Minnesota Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Foster, Oct 23, 2003.

1. deusxanime

deusxanime Well-Known Member

Still no spotting of G1 Astrotrain (price stickers for him everywhere though), but Andover WallyWorld did have a G1 Soundwave and a couple each of his tape packs, surprisingly. They even looked to have fairly good sticker applications on them.

2. Rodimus Pie

Rodimus Pie AWKWARD

1x Op and Chooch at “Quarry” Target NE as of closing tonight. Again, mixed in with old stuff.

3. Wazdakka

Wazdakka Decepticon

If anyone owns TLK Leader Megatron, let me know. I picked him up several years after drooling at his original reveal images. I have had a lot of trouble getting the back half of his vehicle mode of pegging in (wings to legs and back) and I had to pull on a knee so hard that I cut my thumb.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a trick to getting his wings flush?

4. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    I'll take mine to work and check it out! :D 

::EDIT::quick grabbed mine before work and gave it a look. That back chunk that his wings connect to doesn't sit fully flushed - it's a little raised. I think there's a place where it kinda mushily pegs in, but the place where I really get mine to lock is by plugging the pegs on the sides of his bot knees into the bottom of his little rear jet thrusters. Why did you have to pull on the knees? I'm not sure which step that would be. Got pics of what you mean?

::another edit:: well, no leaders at ep target, but I did find er voyagers! Grabbed the lone Starscream and one of the three grapples they had. Two grapples left.

::Okay last edit I swear I just don't wanna double-post:: Grapple is cool. He looks good in both modes and gets the job done even though his transformation is pretty vanilla. Comes with a lot of weapons, so that's neat. Getting his feet unplugged from his crane when putting him into botmode TOTALLY SUCKS. Very tight. I actually snapped the peg just now on my FIRST TIME trying to transform him, so be careful.
    upload_2020-2-18_9-52-55.png

I thought starscream was gonna suck, but he's actually really rad. Some of his transformation has stuff I've never seen before, and that's what I've liked about ER. I don't think I'm gonna get a full set of 3 for this mold like I did with the tetrajets, but calling him 'just a better version of classics' is a pretty big disservice.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Jertallica

Jertallica Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    2 more Earthrise Optimus and Astrotrains left at the Plymouth Target! IMG_20200218_104621.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  6. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:

I saw in the Earthrise Grapple thread in the forums that the pegs are super tight and prone to breaking as a major issue. I'll be digging out the sandpaper to shave the pegs down on mine whenever I find one for myself here.

• Like Like x 1
  7. einhazard

News Credits:
    Yeah, I hadn't been reading that thread, so I missed it. The first one came out OKAY, but I had the same thought as you... and then the second just didn't come out at all and broke. Still, at least it's not one that's really in a place that affects my ability to enjoy the figure, so that makes it a little better!

8. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If it matters, I took a trip to Bloomington and saw Singe and Rung at the Mall of America toy store near the rides.

It's a rare site for this NYer!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rodimus Pie

Rodimus Pie AWKWARD

Rung is a rare sight anywhere. I bet someone will make the trip!

10. Rolander

Rolander Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Three Earthrise Astrotrains at Rodgers Target. I took home the lone Earthrise Optimus Prime.

Nothing new at Otsego Target, as usual.

11. Snarlus Prime

Snarlus Prime Well-Known Member

Anyone interested before I put this on craig's list, etc?

Attached Files:

12. Snarlus Prime

Snarlus Prime Well-Known Member

Wife found ER Prime and Astrotrain in Savage and brought them home. Sounds like they were the only 2...

13. Rahal Stmin

Rahal Stmin Bounty Hunter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I might be interested in the Evac if he comes with his Gold-bordered Cyber Planet Key

14. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Team Lovehammer

News Credits:
    Eagan Target has Grapple. That's it for ER.

15. Marto6

Marto6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    M
    Willmar Wal Mart has a temporarily out of stock tag for G1 Astrotrain.. I only seen two of him... But I'm guessing he was in a case of 4-6... ? So you might not see him...?

16. Marto6

Marto6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just picked up SS Soundwave at the Redwood Walmart.. WW2 Hot rod was their as well.as 07 Bb which is the wrong car...but whatever.. no more Soundwaves.. newest SS voyagers are in stock as well.. 1MM and 2 Meg's. Older siege deluxes ...Hound and Red Alerts.. available.

17. GodzillaHop

GodzillaHop Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Grabbed the only Earthrise Prime from the Coon Rapids Target. A bunch of ER micro masters left, nothing else of note

18. Rodimus Pie

Rodimus Pie AWKWARD

Dunno if this has been posted in the feedback thread, but here’s a very simple fix for Grappel’s peg issues. There’s actually tiny outcroppings at the bottom of the pegs, designed to make the pegs perfectly round. All you need to do is sand down those little bits (making them flush with the inside of the pegs) and it will peg in perfectly. It will still be tight, but not enough to break, as long as you’re reasonably careful. Obviously you could sand further if you’re worried, but this seems to do the trick. Untouched peg on the left, sanded peg on the right. 88F10F86-55F0-448B-9512-BC94C43BCD58.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  19. einhazard

News Credits:
    Mine looks like that but one peg is gone. DiD i SaNd ToO fAr? XD

My buddy got one yesterday as well and his is totally fine and not even all that tight, so I guess I'm just the lucky one. >< I tried to get the remains of the peg out last night and that didn't go so hot either... guess I'll just have to get Inferno when he comes out so I have one that doesn't have a totally destroyed hole on his foot.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
  20. Rodimus Pie

Rodimus Pie AWKWARD

Just swallowed a huge pill and ordered Starscream from TF source for way more than I should have paid. I’ve been on a tour of Targets the past couple days, and either he’s gone because he’s only one per case, or (more often) the shelves are jammed with Siege Megatron and Thundercracker, so it looks like Starscream is going to be a problem.

Now that I’ve ordered him I’ll probably find him. Hopefully soon enough that I can cancel my order before it ships.

How did we end up with so many cases of Megs/Cracker anyway?