Minnesota Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Foster, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Grabbed the lone Apeface at Edina Target.

2. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    One ape face at bville target

Nada at hidden walmart or savage target. Walmart had 35th anniversary guys and savage has s3 5pack botbots if anyone is looking

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  3. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    Just grabbed Glacialord for $50 as part of TFSource's Cyber Monday sale. If you, like me, have been on the fence about this guy....getting a 3P combiner for roughly retail is too good to pass up. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  4. einhazard

News Credits:
    He's really good. Oldschool but not in a crap way, fun gimmick, cool boxes, and works with other scramble city-style combiners.

Oh, I miss the days when FP didn't totally suck.

5. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    I went and watched a Peaugh review in anticipation of its arrival, and he mentions how FP is planning additional figures in the line. (I believe implying he's seen the plans)

The video was nearly 5 years old... :( 

Did they abandon RetroFuture to focus on the Core stuff?

6. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    They abandoned Retro Future because it didn't sell well and there wasn't enough interest.
    I still keep a tiny candle burning that someone will take the idea further because I thought it was a lot of fun. :/

7. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Right?!

I love that it's an original G1 combiner in the same scale/compatibility. It would be awesome if someone just said "EFF IT!" and did a CW version of Glacialord.

8. einhazard

News Credits:
    I don't think they're really doing ANYTHING new at this point. Social media seems to have slowed down and nothing's popped up on their site. I think what did them in was the FPCore thing they did with Ages 3 and Up since that was a logistical and customer service nightmare.

9. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    I would be so happy to see that on two levels: Firstly because it would be an awesome toy and secondly because it would be fun to witness the fan brainmelting that would occur if Hasbro legitimized an original unlicensed design. I'm sure the people who run/ran Fansproject would take it as the highest compliment.

• Like Like x 1
  10. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Oh I was referring to literally anybody. Like, a 3P stepping in and doing one would be awesome. And since they're a blocky G1 design...they wouldn't have to get too friggin' fancy with the design either. Just update it with a bit of articulation and CW ports.

11. einhazard

News Credits:
    Yeah, I mean, the set is really simplistic in a G1 way but kinda beats most of the G1 combiners. It's got such cool gimmicks too, what with the pilot/chest-headmasters and how they integrate in any mode but can also be pilots in any mode. Also the way the robot mode weapons work is smart, and while Tusker is no feat of engineering, he still has a lot of the old clever FP charm that made figures like Smart Robin mainstays in my collection. There's just a lot of tiny things to love across the set, from the unique color schemes, to the cool alt modes, to the unified feel of the set, to the pretend lore that FP surrounded it with, even down the the beaten-up, faded, stained, and--in one case--Korean box designs. I mean, there's fake screen shots from a fake G1 episode in it. The whole thing just really shows the love that FP had for transformers back when they were great, and it's too bad we'll probably never see anything quite like it again in an age where the fandom just wants more G1 updates rather than unique designs.

$50 for that set... man, just so totally worth it.

12. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Nabbed the only Spinister at Bloomington walmart. Left a Crosshairs

• Like Like x 1
  13. einhazard

News Credits:
    ARG I WAS TOTALLY GONNA GO THERE LAST NIGHT AND WAS LIKE "Nah, they wouldn't have anything." XD How is he? (Oh apparently my Spinister on Pulse just went to Paid as well, so I guess he's shipping soon either way)

AS for sightings, Bville Target has nothing new unless you're looking for BotBots s3 stuff.
    Hidden Walmart had nothin' either unless you're looking for cel shaded megs and Bluestreak

14. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Was someone still looking for NECA Turtles? Argenta Hills Target has both sets plus the pair of Foot Soldiers.

15. Bluestreaker

Bluestreaker Rodimus Pie!!! TFW2005 Supporter

Looks like I missed out on the Amazon Exclusive Phantomstrike (Skywarp & friends) set.

Anybody have one they don’t want or need? I have an extra Amazon Punch/Counterpunch I could trade. Or I could just pay you.

16. GuppyMN

GuppyMN Evil little fish

Ouch that stinks. I was on the fence on ordering that set myself. I decided to grab it last week. It arrived yesterday so now my seeker set is complete.

Picked up Apeface at Woodbury Target East over lunch yesterday. I didn't see anything else new and they only had the one.

17. einhazard

News Credits:
    I'm kinda surprised it's out of stock, but I guess it was an 'exclusive'. No extras here. Sorry man.

In sighting news, my Spinister shipped this morning, so no more walmart for m---wait there were Astrotrain sightings there, weren't there? Crap.

18. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    I think it went on sale during Black Friday/Cyber Monday so that would have likely done it. Same thing happened last year with PotP Nemesis Prime. Dude dropped down to $30 during the same period and then never came back in stock.

19. Bluestreaker

I was watching carefully for it to go on sale, stalking the page. It must have sold out *immediately* after being marked down. Now paying $150+ on eBay is the only option.

20. Bluestreaker

Siege Omega is on sale for $112 at Amazon TODAY ONLY.

Also Astrotrain seems to be popping in and out of stock at $49.99.

EDIT: Found Crosshairs and Spinister at St Louis Park Target on Excelsior and 100. Left one Crosshairs on the peg. They have 14+ deluxe on hand - most being unloaded still. Not sure how many are the new two, but I assume some are.

Also, Spinister.... I had to buy two because as usual, the first one was defective. His shoulders were bolted on backwards. So make sure to look close before you buy!

Left is wrong, right is right:

90ECAD51-1869-4F63-A69A-43D4F253A5F6.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019