Minnesota Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Foster, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Bluestreaker

Bluestreaker Rodimus Pie!!!

News Credits:
    I’ve always loathed Bayverse Starscream’s design. Even though I love some other movie designs. So to me he’s just wasted shelf space for Scorponok.

2. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yeah! I have him, and I think he's great!
    I think you're going to be hard pressed to get an accurate Starscream stuffed into a totally clean/accurate F-22.
    I guess it all comes down to what you're going to do with it. Mine gets posed in a glass case.
    20200827_000713.jpg 20200826_094510.jpg

3. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    Yeah, I guess if i wanna go the return route. I was thinking about the price-match thing, but this makes sense.

I like him a lot. I don't have a problem with his kibble or coloration at all. His instructions do totally suck, but he's not THAT hard to logic through even if you're just going off box pics. I do wish his shoulders locked a little more, but I get that they don't so you can do more poses, so it's a decent trade-off.

Also:
    upload_2020-9-24_11-5-44.png

wh.... HOW????

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  4. GX9901DoubleX

GX9901DoubleX Just a passing through rider...

So I saw the MPM Starscream at 50% off at Woodbury Target and bought one. Went straight to the returns desk and showed them the receipt of my original purchase from about a month ago in the Target app. There's a "return" button on the electronic receipt and it brought up a barcode that the clerk scanned. Took about 15 seconds to get the 50% off one returned to my original receipt.

I'm kind of puzzled by how soon Target is clearancing these out. I haven't really seen any until recently since when they first dropped, so it's not like they were warming the shelves. I was actually OK with the $150 MSRP so 50% off is obviously great. So if you guys still have the receipt or have it in your Target app, do the return if you see one at 50% off. Target wants to give you $75 back on something you bought very recently, so why not take advantage?

• Like Like x 1
  5. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    At the time, I had the paper reciept in hand with the expiration date on it.

Anything on that reciept that would be *different* is marked as such on the line item. (Movies/music for example make a note of having to be unopened).

Wormholes, man.

Maybe it was testing the waters and they didn't like what they saw? COVID screwed up a ton of stuff so I'm not surprised if retailers experimented with whatever they could get on shelves and are now prepping for a more normal reset as we head in to holiday shopping season.

6. deusxanime

deusxanime Well-Known Member

I'm pretty much at the Target near me every 2-3 days for something, so I saw them come and go. The first one that appeared was gone within a day. Then another one appeared and was there for a few days and then was gone. Then they got two more on the shelf and those sat there for a couple weeks, until they went on the 50% clearance and I grabbed one. Just got back from there (Target Blaine North 109th) and I saw the other one that I had stashed was gone now too. But it looks like someone stashed a Doubledealer in the same spot behind the Cyberverse Bumblees, so I left that there for whoever it was for. :cool: 

7. einhazard

News Credits:
    So weirdly, Bloomington Target had MPM starscream last night, but it wasn't clearanced?

Anyway, it doesn't seem like it's a 'this failed' sort of thing, because there wasn't really enough time for it to fail, and it sure seems like a lot of us bought it when it hit? He didn't seem to be a shelf-warmer, but it's hard to say that about anything that's only sat there for a couple weeks. Maybe they're just doing a big reset and needed the space?

• Like Like x 1
  8. ApocalypseThruster

ApocalypseThruster Local “Why aren’t they here?!” Poster

News Credits:
    It's probably because MPM Ratchet's set to release on October, and they want the shelves empty so that way the shelves aren't clogged with two MPMs.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bumblebee bug 1

Bumblebee bug 1 Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Personally, I think he's fantastic. Feels super solid in hand, looks way better in person both in terms of color and kibble, and I actually enjoy transforming him. At $75, he's an absolute steal. Part of me feels an urge to buy him a second time because of how good of a deal that is.

10. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Now to sit back and hope for a Sky Lynx markdown....

• Like Like x 1
  11. Allnamestaken12345

Allnamestaken12345 Well-Known Member

It's not much, but Sky Lynx is down to $68 on Amazon right now.

• Like Like x 1
  12. einhazard

News Credits:
    So here's a question:

Just got Centurion (great set! I think I like this deco more than Brunt) and why is Ravage's cage made of black-painted clear plastic when literally nothing else in the set uses totally clear plastic, but there is a gun made out of black plastic? XD (I guess roller's wheels are clear plastic painted black too)

Overall super cool tho. I think the jetpack feels a little cheap but everything else is cool.

EDIT - If you want Slitherfang or the Seeker 2-pack, they have both a-plenty on Target's site.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  13. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    So who else thinks Hasbro didn't mean to show us that first mural?

All I know is I gotta make room for that Ark bot.

• Like Like x 2
  14. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    It has begun...
    Screenshot_20200926-160836_Chrome.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. Allnamestaken12345

Allnamestaken12345 Well-Known Member

Pretty pumped for Tracks and the rest of the G1 part of the line. Not a big fan of BW, so gonna skip that part. Those that do though, enjoy!

16. einhazard

News Credits:
    I like both parts, but I'm more psyched for the BW part because there's just been so much G1 retread over the past ~10 years. It'll be good to have something a little different. That Cyclonus looks siiiiick though. Also Preordered Scythe Megs even though I think my brother gave me the one he picked up in Korea.... Just gotta see if I put it somewhere....

Anyway, did the starscream clearance trick (because it took me this long to find one) off a Starscream at Otsego Target. Normally I'd just bite the difference, but.... $75. Weirdly, he's still not clearanced at Bloomington.
    Also are people looking for Direct Hit and Power Punch? Because I've been seeing them all over. Forget what wave they're from tho. Other than that, nothing interesting.

Airwave, SS Blitzwing, and SS Topspin are all on Amazon too right now.

::EDIT since there are no new posts::
    So Airwave is prolly the best modulator/weaponizer we've gotten so far. A really good realization of the concept that's super versatile and unique-looking. MORE PLEASE.

Blitzwing.... so like... same thing where it's unique, but just not executed great? Like a big ol' 'You Tried!' but I still like him for what he is and I'm glad I have the Earth cast for Bee. I want them to do Soundwave tho.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  17. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Looking for a possible helping hand here: Is there anyone who doesn't want the BttF Gigawatt crossover?

Baby number 2 is overdue, so there's a non-zero chance that the morning of October 1st I'll be a little busy and unable to place an order. If someone doesn't want Gigawatt themselves and is willing to be a backup if I need help, that would be greatly appreciated. Things being what they are I would know as early as Thursday morning if I need a backup.

Anyone able to help?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bluestreaker

Bluestreaker Rodimus Pie!!!

News Credits:
    Just got notice from Pulse that my Pit of Judgment has shipped!

Also, I received my Centurion / accessory pack today. Damn is Prime’s ion blaster ridiculously huge and out-of-scale. Wonder how that happened. Everything else is pretty great. Roller is a darker blue than Earthrise Prime. I’m guessing he’ll match the Walmart voyager release.

• Like Like x 1
  19. einhazard

News Credits:
    Shakopee Target had a buncha seeker packs and that's about it.

:: edit:: looks like the ratchet/ paradon medic set from Amazon will get here on Friday.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  20. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Starscream is getting a further clearance cut. Now down to $45 if you can find it.

• Like Like x 1