possible. Sounds like your pop is pretty tough. I hope you guys didn’t get exposed by someone not taking this crap seriously. But whatever the case, there’s hope.

10. MST3KFan

News Credits:
    Thank you everyone for the well wishes.

And thanks for sharing that stuff about your father-in-law, Rodimus. I've heard of other people telling me their elderly parents and family members getting it and while it was rough, managed to survive it. I hope my Dad will, too.
    As for how we got it...I can't say. I wonder if it wasn't when my Dad went for his monthly cancer treatments at the VA hospital since he showed the symptoms first, but usually hospitals are super big about cleaning.

Still...all it takes is one jerk to take off their mask and cough or sneeze on a surface people touch that no one sees them do that to... I just know I was always trying to be super careful at work as well as when I went shopping for groceries and stuff. Always wearing the mask, using hand sanitizer, etc, etc...

11. Bumblebee bug 1

Bumblebee bug 1 Sarcasticon

Amazon cancelled my Prowl and Ironhide two pack. Anyone know where/how to get one without paying ebay prices?

12. Rodimus Pie

Rodimus Pie AWKWARD

I didn’t get a chance to post earlier, but this morning I found Netflix Soundwave and Prime at Blaine Walmart on Ball Road. Walmart on Ulysses was already sold out. Got the only ones there. Anyway, they’re out there now!

• Like Like x 1
  13. einhazard

News Credits:
    Ha! Why bother running around? Mine should be shipping on *checks WalMart's site* .... why does it just have a picture of a middle finger?

For real tho, that's super cool! I didn't see any at Shakopee WalMart on Saturday. Maybe this week!

• Like Like x 1
  14. MST3KFan

News Credits:
    Just an update on my Dad here... He's not doing so well. The last two days his readings were improving and he seemed to be doing better, but I got a call just a half hour ago from him and he's on the highest level of oxygen they can give him and he's still struggling to breathe... Damn it... The way he was talking...how he sounded. I'm seriously scared, more than I was when he first went in. I don't want this to be the end...I don't want this to be how things go after all he endured since 2011... Not like this, not to a stupid virus. Not in a hospital bed away from family... Damn it... I don't think I've prayed like I am right now this much in years.

Sorry...I just need to vent here...Otherwise, I'm shaking....my COVID has been getting better every day, and a health worker told me yesterday over the phone how the 10th day is usually the worst, but I dunno if that counts for an immune comprised elderly man that has been fighting cancer for almost a decade.

And just as I was typing this my Dad sent a text. They're hooking him up to a breathing machine and one final word. "HOPE" That is one word I will stand behind. Also...PRAY.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Spiff-O-Matic

Spiff-O-Matic I can haz catch-phrase?

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    I second everyone's well wishes to you MST3KFan. Thankfully I haven't had to deal with any worrysome COVID issues, though my sister-in-law had it and she recovered just fine. I can't imaging having to deal with my own illness on top of my parent also having it along with other health issues. That kind of stress can't make it easy for your own body to recover any quicker so you can be there for your father.

HOPE!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Allnamestaken12345

Allnamestaken12345 Well-Known Member

Hope this is the worst part and it gets better after this. Stay strong!

HOPE!

• Like Like x 1
  17. einhazard

News Credits:
    We're here for ya dude. Vent away.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Foster

Foster Haslab Unicron Backer #10 Veteran

News Credits:
    Shakopee Walmart had the new wave of Netflix WFC voyagers. I got the only Soundwave, and there are two Optimus Prime left. Some of the deluxe wave too, but no Elita or Bumblebee.

• Like Like x 1
  19. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I have a friend who's dad was just in the ICU for 16 days. Hang in there, there's always hope.

Also, grabbed the last Soundwave from the Eagan Walmart. One Prime remaining.

20. einhazard

News Credits:
    IT'S ALWAYS THE DAY AFTER I GO!!!

Also: Maverick... his colors are kinda blah, his engineering is great, he definitely feels like less effort was applied than with the other tie-in robots, but overall, the engineering wins out for me and I would say he's a good figure. Definitely more than what I expected as far as jet transformers go.